TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JOHN AND AMY. FAUX GAS CAP EMBLEM PART 2

69dejavue

AMY, welcome back from vacation. There has been a thread, 15 pages long, with constant bickering re the faux gas cap emblem. Many people want an emblem to distinguish their vehicle from "Just another Mustang". I have asked those that want an emblem to comment and those that do not to not participate as we do not need the attacks. Those that want the emblem will buy it. Those that do not want the emblem will not buy it.

The suggestions are:

1) The CS Shelby Emblem

2) The Mustang Emblem

3) GT, or possibly a vertical GT emblem

4) SGT Emblem

5) SAI Emblem-

The SAI emblem would be unique as the SGT, to my knowledge, would be the first vehicle produced under the SAI banner. But, we have a lot of suggestions and now we are asking you, John and Amy, to take an active participation in this issue. Again, the attack ads are over and respondents will keep this thread positive. IF SAI builds the emblem(s) we will buy. Ms. Boylan, you know that is what market research and development is all about. Find a need for a product and build it before someone else does. And you know that Shelby owners spend money on their vehicles. Please help and guide this project and this discussion from this point. Please monitor this thread and keep us posted. Thank you 07SGT

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go with the CS or The SGT emblem, heck I'd probably buy whatever they decided on but one of those two would be my choice. :D

The one from Tampa Bay Shelby is the cap that comes in the Shelby CS 6 or 8 kit. It wouldn't be unique to the Shelby GT. Also, I don't think the cap needs to have Shelby on it. That is written pretty clearly about 8" higher. As far as the Cobra, Shelby and GT350s. The '60s GT350s did have the Cobra symbol on them in fact it was very similar to the ones that Amy and Bud use in their current day Avatar.

My vote, the current SAI snake emblem used on the Shelby Performance Parts engine caps, hub caps, and arm rest cover with GT in it as opposed to Shelby.

The one from Tampa Bay Shelby is the cap that comes in the Shelby CS 6 or 8 kit. It wouldn't be unique to the Shelby GT. Also, I don't think the cap needs to have Shelby on it. That is written pretty clearly about 8" higher. As far as the Cobra, Shelby and GT350s. The '60s GT350s did have the Cobra symbol on them in fact it was very similar to the ones that Amy and Bud use in their current day Avatar.

My vote, the current SAI snake emblem used on the Shelby Performance Parts engine caps, hub caps, and arm rest cover with GT in it as opposed to Shelby.

Yeah,What he said sounds better than my original idea,I'll go with that!

I'll second that one-great idea socal

Actually you would be #4 to like that,Which means that his idea is gaining steam fast!!

Can someone that is graphically skilled design a cobra emblem with GT in the center for our viewing?

Isn't it great when only the positive comments are made and we can all work together for a common good!

I think its a little big for our cars. :D

Personally, IM not a big fan of the Bar & Pony emblem and have even thought of taking it off the front grille.

LOL, yes it is a bit large!

I don't know, I've had comments on my car, and most tend to like the bar and pony emblem because it reflects the heritage - sentimental i guess.

I cut and pasted this design on a picture of my Shelby and it looked good with the white - (on black it stands out to much) - perhaps the white areas could be chromed or satin finished. Maybe utilize elements of the old GT350 gas cap logo, without the snake.

LOL, yes it is a bit large!

I don't know, I've had comments on my car, and most tend to like the bar and pony emblem because it reflects the heritage - sentimental i guess.

I cut and pasted this design on a picture of my Shelby and it looked good with the white - (on black it stands out to much) - perhaps the white areas could be chromed or satin finished. Maybe utilize elements of the old GT350 gas cap logo, without the snake.

I like the tri-bar pony on the grille, like it on the wheels, but it's on the gas cap of a v-6. I think we need something distinctive-our cars are special, they're Shelbys. This shouldn't be arun-of-the-mill gas cap-it need's to be special like the cars. I agree that the cap doesn't necessarily need to say Shelby since the decklid does. I'm not at the photoshop, so I won't even attempt-but what about expanding Socal's idea with the new look Shelby snake---says Shelby without printing the word on there---- with either GT or Shelby GT across it, a small "cs emblem" below it and instead of just FORD ringing the bottom, how about "powered by FORD" ringing the outside. Have the ring chrome as it is and make the center black with silver (would contrast the best with both color cars)

I like the tri-bar pony on the grille, like it on the wheels, but it's on the gas cap of a v-6. I think we need something distinctive-our cars are special, they're Shelbys. This shouldn't be arun-of-the-mill gas cap-it need's to be special like the cars. I agree that the cap doesn't necessarily need to say Shelby since the decklid does. I'm not at the photoshop, so I won't even attempt-but what about expanding Socal's idea with the new look Shelby snake---says Shelby without printing the word on there---- with either GT or Shelby GT across it, a small "cs emblem" below it and instead of just FORD ringing the bottom, how about "powered by FORD" ringing the outside. Have the ring chrome as it is and make the center black with silver (would contrast the best with both color cars)

Sounds good to me.

Better than the other suggestions (so far)!

Just had a vision and throwing out the idea. I know the words "Shelby" has pretty much been shot down, but how about CS's signature written at an angle in the center with maybe the bar n pony at the top and "2007 Shelby GT" written small at the bottom wrapping around the bottom of the cap. A unique badge for each year maybe. And maybe a special badge for the SC models and for the NorCal edition.

I think it would deffinately look better then the "3" for the Roush stage 3. At least people wouldn't think were Dale Earnhardt fans.

Guys, thanks for all of the input (the good, the bad AND the ugly)

We have the gas cap emblem done. Last week I had the prototype in hand. It is back now to get a couple more tweaks before we mass produce it. I wish that I had taken a picture of it. I did not. If it comes back to my hands, I will get a picture of it and show it to you guys. All I can say............it is nice......... ;)

-John

We have the gas cap emblem done. Last week I had the prototype in hand. It is back now to get a couple more tweaks before we mass produce it. I wish that I had taken a picture of it. I did not. If it comes back to my hands, I will get a picture of it and show it to you guys. All I can say............it is nice......... ;)

-John

Thanks John I can't wait to see it , I'm sure it will be a hit .

Thanks John I can't wait to see it , I'm sure it will be a hit .

If John says it is nice it must be. I think Amy had mentioned staying away from the Cobra name and that is because, to my knowledge, Caroll does not own the rights to that name anymore as it was sold to Ford.

I like the Pony emblem with the Shelby GT. Good design work and original. I like SAI as that is who made our cars a reality. I am sure I will like, and purchase, whatever John and crew have designed.

Most importantly we should all be proud for working together in a positive fashion and without going negative. A lot of good ideas and teamwork.

Thanks to all, and thanks to John, Amy and SAI ! 07SGT

-John

If you need to put it on a car for the picture there is a Black Shelby GT #2732 somewhere around there you can test fit it on.

:blink:

I look forward to seeing it and buying one for my car. :)

Keep in mind the "Tiffany Cobra" on the current GT500 and older SVT Cobras is different then the current SAI logo I am speaking of.

If John says it's done then all we have to do is wait and then decide if we want to pay for it individually. Personally, I hope they do not make it to busy. It should be clean and easily recognizable from four car lengths behind me. I don't want somebody crowding my bumper trying to figure out the design.

If you need to put it on a car for the picture there is a Black Shelby GT #2732 somewhere around there you can test fit it on.

:blink:

I look forward to seeing it and buying one for my car. :)

Hey SAI-throw it on Milstang's car and post a pic, then leave it for him!! :D

I was thinking today when i was at work and i came up with an idea!!!!!!!!!

some of you had said to put CS and a few came up with the idea that people would think CS (california special) so how about the same like we got with the GT in the middle of the cap and Carroll Shelby autograph faded diagonal through it , like transparent ??????????

Archived