TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JOHN AND AMY. FAUX GAS CAP EMBLEM PART 2

69dejavue

I installed this mod prior to joining up here, and I still like the clean look, and overall presentation. Peek here, in the Shelby Parts Catalogue.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/SQLC...arge/100436.jpg

It's a stamped brush aluminum cover for the OEM that attaches with 3M tape. The finish matches the silver LeMans stripe, and thanks to the chrome "Shelby" lettering above, my message is clear to those following me. "This is a Shelby GT...Period".

Give it some thought. Not that expensive, and available right now.

Happy motoring!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed this mod prior to joining up here, and I still like the clean look, and overall presentation. Peek here, in the Shelby Parts Catalogue.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/SQLC...arge/100436.jpg

It's a stamped brush aluminum cover for the OEM that attaches with 3M tape. The finish matches the silver LeMans stripe, and thanks to the chrome "Shelby" lettering above, my message is clear to those following me. "This is a Shelby GT...Period".

Give it some thought. Not that expensive, and available right now.

Happy motoring!

yeah i thought about and sorry i dont like it ...i hate to say but if that or matt's, ill have to take matt's

.....................i cant believe i said that.................................

Ok, if not that what about the logo from the floormatts? Silver Bars and Carroll's signature in sliver back background? That way tif you buy the matts you match.

not too bad Matt.....but i do like the CS6's :(((((

I dont like the one in the catalog above...

sue unfortunatly this is exclusive to the csx 6 and csx8,this was checked in to but it was a no go

the CS would be nice with a blue backround and carroll signiture

The Cap must be "black" & "silver" as the black & silver goes with the "white" & "silver" cars and black & silver cars. The "blue" would only go with the white car. Please consider a black and silver cap. B)

Ok, if not that what about the logo from the floormatts? Silver Bars and Carroll's signature in sliver back background? That way tif you buy the matts you match.

Something like MattC has would go with both cars. I think we are on the right track+++

Dmag, when you reply click on "Add reply" instead of "Fast Reply" and it will bring up a list of smilies on the left side of the screen. You just click on one of those and viola it is on your message. Now about that agreeing with Matt stuff!! ;)

I am not picky, but I would like something exclusive to S-GT owners. I also have the ford racing cobra gas cap, only because I can't stand the GT gas cap. But I don't want the cobra on my car either since it is not a cobra, but for now it is in my opinion it is the best thing available on the market. I do thank SAI for taking the time to develop something for us all and look forward to the final design.

I am not picky, but I would like something exclusive to S-GT owners. I also have the ford racing cobra gas cap, only because I can't stand the GT gas cap. But I don't want the cobra on my car either since it is not a cobra, but for now it is in my opinion it is the best thing available on the market. I do thank SAI for taking the time to develop something for us all and look forward to the final design.

ANY TRICKS TO GETTING THE OLD ONE OFF.

ANY TRICKS TO GETTING THE OLD ONE OFF.

a butter knife works, carfully

On the cap, how about you guys show me what you want, give me a couple of ideas to look at

A

i have always been fond of the origional shelby logo that was on the hood medalion of the ac cobras: gt.jpg I know a lot of you dont want the snake on our cars, but caroll must have loved the logo. my other reccomendation would be a the simple cs logo. oh by the way the snake logo of course would not say COBRA imo i think it sould read SGT, or just gt. people used to see this logo and they knew exactly what it was, a shelby

Here are some of the original ideas Amy. We took a poll in July this should give you a starting point.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...ic=1656&hl=poll

There are also some very good ideas in part 1 thread from May, especially post #62 :lol:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...1283&hl=gas+cap

i have always been fond of the origional shelby logo that was on the hood medalion of the ac cobras: gt.jpg I know a lot of you dont want the snake on our cars, but caroll must have loved the logo. my other reccomendation would be a the simple cs logo. oh by the way the snake logo of course would not say COBRA imo i think it sould read SGT, or just gt. people used to see this logo and they knew exactly what it was, a shelby

I totally like that symbol and it adds some nice color as well. :)

Guys, your amazing....forgotten, you ask we try to please you wanted a gas cap, it's not like we promised one with the car, this is extra. you dont like the one the team came up with, lets discuss it.

How about we have a dialog on why it doesn't work for you, the you forgot us, you are on other things, you don't love us, is getting to me....

I will talk to the team Monday and discuss this. Maybe the issue is as simple as I have to buy a 1000 units and I only made 8300 cars....

John, send me all the artwork, lets discuss

A

Thnx for the respond back Amy !!!

i think alot of it has to do with the fact that everyone was expecting a SGT cap so we could be different like everyone else , and not having the same as the GT owners , not so much that we didnt like the one you guy's made but that if everyone can get them then we still dont have a special cap like everyone else for their cars . IMO any design with SGT , Shelby , signature, ect. would be nice its more of the fact thats it a Shelby cap for our baby's !!!!

Here are some of the original ideas Amy. We took a poll in July this should give you a starting point.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...ic=1656&hl=poll

There are also some very good ideas in part 1 thread from May, especially post #62 :lol:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...1283&hl=gas+cap

I think we should collect all of the images and ideas in one place and have another poll. In the original poll the black CS logo with carroll signature won easily. It is not Shelby GT specific, which is what I percieve most want now. There are a lot more of us now than when the first poll was taken so the collective opinion may be different now.

I believe that a black CS Logo w/signature is already available from somewhere??? Here are the original entries in the poll.

GasCaps-2.jpg

**Sorry Ross. I duplicatated a lot of what you posted in the other thread. I didn't see it until after I posted.

First I believe it is more about wanting a cap that is exclusive to the Shelby GT.

However, is my poor rendering done on paintbrush since I don't have all the fancy programs.

cap1.jpg

That would be SWEEEEEET!Amy?

I did a little research and I'm pretty sure the tiffany snake is out,But I'm thinking that the new Shelby Snake like in Socals kick ass design is a good choice if we want a snake!To me his rendition is perfect!You got snake,You got GT,And no Shelby as it is displayed above the cap already!

Archived