TEAM SHELBY FORUM

new owner question?

Kelsey

Hi all! New owner here with a question. Just picked up my Shelby GT two weeks ago and couldn't be any more happy with it...except for the power. I want to get the supercharger upgrade, but I'm not sure how it works since I already have the car. Do I send it back to SAI to get the upgrade or can I do it myself. Also how much does it cost to have SAI do the upgrade? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelsey

Kelsey you can do it yourself or have SAI do it. I am not sure where you live but you can send it to Vegas back to where she was made to have the main plant do it or if you are on the East coast you can send her to Tasca Ford in Cranston Rhode Island. They are an East coast mod shop for SAI now. They are also in the process of announcing a few other mod shops around the country last I knew but I dont know where. I would call SAI...you can find the number on here...and ask for John or Bud. Or PM them. They will give you more specifics. GL and welcome to the boards :)

Kelsey I forgot to mention that we are working on doing a group purchase of a retune from a place called Brenspeed. There is a thread on heer about it with info and details. It is another option for you at a much cheaper cost. Keep in mind of you do an S/C it is highly recommended that you go with the big brake kit to stop this beast. Thats like $3k. And then you need larger wheels because the brakes wont fit with the stock ones. Add another $3k plus. The S/C is at least $5k, depending on which one you get.

Welcome to the Family !!!!!!!! And congrats on the Shelby!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm also gonna get the s/c upgrade from SAI , but as far as i know they are not taking them back for the mod shop yet because they are so backed up right now !!! I'm waiting and that will give me some time to save up some $$$$ in the mean while !!! I was told it's gonna cost around 6,000 , hard to come up with theses car payments and that will give me time to convince the wife!!!! ;)

Thanks for all the info Webba, I live in Fort Smith AR right now till I finish school. I really like the wheels now, do you know if there will be a break kit for the stock wheels? I know I should get the better breaks, but I'll probably do that one myself later and save a little cash..

Thanks,

Kelsey

Welcome to the Family !!!!!!!! And congrats on the Shelby!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm also gonna get the s/c upgrade from SAI , but as far as i know they are not taking them back for the mod shop yet because they are so backed up right now !!! I'm waiting and that will give me some time to save up some $$$$ in the mean while !!! I was told it's gonna cost around 6,000 , hard to come up with theses car payments and that will give me time to convince the wife!!!! ;)

I know what you mean about the payments ;) . Still living at home while I go to school and then convince the parents to let me get the car and not move out instead :P . any idea on how long it will be before they'll start to take em back for some s/c awesomness?

Thanks for all the info Webba, I live in Fort Smith AR right now till I finish school. I really like the wheels now, do you know if there will be a break kit for the stock wheels? I know I should get the better breaks, but I'll probably do that one myself later and save a little cash..

Thanks,

Kelsey

I know what you mean about the payments ;) . Still living at home while I go to school and then convince the parents to let me get the car and not move out instead :P . any idea on how long it will be before they'll start to take em back for some s/c awesomness?

Ive heard that it wont be untill sometime next year , but could be sooner atleast i hope a little sooner! :D

for now you should jump in on the group tuner purchase to get some better responce out of you car like alot of us are doing ! http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=2600

Archived