TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vehicle Scheduling Update

My dealer just told me that "they are just getting ready to schedule September production, and we expect your car to be in that group".

They are a small dealer, had not sold SVT cars previously, and had to become certified for this one car. Depending on when it does get built in September, I'm looking at an October or early November delivery date based on the experiences others have passed on. I must admit I'm a bit surprised it's this early...was expecting more like January of 2007. I'm secretly hoping it slips later...as I won't likely drive the car during our Indiana winters anyway.

I was going to put this in another thread rather than start a new one, but didn't see one that seemed appropriate...maybe we can use this one for "scheduling updates"...as a precursor to deliveries....that's ok with me if everyone wants to hijack it (I named it such that this would work).

P.S. No, I do not have a VIN yet.

Dave

My dealer just told me that "they are just getting ready to schedule September production, and we expect your car to be in that group".

They are a small dealer, had not sold SVT cars previously, and had to become certified for this one car. Depending on when it does get built in September, I'm looking at an October or early November delivery date based on the experiences others have passed on. I must admit I'm a bit surprised it's this early...was expecting more like January of 2007. I'm secretly hoping it slips later...as I won't likely drive the car during our Indiana winters anyway.

I was going to put this in another thread rather than start a new one, but didn't see one that seemed appropriate...maybe we can use this one for "scheduling updates"...as a precursor to deliveries....that's ok with me if everyone wants to hijack it (I named it such that this would work).

Dave

Dave

I ordered on 6/26 from a small dealer also and do not have a vin#. When did you order? tks FRED

I must admit, the more I read these posts about who's getting what/when, the more confused and frustrated I get. I get in the mind set it will probably be next spring before I see my baby, then someone says the ordered at such and such dealer and time, and I think well maybe it will be this summer, then someone gets on and reports their situation, and I back to where I started. Small dealer, PA, I think I get their first but dealer a bit fuzzy on this. . . now I'm guessing Oct or NOv. I think I'll try to put it out of my mind until late Sept. We'll see! :censored::rant:

Dave

Sounds like I ordered from a similar dealer...small dealer getting one car, maybe another one later. But I can't imagine that it is now time for all single-car certified dealers to get their vehicles. If it is, then yeehaw...I'm in that line. But didn't we just see a post that indicated all svt/svt-focus/PA dealers will all get one car first and then there will be an ongoing "lottery" system that pulls production from the entire group of dealers...with a relatively small amount of production set aside for the just-certified dealers?

FWIW, my dealer says he generally has no idea when he'll get the car and he says his rep says she has no idea. But my dealer has generally had little knowledge about the car and its allocation/distribution. But he did say his rep told him he should have the car no later than March (!).

Sounds like I ordered from a similar dealer...small dealer getting one car, maybe another one later. But I can't imagine that it is now time for all single-car certified dealers to get their vehicles. If it is, then yeehaw...I'm in that line. But didn't we just see a post that indicated all svt/svt-focus/PA dealers will all get one car first and then there will be an ongoing "lottery" system that pulls production from the entire group of dealers...with a relatively small amount of production set aside for the just-certified dealers?

FWIW, my dealer says he generally has no idea when he'll get the car and he says his rep says she has no idea. But my dealer has generally had little knowledge about the car and its allocation/distribution. But he did say his rep told him he should have the car no later than March (!).

Another thread said there were about 3,600 total certified dealers (including SVT). If that's true and there are about 600 Full-Line SVT and 300 SVT-Focus dealers, that leaves 2,700 just-certified dealers. Ford will have to average 750 units per month to make the 9,000 MY 2007 target. If Ford starts this lottery in late August and they have any hope of fulfilling all the just-certified dealer orders by the end of MY 2007 (May 2007?), they better set aside more than a "small amount of production" for just-certified dealers...more like almost half. (2,700 units over 9 months = 300 units/month)

I can add a little from my SVT dealer. They got there first one at the dealership last week. Mine is do to get vin# august 1st, produced august 10, then delivered. Because it is a truck delivery, it should only be 7-10 days later. I know these are estimates, but they are from the Ford Rep. so they are pretty reliable. Lets hope, I'm dying to get my vert!!!! :happy feet:

I can add a little from my SVT dealer. They got there first one at the dealership last week. Mine is do to get vin# august 1st, produced august 10, then delivered. Because it is a truck delivery, it should only be 7-10 days later. I know these are estimates, but they are from the Ford Rep. so they are pretty reliable. Lets hope, I'm dying to get my vert!!!! :happy feet:

Does it seem right that an SVT dealer would get 2 Shelbys before another dealer even gets one????

I thought the process was that each dealer would get ONE and then down the line again.

Am i wrong??? Does that mean the small time dealer may not get there One until AFTER an Svt dealer

has gotten 2 or 3??????? Does not seem right...OH well :shrug::banghead:

Does it seem right that an SVT dealer would get 2 Shelbys before another dealer even gets one????

I thought the process was that each dealer would get ONE and then down the line again.

Am i wrong??? Does that mean the small time dealer may not get there One until AFTER an Svt dealer

Played a little Texas Holdem last night with my dealer. He said all dealers were going to get one before the SVT dealer got the second one. But when looking at "COOLEST SHOWROOM" I think he is wrong. :rant:

+1

I believe SVT dealers should get priority as reward for their SVT status (and expense) but there's got to be a limit. There are 2,700 non-SVT, certified dealers out there. Does Ford really want to piss all of them off? I feel like I'll never get my car because I ordered from a very small non-SVT dealer. :banghead:

I think if we've learned anything here it's that Ford has not put a plan together to coordinate much of anything, let alone deliveries. Striping seems to be the bottleneck and who knows how the jobber is handling those. The clusterf :censored: k continues.

I think if we've learned anything here it's that Ford has not put a plan together to coordinate much of anything, let alone deliveries. Striping seems to be the bottleneck and who knows how the jobber is handling those. The clusterf :censored: k continues.

yep, that about says it all

You have to remember that production started in June...and may run until about.....I'm guessing....July or August of 2007 (for the '07 MY). Therefore, a September production date is approximately 20-25% of the way through the full year production run. It does seem a LITTLE early to me, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Dave

You have to remember that production started in June...and may run until about.....I'm guessing....July or August of 2007 (for the '07 MY). Therefore, a September production date is approximately 20-25% of the way through the full year production run. It does seem a LITTLE early to me, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Dave

NO, NO, NO......Mustang model year end changes start at the beginning of June so the last 2007 Shelby would be made the last week of May, right before their Memorial Day holiday.

NO, NO, NO......Mustang model year end changes start at the beginning of June so the last 2007 Shelby would be made the last week of May, right before their Memorial Day holiday.

Like I said CWHR...I was GUESSING...thanks for the correction. Given your updated info, September production is then more like 25-30% of the way through the production run. I'm just giving an estimate...geesh.

Dave

My dealer called me this past Monday with good news. He received a build date of August 14 for my Shelby. Small dealer too but apparently well connected or just lucky. Expected delivery is 1st week of Sept. probaby because it is a truck delivery). I too am hibernating the car for the upcomin Ohio winter but expect to be driving my GT500 for a couple of months anyway. Sadly driving a Honda Civic in the winter just to get me around.

My dealer called me this past Monday with good news. He received a build date of August 14 for my Shelby. Small dealer too but apparently well connected or just lucky. Expected delivery is 1st week of Sept. probaby because it is a truck delivery). I too am hibernating the car for the upcomin Ohio winter but expect to be driving my GT500 for a couple of months anyway. Sadly driving a Honda Civic in the winter just to get me around.

Just put a bumper sticker on it that says...."My other car is a Shelby GT500" I think they'll understand

gt50035------where in ohio are you????

We just returned from a trip to cedar point and noticed a dealership in sheffield and one in sandusky.

Where are you getting yours from???

My dealer called me today. I am first on a list for the 2008 model year they were origially getting three gt500,s. the dealer told me ford allocated one more gt500 for 2007, so i am next in line. the dealer has recieved and delivered one gt500 already the other three including mine are on order they dont have vin#,s yet. i dont know when to expect the car. the dealer said it would be months away. i called svt they told me they will be producing gt500,s until may of 2007. The dealer is still getting 10k above msrp so i dont think i can afford the car but ill see when the time comes .Fyi HAGERTY collector car insurance also offers collector financing for new cars also i called them. the rates are kinda high but they offer long terms which may be an option for some of us to get the payment down each month it hurts in the long run with the interest though.I may waight longer for 2008 for the prices to drop hopefully :wacko: major case of psds

Archived