TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Longer cables for the hood pins!!!

frankieboo69

I was at the ford dealer yesturday and i was looking at thier SGT's they had on the floor , newer # than mine then i noticed that the cables for the hood pin clips were alot longer than mine so i unclipped one and found out that its actually pretty nice because they hang down past the bumper where mine hit on the top , i think that this would help in not putting marks on the bumper or chiping the paint when you open your hood to show off your motor !

did they start making them longer ???? or was this one just cut longer ????

I was at the ford dealer yesturday and i was looking at thier SGT's they had on the floor , newer # than mine then i noticed that the cables for the hood pin clips were alot longer than mine so i unclipped one and found out that its actually pretty nice because they hang down past the bumper where mine hit on the top , i think that this would help in not putting marks on the bumper or chiping the paint when you open your hood to show off your motor !

Next time you get a chance,See if the hood cables are wrapped around the hood pin brackets like yours probably are!If they are not,Thats where the extra length comes from.

I have an '08 and they are longer for sure but, as luck would have it, they (at least mine) are not the same length. I have hood pins in the 60s (that was the only way to keep the outer edges of a fiberglass hood from flapping (okay, flexing) at high speeds. The shorter cables are better, all in all. Score one for the '07s. :) Jim

okay i see what u guys are talking about being wraped ,mine are wraped !

tomarrow i'm gonna stop in at ford again and look to see if they are wraped or not !!!

i also see what you are saying clark17357 that on the other hand the shorter ones wont flap around on your hood when your flying down the freeway !!! :D

is there some way to wrap them to where you can hang them all the way down whan you open your hood and still have them shorter when driving without haveing to take off anything each time ???

When I open the hood, I lay the pins on the radiator cover or drop them down behind the headlights that way they stay out of the way especially at shows where people sometimes get closer then they should. I have even driven with the hood pins tucked away on long freeway drives.

When I open the hood, I lay the pins on the radiator cover or drop them down behind the headlights that way they stay out of the way especially at shows where people sometimes get closer then they should. I have even driven with the hood pins tucked away on long freeway drives.

When I'm at a car show and my hood is up, I hook my hood pins in place as if the hood were closed. That way they won't scratch the bumper, however you gotta remember they are there when you go to close the hood or you'll have a major problem.

Gary

the odd thing ive noticed, is that in pictures, the GT-H's seem to way too much slack on theirs.

I think my SGT is 5003 and the cables are perfect.

I think they are on the same length on the GT-Hs as on our cars. If you have seen one with longer they are probably just not wrapped around the hood pin post.

Once I drove my car with the hood pins tucked away behind the headlights. After the drive when I went to put the hood pins back through the post I thought they somehow wrapped themselves around the post during the drive. I took the radiator cover off and "fixed" the problem. Then I went to a show and was next to an unrented GT-H. The GT-H owner and another Shelby GT owner made the comment that my hood pin cables seemed really long. I looked at the GT-H and discovered the cables are supposed to be wrapped around the post.

48000017.jpg

When I'm at a car show and my hood is up, I hook my hood pins in place as if the hood were closed. That way they won't scratch the bumper, however you gotta remember they are there when you go to close the hood or you'll have a major problem.

Gary

That wouldnt be good at all !!!!!!!!! :( didnt have time today to check out the other ones i saw maybe tomarrow !!!!!!! :D

Archived