TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Hood Pins Installed (pics)

Mustang Lover

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Darn it!

I too like Black on Black. Having already installed the new billet silver ones, it should be easy to just swap out the face plate.

Quit it guys (and gals). Will have to resolve to avoid this site for at least 24 hours in 08. It's getting???? expensive. Just recieved my autodimming/homelite/compass/OAT/swiss army knife mirror (thank you Skip) install is planned for this weekend, got my sequentials and new dead pedal installed last nite. Anxiously following the 18" wheel and big brake debates for next year....

At some point I guess it's only money :huh:

Take care all and Happy Holidays

Todd

csm1638

Darn it!

I too like Black on Black. Having already installed the new billet silver ones, it should be easy to just swap out the face plate.

Quit it guys (and gals). Will have to resolve to avoid this site for at least 24 hours in 08. It's getting???? expensive. Just recieved my autodimming/homelite/compass/OAT/swiss army knife mirror (thank you Skip) install is planned for this weekend, got my sequentials and new dead pedal installed last nite. Anxiously following the 18" wheel and big brake debates for next year....

At some point I guess it's only money :huh:

Take care all and Happy Holidays

Todd

csm1638

Yeah thats what I keep telling my wife :D I still try to sleep with one eye open in case she tries to plug the hole in our bank account with a bullet :blink: :D

They are the same. Everything should line up but you will need to bend the pin bracket to line up and there is a right way and wrong way for the bases to be installed that are under the billet cover. You should have not issues unless you have the CS Hertz hood.

Ross,

I have the CS6 hood. What are the differences I need to be aware of when installing the new billet pins? I haven't started this project yet but plan to tackle it sometime this winter. Do they line up differently? Do I have to make the holes bigger? Thanks,

Dave

stump...did u get those lock pins installed?

Oh man, I forgot all about this.

Yes I got them installed and I like the clean look a whole lot better. Plus they're useful as they actually work.

One problem with the install though it the curvature of the hood required a bit of modification to the lock pins underneath.

I'll take some time to get some pics up this weekend. The car is locked up in the barn under it's cover currently....

Ross,

I have the CS6 hood. What are the differences I need to be aware of when installing the new billet pins? I haven't started this project yet but plan to tackle it sometime this winter. Do they line up differently? Do I have to make the holes bigger? Thanks,

Dave

Dave, it did take a little modification. Send me an e-mail and I will send you the pictures of the install. There are 2 areas that will need some work. The opeining in the hood and bending of the brackets due to the hood countour. Not a big deal but it does take a little time.

Roger

Dave, it did take a little modification. Send me an e-mail and I will send you the pictures of the install. There are 2 areas that will need some work. The opeining in the hood and bending of the brackets due to the hood countour. Not a big deal but it does take a little time.

Roger

Thanks Roger, I just sent you a PM with my e-mail address.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

They look great! I just received mine in the mail yesterday. I'll have them on this weekend.

Thanks for the pic.

Which ones did you get? I ordered mine (aluminum w/"Shelby" engraving) 3 days ago and was told they were back ordered for about 3 weeks. :angry: Was hoping to get them sooner then that but looks like I may have to wait.

Archived