TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad day for a Shelby GT.

stormeaston

Every Monday we go to a car auction here in central Wisconsin, along with our Title company I run a small used car lot with my nephew. A local Ford dealer closed up and his remaining inventory was on the auction block, schedualed for next Monday. Well, sure as hell there's a Shelby GT there, black, I think the CSM was #2653 but I'm not sure, anyway, everybody was taking the car for a "joy ride". All the hillbillys and woodticks figured this is there chance to drive one, they were doing burn outs, beating the crap out of it..it was terrible to watch, a total disrespect for the car and other peoples property. My wife and I finally got to the car and yanked the keys, but it was too late........the car was a mess and had a healthy dent in the drivers door, all the paperwork was gone, the manual, the radio knobs??????????, mud all over the inside where they all piled in for a ride. It almost made me cry. We took the keys in and told the manager he needs to supervise the lot alittle better before somebody smashes it up. He agreed that he should have stopped it a little sooner but the policy is to let the bidders drive the vehicles before they buy. Hey, its only got 53 miles on it what the hell could be wrong. I'll be there next Monday.........my wife said it would be kool if we had matching Shelbys. B)

Every Monday we go to a car auction here in central Wisconsin, along with our Title company I run a small used car lot with my nephew. A local Ford dealer closed up and his remaining inventory was on the auction block, schedualed for next Monday. Well, sure as hell there's a Shelby GT there, black, I think the CSM was #2653 but I'm not sure, anyway, everybody was taking the car for a "joy ride". All the hillbillys and woodticks figured this is there chance to drive one, they were doing burn outs, beating the crap out of it..it was terrible to watch, a total disrespect for the car and other peoples property. My wife and I finally got to the car and yanked the keys, but it was too late........the car was a mess and had a healthy dent in the drivers door, all the paperwork was gone, the manual, the radio knobs??????????, mud all over the inside where they all piled in for a ride. It almost made me cry. We took the keys in and told the manager he needs to supervise the lot alittle better before somebody smashes it up. He agreed that he should have stopped it a little sooner but the policy is to let the bidders drive the vehicles before they buy. Hey, its only got 53 miles on it what the hell could be wrong. I'll be there next Monday.........my wife said it would be kool if we had matching Shelbys. B)

if you can do it............. :unsure:

Please save the car.............. :)

if you can do it............. :unsure:

Please save the car.............. :)

That's the plan!

WI? Why were you not at the end of Summer SGT party! I'm only just over the WI border. You better be planning on attending the "Spring Fling"! <_<

I didn't know about the end of summer one, but I'll sure be there in the spring! when is it?

save it, kidnap it, anything you have to do to keep this from ever happening to it again!!! Unbelievable that people would treat an SGT that way..........that's what the GT-H's are for!!! :D :D :D

Best of luck in getting it bought-keep us posted. Where is Foggy Bog, WI anyway?

that would be kool let me know how it turns out !!!!! :D

UPDATE............ The car went for 35k, I don't know which dealer bought it, there was about 100 people around when it went on the block. 35k was more than more then I was going to spend.

35K for a car that hadnt been beat is one hting but for one that was riden the way you described is crazy. Sounds like you made a good decision :)

No kidding, I was kinda shocked on how much it went for. They cleaned it up pretty good, all except for the door ding.

No kidding, I was kinda shocked on how much it went for. They cleaned it up pretty good, all except for the door ding.

I have a brand new one on the showroom floor you can have for $500 over invoice which is $37,700

This is exactly what I paid for this. Bought it from another dealer at invoice plus paid $500 to ship it to keep miles off it.

It is number 1160

9755010.jpg

975509.jpg

975508.jpg

975507.jpg

975506.jpg

975505.jpg

975503.jpg

975504.jpg

97550.jpg

975502.jpg

Archived