TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red Stripe! Hooray Beer!

DubbsFaris

Just thought I would share it first since I haven't seen an announcement...

The Red Stripe option for 2008 is available as of October 19, 2007, and I haven't seen one lil announcement anywhere on the internet...

I just ordered mine on a convertable, but I guess they only offered it on the coupe last year, right? So will that make this extra rare?

And does anyone know if they will put the center stripes on convertible models with this option? I would REALLY like that!

And does anyone know if they will put the center stripes on convertible models with this option? I would REALLY like that!

Doubt it...But I have heard of guys ordering the top stripes for their verts and putting them on themselves, less the roof stripes of course.

See if your dealer will throw in a set of top stripes with the deal...Wouldn't hurt to ask especially if you're paying a big ADM ;) .

If they won't throw in a set of top stripes needle them to include a factory Shelby car cover with the deal.

Regards,

WP

Just thought I would share it first since I haven't seen an announcement...

The Red Stripe option for 2008 is available as of October 19, 2007, and I haven't seen one lil announcement anywhere on the internet...

I just ordered mine on a convertable, but I guess they only offered it on the coupe last year, right? So will that make this extra rare?

red stripe convt in 08 IS going to have the over the top stripe (not the roof of course). i just put the order in for ours. sold a black with red coupe now would like to have black with red convt.

pretty good looking car.

michael morris

• 2 weeks later...

Michael,

What is the details behind the white shelby with red stripes.... I was offered one and given a song and dance about 1 of 7 or something like that.....

Actually, according to the internal memo put out by Ford- The 2008 red stripe package will only be available for the convertible, and will be limited to the first 600 that order after October 19. This will put the red stripe numbers pretty close for the coupes and vertes. But one of 7 is a farce. You gotta figure most of the 2008 gt500 allocations have been ordered before the offering of this, but even if 80% are on order or delivered, it still leaves 2000, and 600 could easily be produced for this package, but I am hoping most of the vertes ordered are unaware, since this red stripe has not had one single public announcement for this run. Im sure Ford made the announcement before the builds for vertes(which would total about 2500ish) fell below their 600 limit, or they wouldn't need to list the limit. On the other hand, I cant even find a photo of what it looks like as a verte. I have paid for a car I haven't even seen a picture of, much less test driven...LOL

One more little piece of info-

This will be the only factory verte with over the top stripes produced for the GT500, so there will be some extra value in that if you like having something special.

You may want to make sure it is a true GT500, as some dealers are trying to pawn the slow selling Shelby GT off on unaware customers... If they added the stripes, and I have heard of some wierd emblem placing and italic GT500 branding on a GT, since it is technically a shelby...but thats another thread discussion...if its real and a good deal, and you get it...Please throw a picture our way so we can see it!

Michael,

What is the details behind the white shelby with red stripes.... I was offered one and given a song and dance about 1 of 7 or something like that.....

depends on 07 or 08. 07 there were 297 red striped cars (54R). about half black and the other white. in 08 there is going to be 600 convt in 08. there is no 1 of 7 deal. the lowest number is 1 of 9,vista blue stipe delete

heres the complete breakdown

http://www.svt.ford.com/buildChart/index.html

hope this helps

michael morris

Archived