TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone looking for a GT-H

hertzworld

2006 Shelby GT-H #82 is for sale!

All SAI documentation is present.

$47,995 is asking price.

Contact me at 360-457-3333 or sales@pricefordlm.com

Mark Ostroot

TOO MUCH MONEY FOR THAT CAR AND IF YOU HAVE ALL SAI DOCS. THAT MEANS YOU ARE THE FIRST REGISTERED OWNER WHICH HURTS THE FIRST RETAIL BUYER. NOT A SMART MOVE :rolleyes:

:lol:

I would agree . . . no matter how "excellent" the condition, that price rivals what dealers were asking when the GT-H first came out. Unless you're selling it to a wide receiver, I don't think there is anything special about being #82. :)

EVEN JASON WITTEN #82 OF THE COWBOYS WOULDNT PAY THAT MUCH FOR YOUR GT-H. NUMBER MATCHING OR NOT

32 to 38K is what the going rate will be untill the last of the hard tops are privatley owned.then you will see an abrupt increase in intrest from collectors.5 years from today the cars will hold 50k for good specimens.the GT-H is the first REAL shelby made in 41 years so hang on to them someone will be looking for one in the near future and the price will be up to US :D less than 500 exist and anyone on this board who says your asking to much needs to shut his piehole.this is the same guy ten years from now that will be selling his shelby GT-H for 50k I will bet money on it.as we have seen in the last ten years shelby mustangs no matter the year or condition command a premium.

the GT-H is the first REAL shelby made in 41 years
That puts you back to 1966. I guess the 1967 GT350 and GT500 were not real. I guess the 1986/87 GLH-S and the 1987-89 CSX were not real. I guess the 1990 Can-Am was not real. I guess that the 1999 Series 1 was not real. I guess the 4000 series Cobras being built the last 12 years are not real.

Thank you for clearing that up.

robin

Robin......You probably know this, Think he's refering to the cars built with "Shelby Hands" . that would also include the 67's.

I'm guessing we're referring to "Shelby built" Mustangs. That's my take and that's why I bought mine.....the GT-H represents the first real Shelby Mustang produced in almost 4 decades. Sure new GT500s are faster, but I got GT-H #286 of the Shelby Mustang revival. That means something to me. Of course my therapist might make the case that my mom making me sell my 68 GT500 for next to nothing in 1976 when I left for college and I waited all these years to be able to afford another Shelby Mustang might have something to do with jumping on the GT-Hs as soon as they were available.

No disrespect to any of the current Shelby Mustang offerings...they are all outstanding.

Robin......You probably know this, Think he's refering to the cars built with "Shelby Hands" . that would also include the 67's.
And the other cars I mentioned and several more that I did not list.

The first "REAL Shelby" comment in 41 years is inaccurate. It should say, "The GT-H is the first REAL Shelby-Hertz made in 41 years". Although other Shelbys were rented out by Hertz, only the 1966 GT350H and the 2006/7 GT-H have a Hertz identity.

robin

IMO there is a bit more here than just being the first Shelby-Hertz since the 60's.

I completely agree that there has been plenty of other Shelby cars built in the past 4 decades as Robin has detailed below. However, the president of SAI herself has been quoted as saying that the GT-H is the "first Shelby Mustang in 40 years". The "first Mustang" comment is the key here, as we all have acknowledged plenty of activity since the initial heyday of Shelby. I also agree that the 40 years may be a rounded number for the sake of verbal cleanliness in the press. Nevertheless, the GT-H is recognized as a milestone car in the Ford-Shelby collaboration.

Hair splitting details aside, I bought my car because of the great look, great history, and great name!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived