TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spoiler From the SAI Mod Shop

clark17357

I am contemplating the spoiler from the Mod Shop. What I do not know for sure is what it looks like. Has anyone had it put on their car? If so, can you post photos? I heard it was the GT500 spoiler. Then I heard it was the stock (ugh!) Mustang GT spoiler. I'm so confused. A little help, please. Jim

Jim buy a Roush wing IMO it looks alot better on the SGT than the GT500 wing. Chris

I disagree 100%. Keep the car ALL SHELBY and install a GT500 spoiler, if you want one. I did and with the 20" chrome razors the thing looks incredible and you don't have a mismatched car. All SHELBY all the time. :D

I disagree 100%. Keep the car ALL SHELBY and install a GT500 spoiler, if you want one. I did and with the 20" chrome razors the thing looks incredible and you don't have a mismatched car. All SHELBY all the time. :D

CAN You post pic of yours please

I had the GT500 spoiler put on mine and i agree that the stock GT one looks ugly on our Baby's !!! they put one of thoes on my car at first and i told them no i dont like it so they changed it to the wright one i wanted GT500 spoiler!!!!!!!

who did yours, what was the whole process and cost, did you buy it bare bones then body shop finished and installed, how did they match the stripe etc, looks sharp

Everyone . . . we have to stay on task here (he asked politely). What I need to see, brothers and sisters, is what the spoiler that is a SAI add on in the Mod Shop looks like. Anyone with a photo of that I ask that you post it. Thanks.

Jim

Everyone . . . we have to stay on task here (he asked politely). What I need to see, brothers and sisters, is what the spoiler that is a SAI add on in the Mod Shop looks like. Anyone with a photo of that I ask that you post it. Thanks.

Jim

SAI lists the GT spoiler as a mod shop add on their list. Will they also add the GT500 spoiler? Is it the same price as the GT spoiler?

CAN You post pic of yours please

who did yours, what was the whole process and cost, did you buy it bare bones then body shop finished and installed, how did they match the stripe etc, looks sharp

Thnx,

i had my dealer through it in with my purchase of my Shelby , they ordered it from Shelby and when they got it i had to take my car back in for a couple of days they installed , striped,and perma plated it ! the spoiler cost 259.00 here is the link http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...%20Spoiler.aspx

SAI lists the GT spoiler as a mod shop add on their list. Will they also add the GT500 spoiler? Is it the same price as the GT spoiler?

no the GT is a little more than the GT500 "go figure"

yes they will put the GT500 if you specify that is the one u want !!!!!!!!!

Jim

From what i've heard is that the only two are the GT or the GT500 and this is the one i have on mine ! i did put a pic up at the top of last post! :D

Jim

I may be mistaken, but I believe the only spoiler you can get installed by SAI is the stock GT spoiler.

The spoiler SAI is selling and attaching, unless you make special arrangements, is the stock Mustang GT spoiler. If you want to see what that looks like just look at any 05-08 Mustang GT.

If you want that spoiler cheaper, that's been painted at the Ford factory, check out:

http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAc...ROD&ProdID=7808

$99!

I was going to get the GT500 spoiler but have grown quite fond of the clean line and while I do like the way they look, just as much I don't. I joked about a magnetic spoiler...but the more I think about it I'm only 1/2 joking! Until I see one that just makes me go WOW...I'm personally not going to drill.

Jim

It is the stock one just like the GT-Hs.

Wado those wheels look great on your car. At some point later on i was going to put 18x9" dish on mine only in chrome, but i might reconsider now, although i do like some bling.

Oh yea the spoiler looks great also.

While I like the wheels I'm like you and like some bling lol I'm seriously looking at replacing them with these deep dish mag. I'm thinking they look pretty hot but then I'll need some drilled and slotted rotors :)

Thanks, Chris. That one I can live without. Jim

.....there are a handful that have bought GT500 spoilers and added a spoiler kit from SAI to their Shelby GTs. If you care about such things, I believe that will be an accepted modification if it matters years from now.

Everyone seems to worry about drilling holes in their truck and also being a "Purist". I think if I was tempted to intstall a GT 500 spoiler or a stock GT spoiler on my car I would order a new trunk lid with the spoiler already on it. Then 10 years from now I could reinstall my stock trunk if I wanted to. Just my HO.

My feeling is that the cars that bring the big money in the end either have some really interesting history or are like the #1 car or the last car. Selling the rest is like any other car the car that looks best will be easiest to move. In the good old days is was all about the purist but today the hot rods are bringing in as much or more. What did Eleanor bring $200k? Pretty sells exotic sells. Just an opinion of course.

I originally thought I would put a spoiler on mine, but now I thinkk it looks good the way it is. I even purchased a performance white GT spoiler still in the box from a 2007 take-off, I'lll probably hang on to it for awhile unless someone else needs one.

Jim

They will add the stock Mustang GT spoiler only.

I added the GT500 spoiler-so I guess I'm biased also, but I think the Roush spoiler is too busy-it's lines aren't as clean as the GT500 spoiler-so I have to vote for the Shelby spoilers only on the SGT's.

i just like it without a spoiler...

its not a purist thing or drilling holes issue thing... for me it just looks too d@mn good without a spoiler B)

i'm too sexy for my spoiler...too sexy for my spoiler...too sexy ^_^

ditto.

The spoiler is nice, but I just think it looks better without...........

Archived