TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JOHN AND AMY. FAUX GAS CAP EMBLEM PART 2

69dejavue

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am disappointed and will pass if it is not Shelby GT specific. The whole point of the request over 6 months ago is that the Shelby GT in the only special edition Mustang that doesn't have a specific cap. You guys even came up with something for the Terilingua. Come on.

The CS logo in supercharged and non supercharger. Sounding pretty similar to the CS6 cap. Oh wait no that is specific to that package. So the cap is going to say CS just like the California Special that we already share body pieces with. I am hugely disappointed. Sorry to say.

+1.

SEMA week and you guys are worried about the Gas Cap thingy? Sheesh!

just kidding.

The cap will not be exclusive to the S-GT.

It will be available to the masses.

It will be available in 2 options. S/C and non S/C.

It is simply our CS logo.

-John

no rivits involved.

im too disapointed, i thought we had something special, not just another run of the mill mustang I HOPE YOU RECONSIDER THIS , OTHERWISE I WANT GT/SC STRIPES EVEN THOUGH I DONT HAVE A SUPERSHARGED ONE

SEMA week and you guys are worried about the Gas Cap thingy? Sheesh!

just kidding.

The cap will not be exclusive to the S-GT.

It will be available to the masses.

It will be available in 2 options. S/C and non S/C.

It is simply our CS logo.

-John

no rivits involved.

im too disapointed, i thought we had something special, not just another run of the mill mustang I HOPE YOU RECONSIDER THIS , OTHERWISE I WANT GT/SC STRIPES EVEN THOUGH I DONT HAVE A SUPERSHARGED ONE

+1 again. $40K++ and no gas cap for a "real" frig'n Shelby!

I'm so glad I don't work at SAI. Between the hood scoop complaints, the forum going away complaints, the gas cap complaints, etc...I couldn't take it. I understand these are often legitimate gripes, but personally I would quickly tire of reading this day in and day out. I would be tempted to stop visiting, or just shut down the forum or merge it with another forum...hey, there's an idea. :D

I'm so glad I don't work at SAI. Between the hood scoop complaints, the forum going away complaints, the gas cap complaints, etc...I couldn't take it. I understand these are often legitimate gripes, but personally I would quickly tire of reading this day in and day out. I would be tempted to stop visiting, or just shut down the forum or merge it with another forum...hey, there's an idea. :D

Master AFBlue- Do not judge another indian until you have walked a mile in his mocasins- :lol:

PS: +1

did you ever wait for something and then it was her it was a big blow ...well thats how i think everyone feels on the cap

For a $40K car it really should have some exclusivity- I mean it is the first production car Shelby has put out in 40 years! An exclusive gas cap just is a simple issue, lets get it done-

I am disappointed and will pass if it is not Shelby GT specific. The whole point of the request over 6 months ago is that the Shelby GT in the only special edition Mustang that doesn't have a specific cap. You guys even came up with something for the Terilingua. Come on.

The CS logo in supercharged and non supercharger. Sounding pretty similar to the CS6 cap. Oh wait no that is specific to that package. So the cap is going to say CS just like the California Special that we already share body pieces with. I am hugely disappointed. Sorry to say.

+1 I need a break from here...too much negative news. Somehow I thought it would be exclusive...silly me. John you are the best, and I know you are trying (thank you), but I think you missed the reason why we asked for a gas cap in the first place. I know...you can't just sell 100 of them and make any $$$. It's business. We can't compare to the Terilingua...that car has an exclusive gas cap build into the price. But how much would it really cost if you only made 100? 200? A minor change....just enough to make it exclusive???

I'm just glad I don't care at all about changing my fake gas cap!! :lol: But for you guys that do, I understand your frustrations.

For a $40K car it really should have some exclusivity- I mean it is the first production car Shelby has put out in 40 years! An exclusive gas cap just is a simple issue, lets get it done-

Im not at all saying I disagree with you and $40K is quite a bit of money in my book. But, with all the cars Shelby sells and all the licensing they have done lately Im not at all suprised we have been all but forgotten. They have the new car, that darn $70K boat, the GT500 they arnt touching, the GT500KR, Supersnake, the CSX4000, CSX7000, CSX8000 licensing agreements and what about all the other CS6 and CS8's they have done. B)

so wait a minute i gotta ????? :rolleyes:

we were told that they were in the prosses of making a special cap for us since we didnt have one and GT500 , gt , roush , saleen , and everyone else under the sun has thier own . even asked for ideas , went on for along time then said its final they made their minds up and we have to wait . then the prototype is made and more comments were posted on you guys are really gonna like it , we'll try to get a pick if we come across it again ! to then tell us The cap will not be exclusive to the S-GT.

It will be available to the masses, It will be available in 2 options. S/C and non S/C and that it is simply our cs logo ??? what happed to the whole thing ????

should have just put "team shelby" on it and made it available to the masses like the forum is gonna be !!!!

that way everyone with their toyota's and honda's can not only post to talk smack and mess up our Family forum but they to can have a cap on their car !!!! nice !!!!!!!! maybe you guys should offer them the cs badges also so we can all be trully united!!!! :D

Guys, your amazing....forgotten, you ask we try to please you wanted a gas cap, it's not like we promised one with the car, this is extra. you dont like the one the team came up with, lets discuss it.

How about we have a dialog on why it doesn't work for you, the you forgot us, you are on other things, you don't love us, is getting to me....

I will talk to the team Monday and discuss this. Maybe the issue is as simple as I have to buy a 1000 units and I only made 8300 cars....

John, send me all the artwork, lets discuss

A

Guys, your amazing....forgotten, you ask we try to please you wanted a gas cap, it's not like we promised one with the car, this is extra. you dont like the one the team came up with, lets discuss it.

How about we have a dialog on why it doesn't work for you, the you forgot us, you are on other things, you don't love us, is getting to me....

I will talk to the team Monday and discuss this. Maybe the issue is as simple as I have to buy a 1000 units and I only made 8300 cars....

A

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1283&st=280

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1840&st=0

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1656&hl=

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1531&hl=

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1093&hl=

I think, they think they have discussed it.

And before I am accused of being a smart a*s or having an attitude let me dispel that. I am just stating my opinion of the group involved feelings.

A

Amy if were worried that you have to buy a 1000 units and there wont be enough takers, then lets set a counter and see how many people want them, im sure we will get a 1000 if its exclusive to the she;by gt

i guess the rant and rave is 1. we still didnt see the cap

2 youve ask us for are opinion and we all got together and came up with ideas

3. were not complaining. ohh yes we are sorry ) it that this is the first car that shelby built in 40 years and i think it should be special

thanks for listening

A

Amy,

I have pictures of the ones Steve from Tampa Bay Shelby makes for the CS6's. Persnonally I love them . I have pictures if you want, or they are on these threads. or wait...click here :

2407335670092274605KQhdrf_th.jpg

The first few pictures of this album are the gas caps on the cars from Tampa Bay Shelby.

Thanks,

Sue

Amy,

I have pictures of the ones Steve from Tampa Bay Shelby makes for the CS6's. Persnonally I love them . I have pictures if you want, or they are on these threads. or wait...click here :

2407335670092274605KQhdrf_th.jpg

The first few pictures of this album are the gas caps on the cars from Tampa Bay Shelby.

Thanks,

Sue

sue unfortunatly this is exclusive to the csx 6 and csx8,this was checked in to but it was a no go

the CS would be nice with a blue backround and carroll signiture

sue unfortunatly this is exclusive to the csx 6 and csx8,this was checked in to but it was a no go

the CS would be nice with a blue backround and carroll signiture

Ok, if not that what about the logo from the floormatts? Silver Bars and Carroll's signature in sliver back background? That way tif you buy the matts you match.

Archived