TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Near accident

Crucible

My SGT is a daily driver and on the way to work this morning a young lady (I use the term loosely) was talking on her cell phone while applying makeup and only noticed at the last minute that the car in front of her was stopped. So she yanks the wheel to the left without looking to see if anyone was there (me). How my front air dam cleared the curb, I'll never know, but I hit the brakes and drove up onto the sidewalk.

My SGT is a daily driver and on the way to work this morning a young lady (I use the term loosely) was talking on her cell phone while applying makeup and only noticed at the last minute that the car in front of her was stopped. So she yanks the wheel to the left without looking to see if anyone was there (me). How my front air dam cleared the curb, I'll never know, but I hit the brakes and drove up onto the sidewalk.

And the only reason there was not an accident is that some drivers on the road actually pay attention to what they are doing and, thank goodness for you, to what the, how shall I say it, "less skilled" drivers are doing or not doing (like paying attention).

Nice job of doing what needed to be done and having a car that could respond perfectly to your commands at a time when there was no time or room for anything less. We sure do not want any more photos of damaged Shelbys on the Forum. Jim

Buy 'em books, send 'em to school and all they do is eat the pages.

Some people are just clueless and will go through life always that way!

I bet she just hurried on....

Did you at get a license plate and report her although this day and age it doesn't do any good anymore.

To finish the story, I threw it into nutural, yanked on the emergency brake, got out and started pounding on her window and said something like, " What the *@!& is your major malfunction, you stupid &$^#." She just looked at me with the cell phone in one hand and the lipstick in the other and just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Sorry".

It was all I could do to not bust out laughing when I saw her face. She had a lipstick smear from the corner of her mouth up to her ear.

Still, the thought of getting into an accident because of multi-tasking drivers who got their license out of a Cracker Jack box really p****s me off.

I wish someone would invent a cell phone zapping device we could point at the offensive drivers who would rather talk than drive.

The device would cause the perps cell phone to explode, sending melted plastic into their brain. Hopefully, the injury would target the part of the brain that stimulates common sense.

I think all cell phones should be able to be called by dialing the license plate of the owner-I've had a couple who wouldn't have liked the call I gave them!!

Archived