TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front license plate bracket/lower grille

shelbydream1

Well, yes and no. I purchased Craig Broussard’s bracket before my SGT arrived with the lower grill so I was not aware that I needed access in the lower grill area to make the bracket work as designed. However, I did make it work. The upside is that I did not have to drill any holes and the downside is that it is not as easily removed as it would be without the grill. I removed all the bracket bolts and worked the bracket between the lower grill and bumper fascia and then bolted on the bracket from the rear. To access the lower grill area from underneath you have to remove the “shield” that runs from the lower bumper fascia rearward. But, that is no big deal. It takes longer to install and it would take you 10-15+ minutes to remove but it saved drilling any holes.

Well, yes and no. I purchased Craig Broussard’s bracket before my SGT arrived with the lower grill so I was not aware that I needed access in the lower grill area to make the bracket work as designed. However, I did make it work. The upside is that I did not have to drill any holes and the downside is that it is not as easily removed as it would be without the grill. I removed all the bracket bolts and worked the bracket between the lower grill and bumper fascia and then bolted on the bracket from the rear. To access the lower grill area from underneath you have to remove the “shield” that runs from the lower bumper fascia rearward. But, that is no big deal. It takes longer to install and it would take you 10-15+ minutes to remove but it saved drilling any holes.

Thanks for the information. I, too, have Craig's bracket and have not installed it yet because the lower grill is going to be installed on my car. I contacted Craig and he said you could get it done but that it would take more effort. I still think his product is the best thing going. Jim

I have the lower grill and no bracket. I need to get one as we are required to have it in Maine. I posted a story a week or two ago about getting pulled over and forgot to tell you guys that the cop walked to the front of my car, looked down at the bumper and then left and right loking for a plate. He walked back to my window and never said a word. I figured I was getting a speeding ticket and no plate. I got a verbal warning. I forgot to buy lottery tickets that night. I am going to make a bracket this winter. I am in the machining field. Ill post pics when it is done.

Archived