TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT40's vs. Razor's

Strawman

OK, 2008 SGT vert, Vista Blue. Baer big brakes. 20" wheels, silver, either GT40 or Razor. I want wider tires in the rear, as wide as possible. Questions:

1. Razors. Besides saving over $3k, the Razors only come as wide as 9", will this wheel handle, properly, a 275 or 285?

2. GT 40's. With these width is not an issue, can get 10 or 10.5. So, can I fit a wider tire on this wheel than the Razor, is a 285 the limit for the SGT?

3. I would love to see these wheels in person, are either of these typically stocked anywhere?

OK, 2008 SGT vert, Vista Blue. Baer big brakes. 20" wheels, silver, either GT40 or Razor. I want wider tires in the rear, as wide as possible. Questions:

1. Razors. Besides saving over $3k, the Razors only come as wide as 9", will this wheel handle, properly, a 275 or 285?

2. GT 40's. With these width is not an issue, can get 10 or 10.5. So, can I fit a wider tire on this wheel than the Razor, is a 285 the limit for the SGT?

3. I would love to see these wheels in person, are either of these typically stocked anywhere?

I would check with Clink. Three weeks ago, he took Museum Delivery of his S/C car and I know he has the brake upgrade and 20" Razors. I have a vague recollection of him having 10" on the back and 9" on the front. Also, check with John at SAI as he was advising me to get that 9/10 setup on my car when it is in the Mod Shop. Good luck. Jim

I have 20 X 10.5" GT40's on the rear with 285/30 tires. However, if you can get the 285s on 10" wheels, I would consider them. I think the 10.5" are just a tad too wide but it may be me.

IMG_0616.jpg

Those are beautiful. Did you say previously that you had clearance issues? That being said, I suppose 285 is the width limit for the SGT One more question, do the wheels protrude outside the tire, as in, how likely are these to get dinged?

No I don't have any clearance issues. With the rear end centered the chrome lip does stick past the fender about 1/16" but I have had no rubbing issues and I have hit some good bumps. The chrome lip is designed to stick out past the tire wall but just barely. I personally would have prefered the 10" width just to get the wheel completely inside the fender for looks but nobody ever notices but me.

my $0.02-

no offense to the razor guys, but I think that GT40 wheel is one of the best looking wheels I've ever seen (I worked at a Goodyear tire/lube center in high school stocking/pulling tire orders, so I've seen a LOT of different wheels).

my preference-GT40's in a landslide vs. razors

I love those two-but I didn't bring them up-he'd really have trouble deciding between 3 wheel styles!

[/quote

I thought about that, and I loved the gt40's just could not or would not spend that kind of money on wheels. the roads here suck. as soon as i saw the cs69s on rogers car I had to change my mind. since I posted ealier and was for the GT40's I now dont know.

Archived