TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HAS ANYONE CONTEMPLATED A HOOD CHANGE?

07SHELBY GT

Has anyone thought about the rivet fix,Then storing the hood for future resale or value,And getting another hood?I have been looking at the CS6 hood,Looks like the GTH hood,Seems to be vented for high speed runs and looks pretty darn good on the car,Only thing is I think it's fiberglass,Good for weight,Bad for durability.Anybody?

Has anyone thought about the rivet fix,Then storing the hood for future resale or value,And getting another hood?I have been looking at the CS6 hood,Looks like the GTH hood,Seems to be vented for high speed runs and looks pretty darn good on the car,Only thing is I think it's fiberglass,Good for weight,Bad for durability.Anybody?

My car will be going through the Mod Shop later this year (with any luck) and one of the mods is the CS6/CS8/Hertz hood. I talked with John Walker at SAI and he confirmed that we can have our original hood back if we like. The CS6/CS8/Hertz hood is non-functional, however. There is talk about designing one that will be functional but we will have to wait and see. In terms of weight and durability, your view is, typically, correct but not for this hood. The weight appears to be slightly more than the stock hood and when you see it you will understand why. It is one solid piece of work. It is braced in all directions. You might ask Clink, or anyone else who has this hood already, to shoot some underhood photos and you can see how it is built. Jim

I say stay with the origional! THAT hood we have was thought up just for our cars and in my opinion it is one of the thing that makes our cars what it is. Even though i admit the hertz hood / (CS6) hood is cool too, as is the KR and all the hoods besides the plain mustang hood. Even if our hood scoops aren't perfect, and mine is not either, I will continue to wait till the issue is resolved fully and then get it replaced. I still like it even though it is lifting, it still looks bad a$$

I have thought bout it yes. I believe the wife likes that stock look,and is waiting for a solution in regards to the hood-scoop.

I'm more interested in purchasing a trunk lid,and related hardware. I want to remove the stock trunk lid,and in it's place,put a trunk lid with new/stock hardware.....and add the GT-500 spoiler. I cringe bout drillin holes in the current trunk lid,so figure in our case,it's a viable option. Store the trunk lid that came with car,and run the GT-500 set-up. Plus,if wifey doesn't like the look,she can always re-install original. Then,sell completed GT-500 lid on Ebay.

Thoughts?

I'm more interested in purchasing a trunk lid,and related hardware. I want to remove the stock trunk lid,and in it's place,put a trunk lid with new/stock hardware.....and add the GT-500 spoiler. I cringe bout drillin holes in the current trunk lid,so figure in our case,it's a viable option. Store the trunk lid that came with car,and run the GT-500 set-up. Plus,if wifey doesn't like the look,she can always re-install original. Then,sell completed GT-500 lid on Ebay.

Thoughts?

I think that is a good idea, I thought about doing just that but decided against it the more and more I have had my car. I think i want to leave it MOSTLY stock. I will still do a tune, elbow, axleback and possibly wheels.

I think that is a good idea, I thought about doing just that but decided against it the more and more I have had my car. I think i want to leave it MOSTLY stock. I will still do a tune, elbow, axleback and possibly wheels.

I'm with ya on that! I want the option of,being able to put back into stock configuration,without having to fill holes or re-paint etc. Anything that gets removed from wifeys car,can be re-installed in future.

I did the hood replacement from the begining. I am waiting for delivery options to be confirmed and then will have SAI send my original hood. What looks like hood vents on the front are just as functional as the stock scoop. I can't comment on the weight difference.

Keep in mind the CS hood has its own issues. Mine doesn't parrallel the fender lines as well as I think it should. I have heard of another with ripple problems. Every once and awhile I consider putting my stock hood on the car when it arrives (assuming the scoop is fixed). The grass is always greener on the other side until you get there.

IMG_0574.jpg

I've got the aftermarket hood in my garage. Originally got it for my now cancelled 08 Mustang GT order.

I plan to take off the factory hood and put this one on. It keeps the same look as the original but the built in hood scoop is functional. It's gonna look awesome when I get it on.

Here's a whole thread with pix on this hood.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...960&hl=trufiber

I really would love to put a huge cervinis cowl hood on mine, only thing id worry about is gettin the stripes onto it... (keep the old one of course!)

I'll stay with my original hood. However if I would have ordered the car I would have had a CS8/Hertz hood installed, they do look nice and again are more rare than the stock hood is, thus more money when selling the car in the future. Less made more money!

Love the Cervinis parts in general. They are awesome and the fit & finish is incredible I have seen them with my own 2 eyes and it's good stuff! B)

I have thought about getting a standard GT take-off hood in white and apply the silver stripes, no fake-scoop at all. I wonder how it would look?

I have thought about getting a standard GT take-off hood in white and apply the silver stripes, no fake-scoop at all. I wonder how it would look?

not trying to be a smart a$$ but more than likely it will look like a regular mustang gt but lower and with the gt/cs front

not trying to be a smart a$$ but more than likely it will look like a regular mustang gt but lower and with the gt/cs front

Don't worry, I don't take it that way. I suspect you're correct and it was my same thought. I know me though...I'll always keep the original hood / scoop, but I will have the scoop fix done once its finalized by SAI.

I really like the stock hoods, minus the lifting. But even still I love the look so the Cs hood wasnt an option for me. And after hearing that those had issues I figured leave well enough alone.

Stock hood looks good...hanging on the garage wall :D

I got the CS6/GTH hood in the Mod Shop. Had John ship me my original hood where it is now the most expensive piece of garage art I have. About $260 freight from SAI to Portland, Oregon area.

The scoop looks fine on my stock hood, even fit all around, but then temp extremes are not too bad and not much direct sunlight hitting the scoop in my garage either! But I'm happy with the CS6/GTH hood. Good fit and finish on mine. It is slightly heavier than the stock hood, the aftermarket gas struts for hoods just barely hold it up.

Todd

csm1638

non-SC gauge cluster, lower grill, fog lights and brake ducts, Steeda LCA and UCA, and Coast Driveline AL driveshaft. Next year, wheels, tires and brakes.....

Archived