TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SGT Production Time

ngnear_merged

My guess would be 7-10 weeks, understanding that the amount of SGT's awaiting conversion could have drastically increased (add time) and the shipping time over Winter roads to your dealer could be delayed.

Of course, that would be with no mods......if mods, ask Roger! :blink:

Maybe a dealer who already received an 08 SGT can chime in?

Don't really know about the turnaround time for a normal conversion. Bud or John may be able to answer that one. I would think not as long as the 07 run because of the final number of cars to convert. From what I read the 08 Grabber Orange are complete and 08's are being shipped for about 2-3 weeks now.

Bud and his team have been cranking out mod shop cars at a much quicker pace again, leave Bud a PM and he will get back to you. Shipping would be via the specific carrier they utilize. Some get the cars to the dealers quicker than others.

Can anyone provide me a timeframe of how long it takes to for a car to be recieved at SAI and when it is ready to be loaded on a truck? (My 08 SGT was delivered to SAI on Friday)

I know there a lot of variables in this equation, but in general are we looking at 4 - 6 weeks or 4 to 6 months?

Thanks

I don't know what the time frame is now, but I would assume it is going a lot quicker than the 07 went now that they have been up and running for some time. Especially with only 2300 for 08 and they had almost 6000 for 07 to build.

According to my dealer, my '08 was signed-for at SAI on Sep 14. As of last week it will be 4-6 weeks until he gets it.

I'm new to this forum and have been trying to learn the ins and outs. The members are quite knowledgeable from what I've read. Lots of good info out there. Still haven't figured out how to access what is available from SAI besides the initial upgrade. Dealer isn't much help in that respect.

I even talked to a dealer last week that insisted the '08 was available in black and white and only the 'vert was blue! He also said he could get me one within 24 hours. I know, all it takes is money.

I'm 71 years old but my pulse still jumped another 30bpm when I saw those e-bay photos.

According to my dealer, my '08 was signed-for at SAI on Sep 14. As of last week it will be 4-6 weeks until he gets it.

I'm new to this forum and have been trying to learn the ins and outs. The members are quite knowledgeable from what I've read. Lots of good info out there. Still haven't figured out how to access what is available from SAI besides the initial upgrade. Dealer isn't much help in that respect.

I even talked to a dealer last week that insisted the '08 was available in black and white and only the 'vert was blue! He also said he could get me one within 24 hours. I know, all it takes is money.

I'm 71 years old but my pulse still jumped another 30bpm when I saw those e-bay photos.

if you want to do other mods get in touch with Bud or John at SAI. dont let the car get shipped before you do this.

here are there emails

budm@shelbyautos.com

johnw@shelbyautos.com

i hope this helps, they can tell you everything that can be done to the car.

michael morris

Here's the SAI list of available mods:

Paxton S/C (satin) $6195

Paxton S/C (polished) $6395

Whipple FRPP S/C $7480

Whipple FRPP S/C (polished) $7850

Shelby/Baer big brakes $2400

Shelby/Baer Extreme brakes $4200

20" Shelby Razors w/tires $2175

Shelby brake duct kit $499

Shelby gauges (w/S/C) $1087

Shelby gauges (non S/C) $980

Lower grille w/driving lights $425

Sequential tail lights $249

GT spoiler $499

Billet fluid caps $310

C/S grille w/driving lights $575

GT-H/CS hood $1599

Strawman...Thanks for the list of mods...this will help me make decisions as to what I can afford.

I PM'd Bud last night, he replied that it takes 4 to 6 weeks without any modifications. I am thinking that I may as well get the mods I want. It will be difficult to drive the car in the snow anyway, so I may as well wait and get what I want.

Strawman...Thanks for the list of mods...this will help me make decisions as to what I can afford.

I PM'd Bud last night, he replied that it takes 4 to 6 weeks without any modifications. I am thinking that I may as well get the mods I want. It will be difficult to drive the car in the snow anyway, so I may as well wait and get what I want.

Very nice! Congratulations. Check out the Shelby Performance Parts web site for avalible options also. And don't forget there are many wheel choices to go along with the big brake kits.

Here's the SAI list of available mods:

Paxton S/C (satin) $6195

Paxton S/C (polished) $6395

Whipple FRPP S/C $7480

Whipple FRPP S/C (polished) $7850

Shelby/Baer big brakes $2400

Shelby/Baer Extreme brakes $4200

20" Shelby Razors w/tires $2175

Shelby brake duct kit $499

Shelby gauges (w/S/C) $1087

Shelby gauges (non S/C) $980

Lower grille w/driving lights $425

Sequential tail lights $249

GT spoiler $499

Billet fluid caps $310

C/S grille w/driving lights $575

GT-H/CS hood $1599

Strawman, thanks for the list. Where can I see a photo of the lower grille w/lights?

if you want to do other mods get in touch with Bud or John at SAI. dont let the car get shipped before you do this.

here are there emails

budm@shelbyautos.com

johnw@shelbyautos.com

i hope this helps, they can tell you everything that can be done to the car.

michael morris

Thanks for the info. I'll probably be sorry but I don't think I have the patience to have the delivery delayed by mods. Thanks again.

Don

Archived