TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuel Pump Fix

just-larry

FYI........there is a Ford recall/factory issue with some fuel pumps on all 2006 Mustangs. The sympton is a severe hesitation in throttle response after a "spirited driving experience". According to Ford, the fuel pump inlet can be blocked by a foaming effect and not pick up fuel for a moment or two. This is fixed under warranty with a new fuel pump. (its easily done as pump is accessed thru a panel on fuel tank behind rear seat, no need to pull the tank). :)

regards, Just-Larry

• 2 weeks later...

FYI........there is a Ford recall/factory issue with some fuel pumps on all 2006 Mustangs. The sympton is a severe hesitation in throttle response after a "spirited driving experience". According to Ford, the fuel pump inlet can be blocked by a foaming effect and not pick up fuel for a moment or two. This is fixed under warranty with a new fuel pump. (its easily done as pump is accessed thru a panel on fuel tank behind rear seat, no need to pull the tank). :)

regards, Just-Larry

JUST HAD MINE DONE THIS PAST WEEKEND, ALSO THE DEALER CHANGED A BUNCH OF SEAT SWITCH COVERS AND TOOK A PICTURE OF THE WORN STEERING WHEEL, MAY GET A NEW ONE SOON, ALL WARRANTY.

regards, Just-Larry

Was your car having this problem or is Ford just replacing all pumps ? Also, has anyone experienced the limited slip rear end groining sound while turning at low speeds? There is a TSB fix.

John

Was your car having this problem or is Ford just replacing all pumps ? Also, has anyone experienced the limited slip rear end groining sound while turning at low speeds? There is a TSB fix.

John

Funny this thread should come up...I did hear this last night and wondered what it was. It was rather subtle, but it didn't make any sense to me as to where it could come from. I had put 1000 miles on the car and didn't hear it until last night going slowly through the neighborhood making somewhat sharp turns. Does anyone have an idea what the TSB repairs?

Funny this thread should come up...I did hear this last night and wondered what it was. It was rather subtle, but it didn't make any sense to me as to where it could come from. I had put 1000 miles on the car and didn't hear it until last night going slowly through the neighborhood making somewhat sharp turns. Does anyone have an idea what the TSB repairs?

I am bringing the car in in two weeks to have the clutch packs replaced as per the TSB. I think this is common, since the dealer stocks the part!!!!

John

John

The car did experience this hesitation about 4 times in 2 weeks, thats how I found out about the recall fix.

Archived