TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop

07Shelby_merged

Heard from Ford ,that Shelby will not stand behind the hood scoop problem <_< they will not be responsible for more holes being drilled into the hood :o .. ..dealer doesn't want to be responsible ?? Is this true .... anyone hear different ??? ;)

They will pay your dealer $200.00 to do the job and they supply parts.

I find that hard to believe,as that in my opinion,is bad business,esp short-term! Will only agitate more customers.

To stay within the theme of this post/discussion,and if TRUE,I believe the customer would have every right to pursue a fix/solution.....with the builder/company of the defect.

In my business,once I install ANYTHING,"I" have assumed full responsibility. With that said,if there is a potential problem that I spot,I get it resolved in 1 fashion or another,before proceeding.

Lastly,I think this post/thread should be pulled,as it's doin nuttin for my blood pressure,and as stated from beginning,it's a "rumor". Rumors regarding the hood-scoop,and what this rumor suggests,isn't positive.

I find that hard to believe,as that in my opinion,is bad business,esp short-term! Will only agitate more customers.

To stay within the theme of this post/discussion,and if TRUE,I believe the customer would have every right to pursue a fix/solution.....with the builder/company of the defect.

In my business,once I install ANYTHING,"I" have assumed full responsibility. With that said,if there is a potential problem that I spot,I get it resolved in 1 fashion or another,before proceeding.

Lastly,I think this post/thread should be pulled,as it's doin nuttin for my blood pressure,and as stated from beginning,it's a "rumor". Rumors regarding the hood-scoop,and what this rumor suggests,isn't positive.

+ 1

As far as Im concerned ... I paid alot of money for the car, Its covered with a warranty .. The warranty doesnt say ..well everythings covered except the hood scoop !!!! If I aint happy .. its getting replaced !!! , Why should I have to get stuck and settle !!!

i agree with u 07Shelby !!!!!!!!!! i havent had any problems with my scoop at all , but i paid for extended 7year/70,000 warranty and if somthing is wrong i'd want it fixed!!!!!!!! ;)

I'm sure your dealer or SAI will do something , you just gotta talk to the right person!!!!!!! :D Best of luck !!!

OK before we go nuts on a rumor that is just that a rumor, from a dealer no less...meaning its probably horsesh*t. This is the real deal. Take pics of your scoop. Email them to John @ SAI. YOu can find his email on here under the ASK JOHN pinned thread. Tell him your CSM #, dealer you are working with, and whether or not you have been working with his warranty group, PCG Campbell. He will then contact you on fixing it. They are doing a one on one process of fixing these. Some dealers do not have a body department or just arent comfortable with fixing it. So rather then force them to do it or having something go wrong they are working at solving each persons issue case by case. Several members have done this process and their cars are in process of being fixed. SAI will be taking care of us, so dont panic. And I am not trying to make light of your situation. I am in the same boat. Just know they are going to make it right. :)

Ok Actually I'm waiting for my 4th scoop to come in .. I told the dealer Body Shop, and General Manager that if the 4th scoop has any defects .. that I would want them to put the scoop that I had on it before ... It only stuck up on the drivers side .. around the 4th. 5th, 6th rivots .. It wasnt that bad .. I could live with it if I had to . Id rather have the old one .. then drilling holes for all the rivits

Trust me, if you saw a car with a rivoted scoop you would want it. You will still have a small crease on the side wall. This is just where the contour of the scoop isnt exactly to the hood but it looks night and day better than the originals. Mine is sticking up a 1/4" or more depending on the temp. I have seen 3 or 4 with the rivot fix and they look great.

To SAI Bud or John - why haven't you started a "PINNED" hood scoop update topic? Then just tell everyone to refer to it for updates. Start by telling us the latest news!

Heard from Ford ,that Shelby will not stand behind the hood scoop problem <_< they will not be responsible for more holes being drilled into the hood :o .. ..dealer doesn't want to be responsible ?? Is this true .... anyone hear different ??? ;)

had my scoop taken care of about 2 weeks ago,,,3rd scoop rivited on ,,,no problem with Shelby or my Ford Dealer GOOD LUCK :D

When the official and final fix is finally announced by SAI, I plan to have mine done at the SAI mod shop at Tasca Ford if they will do it. I just have a hard time trusting a "typical" Ford dealer; I just know they'll screw it up somehow.

Have been monitoring the hood scoop issues with great interest. Mine looks horrible and is in definite need of repair. The hood replacement rumor is interesting but I doubt Ford or SAI will ante up for the cost.

I will email pictures to Bud and keep my fingers crossed. It appears SAI is trying to do the right thing. I'm more worried about my dealer handling the repair.

Archived