TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tape Stripes Lifting

clark17357

With all the pain that some of you have gone through with the stripes, I amost hesitate to ask this question because it is so minor. The stripe that goes across the trunk lid wraps into the trunk a bit (not enough for my way of thinking). It is starting to come unglued just a bit (nothing you can see on the outside). What have the rest of you used to glue back such minor items? Thanks in advance. Jim

With all the pain that some of you have gone through with the stripes, I amost hesitate to ask this question because it is so minor. The stripe that goes across the trunk lid wraps into the trunk a bit (not enough for my way of thinking). It is starting to come unglued just a bit (nothing you can see on the outside). What have the rest of you used to glue back such minor items? Thanks in advance. Jim

Quick..pull all the trim/badging/emblems off the car, remove headlight, tailight asssemblies and bumper-covers. Remove hood liner, unbolt hood scoop and lift scoop off hood. Using citrus based cleaner, pull all stripes off car and remove all adhesive residue from paint. Then wait 5-6 months for dealer ( mine) to stop procrasturbating and get new stripes put on.

just my 2 cents worth of r & r this am

Quick..pull all the trim/badging/emblems off the car, remove headlight, tailight asssemblies and bumper-covers. Remove hood liner, unbolt hood scoop and lift scoop off hood. Using citrus based cleaner, pull all stripes off car and remove all adhesive residue from paint. Then wait 5-6 months for dealer ( mine) to stop procrasturbating and get new stripes put on.

just my 2 cents worth of r & r this am

wow, lol

Okay, in an answer to my own question, which started this topic, I resolved my "lifting tape" issue without resort to any violence directed at my dealer or anyone else. I took a toothpick, put a dab of clear silicone sealer on it, spread it under the tape where it was lifting, applied pressure for a while and, presto, it held fast. Mine was just a small piece but, if it happens to you, give this a shot. Jim

Okay, in an answer to my own question, which started this topic, I resolved my "lifting tape" issue without resort to any violence directed at my dealer or anyone else. I took a toothpick, put a dab of clear silicone sealer on it, spread it under the tape where it was lifting, applied pressure for a while and, presto, it held fast. Mine was just a small piece but, if it happens to you, give this a shot. Jim

Good info I have a corner lifting on my rear bumper, I'll give this a try.

Archived