TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going To SAI Museum On Monday

mffarrell

I am very excited about my trip to LV this weekend. Two of my grown daughters and 5 grandchildren reside there. The purpose of my trip is to attend my middle daughter's "white coat" inauguration, as she is studying to become a MD.

I will be taking my grandson, who is 12, to the museum with me, as he will be a future Shelby owner someday.

For those of you who have visited the museum, is there anything that I need to do prior to just showing up at 10:30 am? Also, could you please recommend any other activities I should partake while I am at SAI?

Thanks!

I am very excited about my trip to LV this weekend. Two of my grown daughters and 5 grandchildren reside there. The purpose of my trip is to attend my middle daughter's "white coat" inauguration, as she is studying to become a MD.

I will be taking my grandson, who is 12, to the museum with me, as he will be a future Shelby owner someday.

For those of you who have visited the museum, is there anything that I need to do prior to just showing up at 10:30 am? Also, could you please recommend any other activities I should partake while I am at SAI?

Thanks!

Hi,

Bring a camera with a flash, it's dark in there.

Get ready to buy some stuff from the store, lot's of kids stuff.

Get there at 10AM and mingle with others waiting.

P.S. :rolleyes:

Check and make sure Rogers car really got loaded onto that truck!!!!!!!!If it is still there it is the one without the hood.

CLINK

P.S. :rolleyes:

Check and make sure Rogers car really got loaded onto that truck!!!!!!!!If it is still there it is the one without the hood.

CLINK

LOL

Get there even earlier than 10. There are lots of other things to see before the tour. Getting there earlier will allow you time to see the other things such as the mod shop across the way.

For starters, you'll want to pull your car safely over to where all the hundreds/thousands of SHelby's are parked across the street awaiting transformation or shipping. Then drive around the whole complex. Head over to the speedway and drive around there too. If you're lucky, you'll be able to see things happening by just driving by some of the buildings.

Then do as clink said and go meet all the fine SAI emplyees that you can or fellow museum visitors. Snap lots of pics and leave lots of money in Mary's register on the way out the door.

After you leave, drive around the complex again. You never know what you'll see. Might get lucky.

Most of all, enjoy it all and try to remember as much as possible. It's like a wedding day every time I go. Want to see and talk to everyone about everything then leave wishing I had more time to spend with all and see everything again.

LOL

Get there even earlier than 10. There are lots of other things to see before the tour. Getting there earlier will allow you time to see the other things such as the mod shop across the way.

For starters, you'll want to pull your car safely over to where all the hundreds/thousands of SHelby's are parked across the street awaiting transformation or shipping. Then drive around the whole complex. Head over to the speedway and drive around there too. If you're lucky, you'll be able to see things happening by just driving by some of the buildings.

Then do as clink said and go meet all the fine SAI emplyees that you can or fellow museum visitors. Snap lots of pics and leave lots of money in Mary's register on the way out the door.

After you leave, drive around the complex again. You never know what you'll see. Might get lucky.

Most of all, enjoy it all and try to remember as much as possible. It's like a wedding day every time I go. Want to see and talk to everyone about everything then leave wishing I had more time to spend with all and see everything again.

Thanks everyone! I will take some pictures and post them when I return. I am still trying to talk the little lady into letting me drive my 66 GT350 to our Mecca, but it's not exactly a comfortable highway cruiser, plus we will be driving to San Diego after the LV visit, so about a 1500 mile road trip. She wants to go in the CLK...Oh well!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! I will take some pictures and post them when I return. I am still trying to talk the little lady into letting me drive my 66 GT350 to our Mecca, but it's not exactly a comfortable highway cruiser, plus we will be driving to San Diego after the LV visit, so about a 1500 mile road trip. She wants to go in the CLK...Oh well!

Well, I just made it back home! We got stuck in San Diego, after our SAI visit, nevertheless, we made it back in one piece, although very devastating fires in the southland are still burning.

The SAI visit was pretty cool! Here are some random pictures I took. I couldn't go into the mod shop, b/c I guess it was off limits, but we had a good time. I drove around the lot where all the GTs were parked. A sea of blue with some white, black, and orange GTs sprinkled around...LOL

Archived