TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Electric water pump

jaksjerky

Ford is already replacing the power steering pump with an electric motor to save HP. They have claimed up to 8% improvement in fuel mileage. GM already has a plan to elminate the starter to reduce weight and increase mileage.

What we need is for SAI to market this. Not just so we can pay more but rather to keep it "All Shelby" under the hood.

I checked the web site and Brenspeed stated you might need a 1-2" shorter belt. Where would you find the belt? 10 HP for 350.00 is a good bargain if the water pump is reliable. Not only 10+ HP but also but fuel economy, less wear/stress on the engine, etc. But we need it to be engraved SHELBY and sold and installed by SAI. Then it will really be worth 350.00

I checked the web site and Brenspeed stated you might need a 1-2" shorter belt. Where would you find the belt? 10 HP for 350.00 is a good bargain if the water pump is reliable. Not only 10+ HP but also but fuel economy, less wear/stress on the engine, etc. But we need it to be engraved SHELBY and sold and installed by SAI. Then it will really be worth 350.00

Belt is Gates #060990 or Nappa 25-060990

I was looking through the Brenspeed website and saw an electric water pump that adds like 11 RWHP. Flow is 55GPM. Any thoughts?

I added ten electric pumps hoping for an extra 110 HP but my car overheated on way to dyno shop.

Seriously, not for street driving ...best for 10-12 second drives only

Per Bren Speed this is not to be used for daily driving. It is intended for drag racing and for use when the engine is not running. So much for an easy and cheap 11 horse power.

Guys...look at what 07SGT was told by Brenspeed.(And I believeBrenspeed knows their stuff) These are mostly used by racersive seen for cooling while shutdown, or as backup. Re the horsepower claims, I will believe 11 rwhp when I see it on a dyno. Try spinning a automotive waterpump by hand...do we .think a 3hp briggs + stratton will handle a auto waterpump, or will it take a 10+ hp draw to circulate a couple gallons of coolant. I am personally holding out for electric camshafts + lifters....there's some real hp to be had there. Just my 2cents.

Guys...look at what 07SGT was told by Brenspeed.(And I believeBrenspeed knows their stuff) These are mostly used by racersive seen for cooling while shutdown, or as backup. Re the horsepower claims, I will believe 11 rwhp when I see it on a dyno. Try spinning a automotive waterpump by hand...do we .think a 3hp briggs + stratton will handle a auto waterpump, or will it take a 10+ hp draw to circulate a couple gallons of coolant. I am personally holding out for electric camshafts + lifters....there's some real hp to be had there. Just my 2cents.

Your going to need the 300amp alternator if you do that........................ :)

i agree there is no pump that is going to get you that kind of results !!!!!!!! :D

Your going to need the 300amp alternator if you do that........................ :)

ED S...good point...I wonder how much HP that will siphon off ? Maybe I will just put a diesel generator in the trunk, pick up some eletrical current and traction at the same time .

I love bench-racing !!

Thanks for the poop!

Totally agree with offical Bren speed ( BS) poop too.

they say if God wanted us to have electric water pumps, he would have given us electric cars ( or maybe toyota said that...i am kinda mixed up on my sayings lately)

They are busy doing a dyno day today so I could not reach David or Seth , if their web site is wrong then they need to change it , man thats alot of poop :lol:

I'm sure i speak for all of us when i say,

We just want the straight poop on this! Not some bad poop that gets spread around , but the real poop, so we know what poop to go with so we don't get pooped out on the side of the road........ :)

Archived