TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby waiting period.

Redskin28

My production date was 8/17 anybody have any idea how long now.

2008 Vista blue.

What is the average time to get to Las Vegas now and what is the lines look like at Vegas? No mod shop at this time.

Thanks all in advance.

My '08 arrived at my dealer a week ago today. When you say "production date" are you referring to the production of the car in Flat Rock, Michigan, or at SAI? If the production date was at SAI, your car will be in your hands any moment. My original production date at SAI was, more or less, what yours was. What does the VIN Tracker at SAI say is the status of your car?

I, too, welcome you to the family. Spend some time on the Forum and you will pick up a great deal of information from people who have the same passion for these cars as you do. Let us all know when your beauty shows up (photos are required immediately upon delivery of your car or you will take unending abuse. :lol: " Jim

2008 Vista blue.

What is the average time to get to Las Vegas now and what is the lines look like at Vegas? No mod shop at this time.

Thanks all in advance.

AAI will build the car in 1 day, then it goes to shipping, then the mixing yard. most of the time it takes a few days for this to happen. then it gets on a train and takes 12 days to get to SAI. if the car was produced on 8-17 the car should be at SAI. then it just a matter of time for them to get to it. each lift does 4 cars a day and i think there are close to 12 lifts (might be off a few lifts). check the vin tracker to see where you car is.

just quick timeline, it might not be perfect.

michael morris

Ok i have to apologize I really screwed up the production date it was 10/17 not 8/17 or should I say yesterday.

So sorry for the type O Sounds like it will be taking a train ride real soon. For like 12 days then Las Vegas.

What month do you think I will see this car.

Depends if you are getting mods-some of the mod shop cars had waits of 6 months, but they got backed up before it opened. You'll be waiting for a little while, sit back and enjoy the forum while you wait and endure your PSDS (pre Shelby Delivery Syndrome)--welcome aboard

Ok i have to apologize I really screwed up the production date it was 10/17 not 8/17 or should I say yesterday.

So sorry for the type O Sounds like it will be taking a train ride real soon. For like 12 days then Las Vegas.

What month do you think I will see this car.

You'll definately see it by Decemjanarch!

No problem!

2008 Vista blue.

Thanks all in advance.

My production date was 8/27. Dealer told me this week it would be another 4 to 6 weeks!

AFBLUE

Do you know why your took so long to get done?

The whole story is here for your viewing pleasure

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1772

Short version, I have no idea why it didn't ship initially, but at some point they discovered a scratch on front bumper and decided to send it back to factory to repait front bumper.

Archived