TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The history continues!

RogerS

Ok guys and gals here is the latest and not too greatest.

#5322 was picked up at SAI on Monday. Figured I'd give it a little time and we all have been somwhat amused at the history of this car and build. You would figure with my last topic post "Finally!" that is was drawing to a close.

I received a call from the transport company on Wednesday. They told me the name of the driver and the target date of 10/17-10/18 to arrive in RI. I questioned that due to Fed. Regs. on amount of time behind the wheel, weather etc. I figured 10/19. I am also planning on leaving for the south on "The Adam and Roger Adventure Tour" Friday 10/19 at about 11 AM. Cutting it close but doable. I know we have had a very good time with teasing one another on delivery, sleepless nights etc. but It's been such an experience that it has really taken the wind out of the sails so to speak. Don't get me wrong here, I can't wait to see it and drive "Black Beauty" again, but for those who have waited a long time, you can relate.

Received a voice mail this morning about 11:30 AM eastern from the transportation company. The truck was in Oklahoma, anticipated delivery date is 10/22-10/23. Looks like it will be the "Adam Adventure Tour" buddy. Michael, looks like we meet at another time. Now I can clean up the garage a little and complete some "honey do's" and hopefully get the car at the beginning of the week.

Ok guys and gals here is the latest and not too greatest.

#5322 was picked up at SAI on Monday. Figured I'd give it a little time and we all have been somwhat amused at the history of this car and build. You would figure with my last topic post "Finally!" that is was drawing to a close.

I received a call from the transport company on Wednesday. They told me the name of the driver and the target date of 10/17-10/18 to arrive in RI. I questioned that due to Fed. Regs. on amount of time behind the wheel, weather etc. I figured 10/19. I am also planning on leaving for the south on "The Adam and Roger Adventure Tour" Friday 10/19 at about 11 AM. Cutting it close but doable. I know we have had a very good time with teasing one another on delivery, sleepless nights etc. but It's been such an experience that it has really taken the wind out of the sails so to speak. Don't get me wrong here, I can't wait to see it and drive "Black Beauty" again, but for those who have waited a long time, you can relate.

Received a voice mail this morning about 11:30 AM eastern from the transportation company. The truck was in Oaklahoma, anticipated delivery date is 10/22-10/23. Looks like it will be the "Adam Adventure Tour" buddy. Michael, looks like we meet at another time. Now I can clean up the garage a little and complete some "honey do's" and hopefully get the car at the beginning of the week.

what is going to be the hold up. they stopping everytime it says "clean restroom" and cleaning them :)

it was only a 4 day delivery on Stans car. dont understand! maybe brandi and i should have driven home for you.

michael morris

Ok..............received a call from the driver tonight...............new is not what you think................he is NOT going to be here tomorrow. Now it's Wednesday 10/24. Michael, get ready, here we come!

Roger now i have mixed feeling. i want you and Adam to come down, but i was hoping you would have your car. whats taking them so long to get over here. OK i have some GREAT pics of your car. can i send them to ya or maybe post them so that you can at least no what your missing????

michael morris

Michael, won't have the car but when I get home the car will be arriving the next morning. Not really bad news at all. Just think about this for a second...........the car arrives tomorrow morning. I go crazy...........Adam takes some pics............I drive the car 7 miles.............put it into the garage...............jump in the truck and head south to GA!!!! OR..............drive to GA, visit the best dealership and salesperson I've ever known............drive back with Adam's new trailer................get a good nights sleep.....................Lord I'm going to need it................Adam's too cheap to split a hotel :P were going to rough it in the truck! :lol: Then wake up bright and early and meet the truck at Tasca!

As far as the pics..............Bud had a rule..................no pics posted until I get the car. With all of the people who have pics of #5322 it should be a field day for posting next Wednesday. :D I do know what I am missing, got to drive it the first week of August and had Bud's teaser shots of the SC install. It will be fun seeing the entire finished product. We'll see you this weekend my friend.

Hey Roger-

since 10/24 is my wife's birthday, it would be really nice if you'd let her learn to drive a stick in you SGT that day (instead of mine)-I'll fly her out to meet you-whaddya think???? ;)

Why not. My wife voluntered to pick up the car while I am away. Only problem is, she can drive a stick pretty well! For those who have met my wife..............I'll bet your suprised! :blink: Oh and my 26 yr. old son also wanted dibs on the pick up. Fat chance! :lol::lol::lol:

The latest.............car will not arrive until Thursday, mid afternoon. This is after I had an anticipated date of 10/18 then an anticipated date of 10/24 and yet was told this morning that the date of arrival would be Friday or Saturday 10/26-10/27. I won't get excited until the driver calls and tells me he is in my state. <_< Like I stated in the beginning.............The car that never wanted to return home! :rolleyes:

Archived