TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Adam O'dwyer

lonnyreed

I just wanted to say congratulations to Adam….I think I’m right on this, but I’ve never read a negative comment from Adam….hood scoops…stripes….mod shop. To this guy, it’s not about the intensity of a couple of weeks........or months waiting for your car, getting it and enjoying it thoroughly. Adam is taking every little bit of fun and joy possible from a machine (and the Shelby legacy) and turning it into an adventure. We should all find something in life to be so passionate about, whether it be a Shelby, or our careers, or our communities. What with all of the road trips, trips to SAI, writing songs, car shows, guitars, Tasca….I just have one question…..

Does Adam have a job?????

:huh:

Yes he does...:lol: part time! :lol:

Adam and I have become very good friends through this forum. We share the same passion for the brand and the man. I just have about a 13 year head start on him. He is the definition of a "true friend". Count how many "friends" you really have. We use the term loosely but are they someone you can call on or count on in "any" situation?

Adam is that guy. I am proud to call Adam my friend and I would do anything for him if ever in need.

Here's to you bud 143.gif

Adam"The Crazy Irishman" O'dywer is a dedicated person. I too know he has never said a bad word to anyone on this forum. Now that takes a lot due to some of the stuff people write here!! Do I think he is absolutely crazy about the Shelby brand, loook at his site and that will tell you!

I've chatted with Adam a number of times via PM's and he's a stand up guy and a good source of info. He is truly passionate about these cars and I've enjoyed my interactions with him.

BTW----Keep talking about him-my Grandmother always says "as long as people are talking about someone else, they're leaving me alone" :D :P

LR66= Adam's family member??! ;) Great words seriously though. I have also had the pleasure of meeting Adam, as well as a few others on here and it was a fantastic time. I cant wait until next summer to do it again :)

bad things about Adam.

1. alittle short to live in the south

2. wants up with that accent?

3. has a BLACK SGT!

anyone can add to this as long as your joking. dont say anything mean or ill send guido and tiny (the family lawyers) to see you and breaka ya leg...

michael morris

ADAM IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!! I MET HIM AT TASCA!! I JUST WISH I WOULD HAVE SPENT ANOTHER 250.00 AND GOT HIM TO SIGN MY SHELBY :D

Sorry it took me some time to reply. I wrote most of this within a day or so but didn't have time to review and post until now so here goes.

WOW! I don't know what to say. You guys are all great. This is an awesome bunch of people that I am really glad to be a part of. Thank you all…

Lonny:

Thank you very much for posting those very kind words. It's good to see you back; it's been a while. I learned so much about this whole Shelby GT program from you, including your experience with your museum delivery. Thank you also for helping me with my first visit to SAI. By the way, I would love it if you could post a copy of the picture of your car that I saw hanging in John's living room near all his tiki stuff.

I do prefer to keep things positive. I am usually pretty easy going. A couple things have bothered me but I got past them fairly quickly and easily. I see no need to vent here. Of the few items that I did have an issue with, I dealt with those people directly and professionally – plus they were minor anyway.

You have hit it spot on though with my true passion with this whole Shelby program. I've been calling it my "Shelby Experience." Just prior to finding out about the SGT, I was gathering up the cash to purchase a beat up 68 GT350. Had I purchased that car, I'd still be hanging out in my garage every night through the heat or cold, banging away, sanding, grinding, prying, cutting and so forth. Instead, I found this program, made some awesome friends both on this forum and at SAI, have been involved with some incredible and lucky activities and have what I feel is the most incredibly Shelby ever.

Roger - The Professor:

Ditto. You are a true friend too and I'm there for you any time you need. I really enjoyed sharing in the delivery of your baby as you did for me – as any good friend would, no matter what. It has been really cool sharing this experience with you such as you seeing my car when it was in the mod shop and vice versa, sharing lots of fun and information on this forum, and our trip to get my trailer. You're definitely one of the most, if not the most knowledgeable Shelby and Mustang people I know.

Barry:

You've been great too. Thank you so much for running with the Shelby Song "Good Lord Mr. Shelby." You did an incredible job and I am proud to be part of that experience. You've also been a great asset to this forum especially educating us with the hood scoop repairs.

Michael Wicked:

You're probably one of the funniest and craziest guys on this forum. It's been great reading your posts. I'll also never forget you at the Tasca Event. You're a real Shelby Nut.

Dave&Sherri (LOL):

It's been awesome sharing lots of stories and jokes with you over the months. Your patience is as incredible as your new passion for Shelby's. You too are one of the more knowledgeable of the group.

Michael M:

You are absolutely the best, nicest and most honest dealer out there. It's great to know you and a pleasure to spend time with you. Thank you for the gifts. I can't wait to see your SS when it's finished. You deserve it. I hope SAI awards you a special "best of" or "most sales of" award some day. I hereby would like to be the first to nominate you.

Larry:

You've been great too. Oh, by the way, thanks again for fixing that post a while ago. It turns out that it wasn't from something I did – just as I thought. Hope Connor's excitement continues as AJ's. Although AJ is bummed that the season is over.

Terry:

I don't think a family member would have said such nice things. LOL. I too look forward to us all hanging out again. As I had posted last month, the next party is on me. I will plan it, run it and cook the burgers as long as it's at Roger's house and he pays for all the food and tent and Lori does all the cooking again. LOL, J/K

Barry/Michael, you guys didn't know I already had a sunroof. John put one in for me. Oh, sorry, that was in an email he sent me. LOL

MM, yeah but I lean to the right so hopefully that makes up for it all. LOL

Steve:

It was great meeting you at Tasca too. As mentioned above, I'm looking forward to the next party. Thank you again so much for telling me about those hood pins. I love them and they are a million times better than the originals. Still have the helmet? What's the latest on the Shelby Charger?

Wow, after reading all of that again, I feel like the Wizard of OZ. LOL. Only thing is I meant it all.

While I am on my favorite subject (ME) I thought I'd take this moment to finally post my dyno sheet from Tasca last week. As you'll see, the SGT's with the Whipple are coming in at 463.9 RWHP or using a 13 factor (per Tasca) that's 524 HP at the engine. WooHOO! Look at that graph, that's pretty awesome. They dated it off by one day but who cares. Anyone wishes, feel free to Photoshop this and put your own names in there for your records. Soon I'll return the car to Tasca for some tuning to get a little more out of her. Here is the dyno:

2007-10-27-1724-05_edited.jpg

Speaking of power. Right after this dyno run, I finally took her up to the track. It was 53 degrees which seems ideal for racing. However, that track was really slippery. Most people said that they were off by at least a whole second. I had a blast. It was my first time ever. When I got there, it was already really dark at 8 pm. Even though there were well over 200 cars there that night, lots of people came over to see my car and some took pics. It was great.

Needless to say, my reaction time was bogus. I had a .560 RT. I left the stock (20" Nitto 555) tires as is (meaning I didn't let any air out of them) and I left the traction control on. I just wanted to see what it was like (plus a guy Rod suggested this too). Anyway, I slid like hell in first, second and even in 3rd. Plus, after the rev-limiter kicked in in first gear, the front end actually dropped because the engine shut down for a half second. Meanwhile, I was up against a really nice 2004 Mach 1 and the owner was a really nice guy. He slid some too but not nearly as bad as I. He had an awesome RT of .117. He was well ahead of me by 3rd gear but once I got to 3rd and lock up, that's when the power kicked in and I was amazed as to how fast I caught up to him. He ended up winning but his top was 14.289 sec at 103.78 mph while my top was 14.160 at 109.59 mph.

Hey, I wasn't proud of this at all but I had a real lot of fun. I was just happy I didn't crash or blow something as I had seen weeks prior. I tried to scan this but the printout was too light. So here are the stats:

________SGT_____ Mach 1

RT _____.560_____ .117

60' _____2.642 _____2.412

330 ____6.8 _______6.354

1/8 _____9.752 _____9.49

MPH ___83.36 _____79.13

1000 ___12.144 ____12.111

1/4 _____14.160 ____14.289

MPH ___109.59 ____103.78

The bottom line is, it was awesome, I had fun and I can't wait till the spring. I have a lot of work to do and will have a blast practicing. Here is a pic.

IMG_0970_edited.jpg

Thanks again guys for all the kind words above. Now I look forward to you all making fun of my numbers. I promise to do much better next year. The first thing I'll be buying are some slicks and then I'll be lowering the air pressure and turning off the traction control. Then I'll take some classes. Look out Louie, I would love to reach your numbers. LOL

Wow how did I miss this thread! Adam O'Dwyer, he's one son of a @*&(. Nice guy. LOL If you look up Shelby nut in the Websters dictionary there will be a picture of Adam. He's the kind of guy that will give you the shirt off his back and empty his wallet to a complete stranger. He's also man enough to admit things, embarrassing or not. I've gotten to know Adam quite well and consider him a true friend and someday we will meet face to face. I've yet to meet a man with such passion for an automobile. From guitars to music what else could a guy incorporate into a car. Who knows....... but Adam will think of something. :blink:

Love ya man, Dave

Wow how did I miss this thread! Adam O'Dwyer, he's one son of a @*&(. Nice guy. LOL If you look up Shelby nut in the Websters dictionary there will be a picture of Adam. He's the kind of guy that will give you the shirt off his back and empty his wallet to a complete stranger. He's also man enough to admit things, embarrassing or not. I've gotten to know Adam quite well and consider him a true friend and someday we will meet face to face. I've yet to meet a man with such passion for an automobile. From guitars to music what else could a guy incorporate into a car. Who knows....... but Adam will think of something. :blink:

Love ya man, Dave

LET'S START A TEAM ADAM FORUM. :D EVERYONE CAN MOVE THERE, ADAM CAN BE THE FIRST MEMBER AND WE CAN ASK HIM OUR QUESTIONS. I THINK A ADGT/SC WOULD BE REALLY COOL.

HEY ADAM, THE SHELBY CHARGER IS IN STORAGE AND THE HELMET IS STILL FORSALE. IF YOU NEED A PR GUY LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!

Love ya man, Dave

Thanks Dave. I do have something up my sleeve.

LET'S START A TEAM ADAM FORUM. :D EVERYONE CAN MOVE THERE, ADAM CAN BE THE FIRST MEMBER AND WE CAN ASK HIM OUR QUESTIONS. I THINK A ADGT/SC WOULD BE REALLY COOL.

HEY ADAM, THE SHELBY CHARGER IS IN STORAGE AND THE HELMET IS STILL FORSALE. IF YOU NEED A PR GUY LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!

Thanks Steve, as I just mentioned to Dave, I do have something up my sleeve. More to come soon.

I figured you'd be driving the Charger by now. I saw one nearby in decent shape for $1000. I still might buy it and store it just for the heck of it. I figure that in the 70's no one knew that the 60's Shelby's would be worth anything. Even though there isn't much of a following for the Dodge Shelby's, you never can predict the future. $1000 is not bad a risk. Plus, I'd own another Shelby.

Anyway, if you don't mind that I hijack my own topic, even though I didn't start it, I would love to help promote your helmet. Therefore, anyone interested in a vintage true Shelby helmet, contact Shelby0264. He has an original that was used by someone at Shelby from the 60's and it's in good shape. Steve, perhaps you can post pics of it and elaborate. Maybe run it by the guys at the SAAC to help verify a potential story around the helmet. I wish you well selling it. If no luck here, put it on eBay.

Thanks Dave. I do have something up my sleeve.

Thanks Steve, as I just mentioned to Dave, I do have something up my sleeve. More to come soon.

I figured you'd be driving the Charger by now. I saw one nearby in decent shape for $1000. I still might buy it and store it just for the heck of it. I figure that in the 70's no one knew that the 60's Shelby's would be worth anything. Even though there isn't much of a following for the Dodge Shelby's, you never can predict the future. $1000 is not bad a risk. Plus, I'd own another Shelby.

Anyway, if you don't mind that I hijack my own topic, even though I didn't start it, I would love to help promote your helmet. Therefore, anyone interested in a vintage true Shelby helmet, contact Shelby0264. He has an original that was used by someone at Shelby from the 60's and it's in good shape. Steve, perhaps you can post pics of it and elaborate. Maybe run it by the guys at the SAAC to help verify a potential story around the helmet. I wish you well selling it. If no luck here, put it on eBay.

buy the charger,you can't go wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived