TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My, how things change

STLShelby

I had decided a couple months ago to pass on the car i ordered with work being really slow. I drive a truck for a block & brick manufacturer. Roughly 35 to 40% of our work is supplying brick for new home construction. With the sub prime lending crisis bringing new home construction to a near standstill in our area, i got a little apprehensive about turning loose of that much money. The salesperson i have bought from for years emailed me earlier this week and said Ford was qualifying 07 Shelby GT's for A-plan. They still have the car i ordered. So after agonizing all week about it, i decided to pull the trigger tonight and take a calculated risk and go for it. To good a deal to pass up. Going up in the morning to look it over and drive it, so it should be a go.

Sorry for the long soap opera, but i just had to tell somebody. :D

I had decided a couple months ago to pass on the car i ordered with work being really slow. I drive a truck for a block & brick manufacturer. Roughly 35 to 40% of our work is supplying brick for new home construction. With the sub prime lending crisis bringing new home construction to a near standstill in our area, i got a little apprehensive about turning loose of that much money. The salesperson i have bought from for years emailed me earlier this week and said Ford was qualifying 07 Shelby GT's for A-plan. They still have the car i ordered. So after agonizing all week about it, i decided to pull the trigger tonight and take a calculated risk and go for it. To good a deal to pass up. Going up in the morning to look it over and drive it, so it should be a go.

Awesome!Sometimes you just have to take a chance and be happy!!Hope the purchase goes well for you!

That was no soap opera, that was great. Boy gets car, boy loses car, boy gets car. Could there be a happier ending? I'm with Frankie -- photos, please. Jim :D

What is an A plan? Thanks!

Fully understand soap operas (how the housing market can put a damper on things). Hope it turns around soon for you.

Wow that's awesome getting the A-Plan on an 07 SGT! Congrats!

I'm X-Plan eligible but that's it not available on the 08s. Too bad I love Blue 08s so much cause there are lots of great deals out there on 07s.

"Sometimes you just have to say WTF." From Risky Business I think. No-not a Tom Cruise fan.

What is an A plan? Thanks!

A/Z plan is the employee discount. A is for current employee's and Z is for retiree's. My father-in-law retired from the Hazelwood Mo. Ford plant and my two brother-in-laws worked there until they closed it last year. Actually it's going to be Z-plan, but it's the same discount. There's a $1,000 rebate for A/Z plan people right now also. It got the price of the car a little south of $34,000.00 When i ordered the car the only thing i got was the interior upgrade.

Well, time to go up there now and look it over, since it's been sitting outside on their lot for two months. Hopefully there's no paint issue's. Will keep you posted.

A/Z plan is the employee discount. A is for current employee's and Z is for retiree's. My father-in-law retired from the Hazelwood Mo. Ford plant and my two brother-in-laws worked there until they closed it last year. Actually it's going to be Z-plan, but it's the same discount. There's a $1,000 rebate for A/Z plan people right now also. It got the price of the car a little south of $34,000.00 When i ordered the car the only thing i got was the interior upgrade.

Well, time to go up there now and look it over, since it's been sitting outside on their lot for two months. Hopefully there's no paint issue's. Will keep you posted.

Thats AWESOME, hope all is good and you get to drive 'er home!

Cool thanks! SGT's rule you will love it, I am really attached to mine it rocks!

That was no soap opera, that was great. Boy gets car, boy loses car, boy gets car. Could there be a happier ending? I'm with Frankie -- photos, please. Jim :D

I have one Jim....boy sends car back to SAI for s/c and big brakes! ;)

Archived