TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brenspeed Tune Dyno on SGT 507

SGT#507

I've had my new Brenspeed 93 octane tune installed for a week now, and am still loving it. I have been traveling a lot this week and haven't had time to drive it as much as I would like, but I did get a chance to run by the Dyno shop yesterday for a quick pull. Tourquewrench and I had hoped to get together and get to the shop at the same time so he could watch and get his impressions on the Brenspeed tune, but we couldn't get our schedules to hook up.

Below is the link to my Dyno sheet (sorry, it was a PDF file and I couldn't figure out how to post it)--this shows my original Bone Stock Dyno pull from earlier this month with the new tune pull alongside it for comparision purposes.

Overall---not huge HP gains, but I love the way the car drives. You can tell that the biggest differece is that HP and torque spools up quicker from 1750 RPMs--2250 RPMs and then again is higher in the upper ranges starting at 4250 RPMs.

Yes, it looks like there is actually a small drop in HP and torque through the middle of the RPM range. Since the difference is so small, I sure can't feel it when driving and wonder if the fact that the stock dyno run was done in the AM on a fairly cool day and the tuned dyno was done when it was over 90 degrees caused the entire tune dyno run to be down slightly.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/409646/brenspeeddyno

If I do the math right, 280.2 RWHP translates to 329.64705 at the crank. I'm gonna round up to 330.

Hmmmm, you know by the way the SGT acts I would have thought more HP was in that tune! However I am still happy with it as the only other thing I can do is add the SC to the car. You never know I just might do that, if Shelby would consider installing it after the SS & KR jobs are done. They are extremely busy and only God knows if it will happen. Especially with Bud mad at me. Come on Bud I said "sorry"! If it did happen though the car would maintain a strong value as the pedigree would change drastically.

So you gained 5.7 peak rwhp with the Brenspeed tune over stock? (274.5 to 280.2)

I was expecting you to be in upper 280s at minimum. Right now your car is sitting at where most stock SGTs have dynoed (avg about 280 of the other 4 I've previously seen).

Not trying to be negative. I'm just surprised by your results.

I've dynoed vehicles of all types on different dynos, and they are never the same. Every dyno I've ever used varies by a couple of hp.Dyno figures thet really matter are changes made to the vehicle and re-run on the same dyno. People having 4 or 5 hp difference on different dynos is totally plausible.

I've dynoed vehicles of all types on different dynos, and they are never the same. Every dyno I've ever used varies by a couple of hp.Dyno figures thet really matter are changes made to the vehicle and re-run on the same dyno. People having 4 or 5 hp difference on different dynos is totally plausible.

looks like to me that the tune made the car quicker all accross the chart. which imo is better than just an increase of a couple of hp and torque. I dont plan on driving mine at 6000 rpm much any way. the overall increase in drivability and performance is what im after and for $375.00 OR HOPEFULLY LESS is well worth the money in my book

Another way to look at it, add 5.7 hp to our EPA-determined 319 hp and you have 324.7 hp, call it 325, correct? Not too shabby for $375 I guess.

Some of us seem to be missing the point that drivability,And response is increased,Regardless of what the Dyno says.Would be nice to hear about some DragStrip times,Stock VS Brenspeed,And fuel mileage increases or decreases.Seems like everyone that has gotten this tune is happy.Brenspeed will tell you that top end or let's say peak Horsepower is not greatly increased,DRIVABILITY IS!They claim that there tune takes care of a lot of torque management issues,And freaky drive by wire throttle response.Those of you that were expecting big horsepower gains on the stock car really missed the point of the tune.

Some of us seem to be missing the point that drivability,And response is increased,Regardless of what the Dyno says.Would be nice to hear about some DragStrip times,Stock VS Brenspeed,And fuel mileage increases or decreases.Seems like everyone that has gotten this tune is happy.Brenspeed will tell you that top end or let's say peak Horsepower is not greatly increased,DRIVABILITY IS!They claim that there tune takes care of a lot of torque management issues,And freaky drive by wire throttle response.Those of you that were expecting big horsepower gains on the stock car really missed the point of the tune.

Maybe, but I'm not seeing any driveability or response issues with my car as it is (stock), so maybe this is more of a subjective thing. The only way I'll ever know I guess is to install one of these Brenspeed tunes and see for myself. It would be very interesting to see some 0-60 and 1/4 mile comparisons (stock to Brenspeed). I'm surprised the Brenspeed hasn't done this themselves to market the product.

Maybe, but I'm not seeing any driveability or response issues with my car as it is (stock), so maybe this is more of a subjective thing. The only way I'll ever know I guess is to install one of these Brenspeed tunes and see for myself. It would be very interesting to see some 0-60 and 1/4 mile comparisons (stock to Brenspeed). I'm surprised the Brenspeed hasn't done this themselves to market the product.

You are really not seeing drivability problems,Throttle lag and torque management are more evident to some than others,Depends on how you drive.I shifted mine out of fifth to third for a pass at about 60 mph,When I floored it there was a slight delay in the throttle wanting to open up,Throttle lag.Now once in a while on the one two shift under full throttle acceleration,When I quickly let the clutch out in second,With Traction control off,I get a closed throttle condition for a split second,Thats torque management at work,Good for the warranty,Not good for my style of driving.You will also notice a little more go with less throttle input at lower speeds,Goofy drive by wire set up.The Brenspeed tune addresses all of these issues,Thereby making the car feel more responsive.If it feels alright to you in it's present form,And you don't drive like I do,You would probably be wasting your money.But if you could drive a car with the same set-up as yours,One with the tune ,One without,I guarantee you that you would be sold!

Ilmor,

I think im going to make you a video. One with the Shelby tune and then i will show the process of re-tuning and then drive the car agian to show you the difference. :)

Give me a little time because i want it to look good. This way everybody here can benifit from it and see what is being talked about. :)

I will keep you updated on it and i think about 2 weeks should be enough time, i have to work it in with work and what not and edit and rendering takes some time so , look for it then. :)

Ilmor,

I think im going to make you a video. One with the Shelby tune and then i will show the process of re-tuning and then drive the car agian to show you the difference. :)

Give me a little time because i want it to look good. This way everybody here can benifit from it and see what is being talked about. :)

I will keep you updated on it and i think about 2 weeks should be enough time, i have to work it in with work and what not and edit and rendering takes some time so , look for it then. :)

Thankyou CGI error for the Bleepin double post! Man i hate that thing........

I didn't think I had any "response issues" either until I installed the Brenspeed tunes. Best $382 I ever spent.

MAP

Ilmor,

That would be very interesting to see, Ed! I'm looking forward to it. I think I understand what you guys are saying. I also think I'm driving my Shelby too slow! I wish we had a dragway that was less than 2 hours away. I'm really looking forward to the SAAC event next August so I can open it up on the track.

I didn't think I had any "response issues" either until I installed the Brenspeed tunes. Best $382 I ever spent.

MAP

MAP is completely right---I loved the way #507 drove before I installed the Brenspeed tune---but just love it even more now. The entire car just seems more responsive, overall feel is much better, like 07 ShelbyGT says. The numbers aren't reflective of the total package.

And speaking of the numbers not being reflective of the total package...I've decided that whipping out a dyno sheet for the entire world to see is a lot like walking around naked. Sure, my numbers could be a bit "longer" but there is always one person I can please with what I've got...

Me. :lol:

LOL good analogy. I wanted to ask the other day about how she takes off now. Swede mentioned his car burns rubber in 3 gears and goes like a raped ape. I dont leave rubber when taking off with mine. Im not revving up to 3 grand and dumping the clutch either. But Ill take off and get on it and then shift to the next gear and hammer it pretty good and dont generally hear chirping. I have the TC off too. Will I see a difference in that manner as well?

LOL good analogy. I wanted to ask the other day about how she takes off now. Swede mentioned his car burns rubber in 3 gears and goes like a raped ape. I dont leave rubber when taking off with mine. Im not revving up to 3 grand and dumping the clutch either. But Ill take off and get on it and then shift to the next gear and hammer it pretty good and dont generally hear chirping. I have the TC off too. Will I see a difference in that manner as well?

Your Torque Managment issues will be memories,Bad ones at that!

You are really not seeing drivability problems,Throttle lag and torque management are more evident to some than others,Depends on how you drive.I shifted mine out of fifth to third for a pass at about 60 mph,When I floored it there was a slight delay in the throttle wanting to open up,Throttle lag.Now once in a while on the one two shift under full throttle acceleration,When I quickly let the clutch out in second,With Traction control off,I get a closed throttle condition for a split second,Thats torque management at work,Good for the warranty,Not good for my style of driving.You will also notice a little more go with less throttle input at lower speeds,Goofy drive by wire set up.The Brenspeed tune addresses all of these issues,Thereby making the car feel more responsive.If it feels alright to you in it's present form,And you don't drive like I do,You would probably be wasting your money.But if you could drive a car with the same set-up as yours,One with the tune ,One without,I guarantee you that you would be sold!

Nicely put !!!!!!!! :D and thats why im getting a tuner!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I generally leave the TC on, and I can always chirp while shifting to 2nd if I drive it hard...but could before the tune as well. I did feel the back end get a litle squirrely on me today on a straightline shift into 2nd for the first time...that was pretty cool.

Takeoffs are better with the tune because the HP and torque comes to play at lower RPMs.

I also think the car is louder too...which is an added bonus. Can't wait for others to get their tunes and post their thoughts.

Ilmor,

cant wait for the video (plus it will help convince the wife like the orig.40's video did! ) :D

Ilmor,

I've had my new Brenspeed 93 octane tune installed for a week now, and am still loving it. I have been traveling a lot this week and haven't had time to drive it as much as I would like, but I did get a chance to run by the Dyno shop yesterday for a quick pull. Tourquewrench and I had hoped to get together and get to the shop at the same time so he could watch and get his impressions on the Brenspeed tune, but we couldn't get our schedules to hook up.

Below is the link to my Dyno sheet (sorry, it was a PDF file and I couldn't figure out how to post it)--this shows my original Bone Stock Dyno pull from earlier this month with the new tune pull alongside it for comparision purposes.

Overall---not huge HP gains, but I love the way the car drives. You can tell that the biggest differece is that HP and torque spools up quicker from 1750 RPMs--2250 RPMs and then again is higher in the upper ranges starting at 4250 RPMs.

Yes, it looks like there is actually a small drop in HP and torque through the middle of the RPM range. Since the difference is so small, I sure can't feel it when driving and wonder if the fact that the stock dyno run was done in the AM on a fairly cool day and the tuned dyno was done when it was over 90 degrees caused the entire tune dyno run to be down slightly.

SGT507

http://www.scribd.com/doc/409646/brenspeeddyno

If I do the math right, 280.2 RWHP translates to 329.64705 at the crank. I'm gonna round up to 330.

your math is correct for a 15% parasitic loss and I think your results are solid for the sgt. I have seen a lot in the 275 range for rwhp . The improved "feel" is real....the BMW M cars and my 997 Carerra 911 have "sport" modes which do not add any rw trq or hp, but a very noticable quicker throttle response and in the case of the Bren speed tunes, I have heard from many sources they strenghten some flat spots. the SAI SGT tune really just allows for the cold air kit...no real tuning that I know of.

enjoy your car...I have reccomended the brenspeed to friends...that many folks cant be wrong.

I generally leave the TC on, and I can always chirp while shifting to 2nd if I drive it hard...but could before the tune as well. I did feel the back end get a litle squirrely on me today on a straightline shift into 2nd for the first time...that was pretty cool.

Takeoffs are better with the tune because the HP and torque comes to play at lower RPMs.

I also think the car is louder too...which is an added bonus. Can't wait for others to get their tunes and post their thoughts.

Try it with it off if the TC sensors off ,If it sees the tires spinning it pulls timing and fuel with it on . I made a 10-100 MPH run today and it was freaking sweet . B)

Oh you'll see it if you drive it correctly. So Webba, dump the clutch @ 3K with TC OFF and then let off touch so the tires stop spinning, then nail it again and speed shift into second gear, the car goes slightly sideways but stays on track if you know how to drive. Then stay on it, all the way down, pedal to the floor, and don't let off, and you'll hear a nice squak into third gear. OK then back down cause you'll be doing about 100mph! Just trust me you'll love it. :)

PS: Watch second gear though because if you leave the gas to hard on you'll slide into the next lane without any control and possibly wreck your car. I am not bragging but I do know to drive QUICK, not fast, from 1st to 3rd like a rocket the car responds very well. I just imagine what an SC would be like!

Driving this car is no different than a real driver race drives any other car, hard & quick but NOT all the time.

Archived