TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Hood Pins Installed (pics)

Mustang Lover

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen the ones on the new Shelby GT??? I noticed it said "Shelby GT" instead of just "Shelby". Those would be very cool to get. B)

Thats why I will not get them unless they say Shelby GT. If you know what I mean. It just says aftermarket if you get the ones that say "just" SHELBY. BUT if you get ones that say SHELBY GT, that says "SAI INSTALLED ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT". Those are the ones I want.

Has anyone seen the ones on the new Shelby GT??? I noticed it said "Shelby GT" instead of just "Shelby". Those would be very cool to get. B)

Thats why I will not get them unless they say Shelby GT. If you know what I mean. It just says aftermarket if you get the ones that say "just" SHELBY. BUT if you get ones that say SHELBY GT, that says "SAI INSTALLED ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT". Those are the ones I want.

I already asked about those and Amy said those are exclusively for the 08's so I ordered these because they look much better than the ones it came with. If they change their minds later on I would also get the ones that say Shelby GT .

i just got in the black version of the shelby billet pin set, but not installed yet, i have blk car and hope they look as great as the stainless ones do on the car above.

fyi order the black ones from hill bank auto sports in irvine, $94.35 plus tax. its the whole kit as if installing hood pins for the first time

5S3Z-6316892-BK (Shelby Black Anodized)

fyi order the black ones from hill bank auto sports in irvine, $94.35 plus tax. its the whole kit as if installing hood pins for the first time

5S3Z-6316892-BK (Shelby Black Anodized)

I just went to their web site and noticed the BLACK ones are on back order with no definate time of shipment.

I already asked about those and Amy said those are exclusively for the 08's so I ordered these because they look much better than the ones it came with. If they change their minds later on I would also get the ones that say Shelby GT .

That is correct. The Shelby GT ones are exclusive to the 08's but I had the regular Shelby ones put on my car. I think they look a lot better, and as long as they were installed at SAI I hope I won't get deducted any points at car shows....

:o

I just went to their web site and noticed the BLACK ones are on back order with no definate time of shipment.

that just means they have none in their warehouse, just call and order one they have it shipped in few days from vegas and they get it next day, i got mine in 4 days, picked it up today. will put in this weekend after i get car back from body shop having side mirrors painted to match the car

just ordered the "Shelby" hood pins...i'm gettin tired of lookin at the ones that came with the car with dented face plates...i hate when someone opens hoods without removing pins....

these new pins look like they are more durable and maybe they wont bend if some Goober mechanic forgets to undo them before poppin the hood.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of getting these new Shelby hood pins also and was wondering if it had the same diameter and bolt pattern as the original/stock pins that come with the car.

They are the same. Everything should line up but you will need to bend the pin bracket to line up and there is a right way and wrong way for the bases to be installed that are under the billet cover. You should have not issues unless you have the CS Hertz hood.

Maybe get another set. I know $$. But if you bend the pins forward a bit they will clear the plates. I also used the new pins that came with the kit. Did have to drill out the rivets from the old ones, but reused the stainless screws from the old plates.

Archived