TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If your going....

stump_breaker

200 mph in your Shelby with 29" tires, a .65 OD gear (I don't recall the actual OD ratio) with 4.10 gears, your engine will be at 6175 RPM's and your driveshaft will be turning 9500 rpm's. This is on a standard. An automatic will be higher due to slippage.

So with a good two piece shaft and some extra power on tap and assuming your Shelby for whatever reason never reaches it's terminal velocity, 200 mph is possible.

I don't know why I posted this. Just PW'ing I guess. :D

200 mph in your Shelby with 29" tires, a .65 OD gear (I don't recall the actual OD ratio) with 4.10 gears, your engine will be at 6175 RPM's and your driveshaft will be turning 9500 rpm's. This is on a standard. An automatic will be higher due to slippage.

So with a good two piece shaft and some extra power on tap and assuming your Shelby for whatever reason never reaches it's terminal velocity, 200 mph is possible.

can you rework all the numbers and add whitewall tires and a coontail to the antenna?

michael morris

Better hope it's not raining-remember the stripes in the 80mph rain?

good work Stump Breaker....to continue the math excercise, I was wonderin how much more HP we would need for 200mph

Using the following

Aero Drag = DA = 1/2 * rho * V2 * Af * Cd

Rolling Drag = DR = fr * W

fr = fo + 3.24 * fs * ( V * (60/88) /100)2.5

rho = 0.00236 * (Pr/ 29.92) * ( 519 / (460 + T))

HP = D * V / 550 = (DA + DR) * V / 550

Before getting to far along, let me define the new terms used:

rho is the air density in slugs per newton-meter

fr is the rolling coefficient

Cd is the dimensionless drag coefficient

AND assuming our CD is approx the same as the GT500 of .38

I created the following data table

Looks like we need about 1,100 Horsey-powers to hit 200 mph....without stripe-flap or hood-scoop lift induced drag

good work Stump Breaker....to continue the math excercise, I was wonderin how much more HP we would need for 200mph

Using the following

Aero Drag = DA = 1/2 * rho * V2 * Af * Cd

Rolling Drag = DR = fr * W

fr = fo + 3.24 * fs * ( V * (60/88) /100)2.5

rho = 0.00236 * (Pr/ 29.92) * ( 519 / (460 + T))

HP = D * V / 550 = (DA + DR) * V / 550

Before getting to far along, let me define the new terms used:

rho is the air density in slugs per newton-meter

fr is the rolling coefficient

Cd is the dimensionless drag coefficient

AND assuming our CD is approx the same as the GT500 of .38

I created the following data table

Looks like we need about 1,100 Horsey-powers to hit 200 mph....without stripe-flap or hood-scoop lift induced drag

I was wondering how to figue that out but it is beyond my knowledge.

So 1100 HP is the new goal. :D

I was wondering how to figue that out but it is beyond my knowledge.

So 1100 HP is the new goal. :D

well...thats the goal for the white cars....as everyone knows the black sgt's are inherently slower, I'd figure about 1250 hp for the black cars

Lets not forget......the faster the cars,the more friction/heat will be generated. Possibly that can be used as a fix for the hood scoops. It heats the hood-scoop to "X" degrees,and the benefit of such is,it molds itself more uniformly,to the hood.

To keep hood scoop properly aligned and molded.....the car must be driven at speeds in excess of 180 MPH,on a weekly basis ;)

Lets not forget......the faster the cars,the more friction/heat will be generated. Possibly that can be used as a fix for the hood scoops. It heats the hood-scoop to "X" degrees,and the benefit of such is,it molds itself more uniformly,to the hood.

To keep hood scoop properly aligned and molded.....the car must be driven at speeds in excess of 180 MPH,on a weekly basis ;)

Autoplay....you maybe onto something here

that would explain why the hood scoop fix is so elusive...its caused by the rpm/speed limiter in the ECU !!

Archived