TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed my Brenspeed tune and Steeda elbow!

07SHELBY GT

My SCT tuner and Steeda elbow came in the mail today!So I couldn't wait to get home and install,Which took all of 15 minutes for both!Just wanted to tell you guys still just thinking about Brenspeeds tune,Get with it!As I have explained in some of my other posts,The peak power doesn't feel much different,BUT THE DRIVEABILITY HAS BEEN GREATLY INCREASED!It feels much peppier without as much throttle input.It has been exactly as I expected.I do not believe anyone would be disappointed!

My SCT tuner and Steeda elbow came in the mail today!So I couldn't wait to get home and install,Which took all of 15 minutes for both!Just wanted to tell you guys still just thinking about Brenspeeds tune,Get with it!As I have explained in some of my other posts,The peak power doesn't feel much different,BUT THE DRIVEABILITY HAS BEEN GREATLY INCREASED!It feels much peppier without as much throttle input.It has been exactly as I expected.I do not believe anyone would be disappointed!

which elbow did you get the plastic or carbon, what did you pay total, 15minutes huh so thats mean 1hr for me

which elbow did you get the plastic or carbon, what did you pay total, 15minutes huh so thats mean 1hr for me

I got the plastic elbow,And paid $490 to the door,I ordered mine about a week and a half ago,Before the group purchase started!Nah,You can do it in 1/2 hour tops,Harder to install the elbow,Easy as pie to install the tune!If you have any questions about either,Just ask!

Do you have pictures of the Steeda elbow.

Not yet,I might be able to post some tomorrow,It is a decent looking piece,The clamps are a little cheesy on the vent elbow attatchment,But overall not a bad piece.

Nice to hear , funny how everybody says the same thing , GET IT , you won't be dissappointed , there is a good reason for that :rolleyes:

No , its not that hard , you do need a harmonic balancer puller ( rent from autozone ) thats the hardest part

takes about 35 mins taking your time and you use the stock belt .

Who's brand did you use?Expensive?

Which tune did you install? 91 or 93 octane?

93 Octane version.They told me that you don't lose much even with the 87 tune,I might try it.

I got the one from Summit, the part number if you are interested is SUM-C2512 and its 150.69 shipped to your door ,SFI approved too.

Thats a pretty good deal!I'm going to check into that,Thanks!

No , its not that hard , you do need a harmonic balancer puller ( rent from autozone ) thats the hardest part

I think i will pass on that self install, anyone got reccommedation for a good place to do it in orange county california? i'm going to get that trio offer from brenspeed

When you say driveabilty is increased, i was hoping you could be more descriptive. I am almost ready to get the SCT and my issue with the car has always been about low end power. I am ok that i wont see a BHP gain what i want is not to have to take the car up to the higher RPMs for it to feel powerful. Will this give me more low end grunt?

When you say driveabilty is increased, i was hoping you could be more descriptive. I am almost ready to get the SCT and my issue with the car has always been about low end power. I am ok that i wont see a BHP gain what i want is not to have to take the car up to the higher RPMs for it to feel powerful. Will this give me more low end grunt?

Yes where you normally end up cruising is at about 2000 rpm, ther is a significant increase in this range,Although not an ungodly increase ,You will definately notice it!And the pull from 3000 rpm is also stronger,Again not like a Supercharger but significant enough that you will notice it .Also the car is much snappier just off idle.

Congrats 07 ShelbyGT--glad you like it...I'm still totally happy with mine. Michael, when I put mine with the new tune on the dyno last Friday it showed increased low-end HP and torque between 1750 rpms and 2250 rpms--which is where I spend A LOT of mine time driving.

You will feel a noticeable difference in low end grunt.

Now that we've got several people here on the board with the tune, I'll be interested to see if those with it installed see a noticeable difference in MPG. I think I may have lost a bit---maybe dropped from the low 18s to the high 17s---but part of that might be that the new tune makes it more fun to punch it more often!!!

I haven't even tried my 87 or 91 octane tunes yet---but might the next time I am doing a longish, boring interstate drive to save on gas $$ a bit.

Congrats to all who took the plunge on the Brenspeed tune!It does exactly as it states!BTW,Interstate fuel mileage was 25-26 with FRPP tune,Now it's 26-28 with Brenspeed tune,I am using cruise control for some added accuracy.

Congrats to all who took the plunge on the Brenspeed tune!It does exactly as it states!BTW,Interstate fuel mileage was 25-26 with FRPP tune,Now it's 26-28 with Brenspeed tune,I am using cruise control for some added accuracy.

SOMEONE told me the headlights will dim because the alternator does not charge as well in idle with these new pullys , any idea if that is true

it seems that those who are getting the new tunes are receiving it with 87, 91 & 93 octane tunes, am I right ? Where I live the highest octane I've found close by is 92, would you use the 91 tune or use the 93 with a little octane boost ?

it seems that those who are getting the new tunes are receiving it with 87, 91 & 93 octane tunes, am I right ? Where I live the highest octane I've found close by is 92, would you use the 91 tune or use the 93 with a little octane boost ?

I would try the 93 as long as you get no pinging your golden , if you do back it down to the 91 octane tune . I would not use any type of octane boost .

Obviously, I'm behind the times here, but I have a dumb question:

Does the Brenspeed tune that everyone is talking about come standard on the SCT tuner, or do you have to order it special like?

Also, does this unit allow you to store and retain the factory FRPP SGT tune, or would you need to go back to a Ford dealership to return to anything other than a stock Mustang GT tune?

Wanting to do a custom tune, but just too many options out there...

Archived