TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JOHN AND AMY. FAUX GAS CAP EMBLEM PART 2

69dejavue

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind the "Tiffany Cobra" on the current GT500 and older SVT Cobras is different then the current SAI logo I am speaking of.

If John says it's done then all we have to do is wait and then decide if we want to pay for it individually. Personally, I hope they do not make it to busy. It should be clean and easily recognizable from four car lengths behind me. I don't want somebody crowding my bumper trying to figure out the design.

PLEASE NO SNAKES! :huh:

I just have to say how great and rare and wonderful it is to be involved with a special new car and the SPECIAL people who build it and have passion for it.

When is the last time any of you even heard of a small group of owners pitching ideas to a CAR COMPANY for changes and accessories and the like....AND HAVE THEIR IDEAS LISTENED TO AND FOLLOWED UP ON.

Thanks SAI, you could choose to ignore us and just go about your business, but you dont and that matters.

To me anyway....thanks.

I just have to say how great and rare and wonderful it is to be involved with a special new car and the SPECIAL people who build it and have passion for it.

When is the last time any of you even heard of a small group of owners pitching ideas to a CAR COMPANY for changes and accessories and the like....AND HAVE THEIR IDEAS LISTENED TO AND FOLLOWED UP ON.

Thanks SAI, you could choose to ignore us and just go about your business, but you dont and that matters.

To me anyway....thanks.

A lot of special in there, I was looking around for Jerry Lewis :D

Guys, thanks for all of the input (the good, the bad AND the ugly)

We have the gas cap emblem done. Last week I had the prototype in hand. It is back now to get a couple more tweaks before we mass produce it. I wish that I had taken a picture of it. I did not. If it comes back to my hands, I will get a picture of it and show it to you guys. All I can say............it is nice......... ;)

-John

I like this one.

John, as you know, Vicky has my credit card #. I'll take the first one if I can. Just send it on with the rest of the stuff.

I like the tri-bar pony on the grille, like it on the wheels, but it's on the gas cap of a v-6. I think we need something distinctive-our cars are special, they're Shelbys. This shouldn't be arun-of-the-mill gas cap-it need's to be special like the cars. I agree that the cap doesn't necessarily need to say Shelby since the decklid does. I'm not at the photoshop, so I won't even attempt-but what about expanding Socal's idea with the new look Shelby snake---says Shelby without printing the word on there---- with either GT or Shelby GT across it, a small "cs emblem" below it and instead of just FORD ringing the bottom, how about "powered by FORD" ringing the outside. Have the ring chrome as it is and make the center black with silver (would contrast the best with both color cars)

Let's not forget that on the GTH SAI removes the GT cap, or Ford does, and replaces it with the V6 Pony cap.

Just sayin'... <_<

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA thats tooooooo funny!!!!!!! I'm just hoping the stripe lines up!!!! J/K LMAO!!!!!!! :P

Bud

You can't pay for this kind of entertainment. Great sense of humor!!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA thats tooooooo funny!!!!!!! I'm just hoping the stripe lines up!!!! J/K LMAO!!!!!!! :P

Bud

You can't pay for this kind of entertainment. Great sense of humor!!!!

PLEASE NO SNAKES! :huh:

.....hmmm, interesting coming from somebody who has a snake in his avatar. :P

Let's not forget that on the GTH SAI removes the GT cap, or Ford does, and replaces it with the V6 Pony cap.

Just sayin'... <_<

...yep, i believe I mentioned, a long time ago, a tribar pony design with "GT" in the background. That matches the grill, hub caps and steering wheel. Not my first choice but I would buy it.

...yep, i believe I mentioned, a long time ago, a tribar pony design with "GT" in the background. That matches the grill, hub caps and steering wheel. Not my first choice but I would buy it.

Don't think it is enough for me. Does not match to Shelby branding. Just my .02. I believe it will be something we all will like though.

LMAO, I am sure that is exactly what the are doing. :P

LOL !!!!!!!! B)

Guys, thanks for all of the input (the good, the bad AND the ugly)

We have the gas cap emblem done. Last week I had the prototype in hand. It is back now to get a couple more tweaks before we mass produce it. I wish that I had taken a picture of it. I did not. If it comes back to my hands, I will get a picture of it and show it to you guys. All I can say............it is nice......... ;)

-John

Hey john cant you go put it back in your hands now and get a pic ???????? LOL !!!! :D

That was my old Avatar I carried over from the SVTPerformance site when I had a 95 Cobra R. Very deserving of the Snake. There were Snakes all over that car.

But you won't find ANY snakes on #5322 Maybe in it but not on it :P

Getting beyond the to snake or not to snake issue....

Is the new cap that IS coming going to be Shelby GT specific? If so will it only be available to Shelby GT owners and how will SAI accomplish that? If not Shelby GT specific and simply an aftermarket cap from Shelby, design dependent will you still buy it?

Getting beyond the to snake or not to snake issue....

Is the new cap that IS coming going to be Shelby GT specific? If so will it only be available to Shelby GT owners and how will SAI accomplish that? If not Shelby GT specific and simply an aftermarket cap from Shelby, design dependent will you still buy it?

"

O.K guys cant anybody get a pic of this," Im dying over here".

SEMA week and you guys are worried about the Gas Cap thingy? Sheesh!

just kidding.

The cap will not be exclusive to the S-GT.

It will be available to the masses.

It will be available in 2 options. S/C and non S/C.

It is simply our CS logo.

-John

no rivits involved.

just kidding.

-John

no rivits involved.

Sounds good to me! Can't wait to see it John.

just kidding.

-John

no rivits involved.

Hi John- It should be exclusive to the SGT. I mean this is the first production car Shelby has put out in 40 years and no exclusivity? I just don't think it was the right awswer, but you call the shots and we'll always buy your products. But keep in mind the SGT is the entry level car that Shelby so wanted and it should have MORE exclusivity than it does. When all is said and done this car will keep Shelby going because of the price, so more time should be spent on it's small things just to give the buyer something no one else can clone- B)

PS: I'll double your "sheesh"!

just kidding.

-John

no rivits involved.

I am disappointed and will pass if it is not Shelby GT specific. The whole point of the request over 6 months ago is that the Shelby GT in the only special edition Mustang that doesn't have a specific cap. You guys even came up with something for the Terilingua. Come on.

The CS logo in supercharged and non supercharger. Sounding pretty similar to the CS6 cap. Oh wait no that is specific to that package. So the cap is going to say CS just like the California Special that we already share body pieces with. I am hugely disappointed. Sorry to say.

just kidding.

-John

no rivits involved.

Thank you very much sir! That is the power of the brand. Sign me up for an SC! Adam can have #2! :P :P

Archived