TEAM SHELBY FORUM

18 x 10 American Racing -polished

clawsonbob

My local Discount Tire dealer checked with his distributer. He said American Racing would make me a pair of 18x10 rear wheels , in polished alum, to match our stock (on white sgt's) polished 18x9s. Quote was $400 each and about 4-6 weeks. I am wondering if there's enough interest to get a "batch" made at a better price. Question is how many of you would buy these at $400 or less ? Thanks

My local Discount Tire dealer checked with his distributer. He said American Racing would make me a pair of 18x10 rear wheels , in polished alum, to match our stock (on white sgt's) polished 18x9s. Quote was $400 each and about 4-6 weeks. I am wondering if there's enough interest to get a "batch" made at a better price. Question is how many of you would buy these at $400 or less ? Thanks

i would be interested if they can do some in black! :D

What size tire are you contemplating for the rear if you go with 10" wheels? Jim

Hey I started down the same path about a month ago with Discount Tire but since I'm only using the 18 x 10's for drag radials (dry road/track only) I wound up going a differnet route.

I'm surprised that American Racing doesn't make the polished Torq-Thrust wheels with the right offset and backspacing (45mm, 7 1/14") as one of their standard items. They make the chrome and black versions but I was looking for the polished also to match my front wheels (on a black SGT).

If they will give you a break on a second pair of polished 18x 10 wheels I might be interested. I may upgrade the back to 18x10's for my daily driver wheels.

Let me know...

By the way, since you a a biker nut also, the last project in my garage (before the SGT) was a custom Pro-Street V-twin that I build from the frame up.

Here's some pics:

post-5172-1147385733_thumb.jpg post-5172-1147386042_thumb.jpg post-2983-1147397635_thumb.jpg

American Racing also makes the 18 x 10's in Chrome, Black, and Anthracite. It's the polished ones that we are looking for that nobody seems to have (unless you custom order $$$).

http://www.americanracing.com/browse_carroll_thrust.asp

If you got the 10" for the back and did it in chrome, would you have the 9" in front? If so, would those be the ones with a 34mm offset and 6 1/3" backspacing? Thanks. Jim

Hey I started down the same path about a month ago with Discount Tire but since I'm only using the 18 x 10's for drag radials (dry road/track only) I wound up going a differnet route.

I'm surprised that American Racing doesn't make the polished Torq-Thrust wheels with the right offset and backspacing (45mm, 7 1/14") as one of their standard items. They make the chrome and black versions but I was looking for the polished also to match my front wheels (on a black SGT).

If they will give you a break on a second pair of polished 18x 10 wheels I might be interested. I may upgrade the back to 18x10's for my daily driver wheels.

Let me know...

By the way, since you a a biker nut also, the last project in my garage (before the SGT) was a custom Pro-Street V-twin that I build from the frame up.

Here's some pics:

post-5172-1147385733_thumb.jpg post-5172-1147386042_thumb.jpg post-2983-1147397635_thumb.jpg

Cudafly

I will get a price on say ten sets of the rears 18x10, std offset and see whats the interest level

thats a great looking Pro-Street, perfect rake/stance/bar height...I have thought about doing a kit "bike-in -a-box" a billion times, never found one I liked. Thought of building from scratch , found a few frames that would work, but also didnt want the headache of sourcing every spacer/nut/bolt. was yours a roller kit or how did you piece together ? looks like an S & S motor ? what size rear wheel/tire you running ?

thanks

bob

What size tire are you contemplating for the rear if you go with 10" wheels? Jim

275 or 285/40s will fit on the wheel, not sure if the 285s will clear the (lowered) fender...anyone know fer sure ??

thanks

Hey Bob, are you gong with the big brake kit? I thought you had the S/C and if so figured you would go to those brakes. If not what did you go with? Did you stay stock?

Webba,

Better brakes are still a necessity...more than ever ...with SC spooled up, boost does not dissipate quickley ( car still goes fast when you let off throttle). I am just looking for a quick & easy way ( buying rear wheels/tires only) to get some traction on the street while I sort out last of mods. I am also hearing some conflicting info about what brakes fit what wheels so I thought I would try and find some larger rear wheels/tires until I get it all squared away...I still have gauges on back order, stripes /scoop to replace and all of the chicago winter to fiddle with the above.

def need better brakes

275 is the largest tire our cars will fit in the rear.

I have heard 275s are the largest that will fit ( from a few fellows) but I saw a 07 GT500 last week, stock wheels & tires on back.....were 285/ 40/ 18s. I know the car sits a bit higher than sgts, but looked to be enough romm ( by the seat of my pants/eyball highly accurate guess-o-meter)

anybody tried 285s 40s 18s ????????

My local Discount Tire dealer checked with his distributer. He said American Racing would make me a pair of 18x10 rear wheels , in polished alum, to match our stock (on white sgt's) polished 18x9s.

I have a '08 coupe and was reading the paperwork that came with it and that paperwork says that the wheels are 8.5" all around. Were the '07's really 9"? Jim

I have a '08 coupe and was reading the paperwork that came with it and that paperwork says that the wheels are 8.5" all around. Were the '07's really 9"? Jim

Jim,

I had been thinking all along they were 9's

I am not not sure where/ what led me to believe they were 19x9s on front ?? what docs are you looking at ( i will check same with my o7)

thanks..we will get this figgered out

bob

Jim,

I had been thinking all along they were 9's

I am not not sure where/ what led me to believe they were 19x9s on front ?? what docs are you looking at ( i will check same with my o7)

thanks..we will get this figgered out

bob

Not 19x9s but 18x8.5s. I am looking at my "Shelby GT Supplement" owner's manual, page 12, where it says "Wheels and Tires." There it says "18 x 8.5 in. Aluminum Multispoke." Let me know what you find out. Thanks. Jim

Not 19x9s but 18x8.5s. I am looking at my "Shelby GT Supplement" owner's manual, page 12, where it says "Wheels and Tires." There it says "18 x 8.5 in. Aluminum Multispoke." Let me know what you find out. Thanks. Jim

Thanks Jim...I suspect you are right and mine are same. Will check tonight. Somewhere along the line I got 9s in my head. Either way, I still want 10s. On rear. With my mods the traction on stock tires is an issue. Thanks ...have you posted any pics yet ? I am eager to see good shots of the vista blue sgts. Thanks

Thanks Jim...I suspect you are right and mine are same. Will check tonight. Somewhere along the line I got 9s in my head. Either way, I still want 10s. On rear. With my mods the traction on stock tires is an issue. Thanks ...have you posted any pics yet ? I am eager to see good shots of the vista blue sgts. Thanks

Hi Bob,

Yes, I have posted photos. You can find them here: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=2590 Jim

Hi Bob,

Yes, I have posted photos. You can find them here: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=2590 Jim

Jim, the color , the scoop and them fancy new sill plates...all look fabulous ! great photos of your car....thanks for sharing

Archived