TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCT Tuning From Brenspeed

07SGT4578

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion. I am still buying it. I want this because of what it gives me. Saving $30 isnt going to effect my decision. And for those that have an issue with no discount think if it this way. Im your boss and I say to you "look I'm going to take $2 an hour away from you because Im giving you 8 hours of work instead of 5". You would have a bird now wouldnt ya??! You get what you pay for. If you dont want guys like Brenspeed moving to china to make a living then support a good company. If you cant because of the $$ or you have an issue fine but dont complain about how he does his business. Its America. Go start your own. My 2 cents :)

Here 's the way I see it , if the only mod you plan on doing is this tune , then yeah it may not be the best deal or you may be able to get a tune somewhere else for $ 20.00 cheaper . For those who may put on a few more mods requiring future tunes its a deal . But if you have to pay someone else another 75.00 + for another tune if you decided to get headers and another $75.00 later to get the intake delete plates or an aftermarket TB then as you can see its a better deal . Someone else may give it to you cheaper up front , but what about a re tune down the road ? Brenspeed does not charge for an upgraded tune as long as you buy the parts from them , that is where the value is , just my 2 cents.

Here 's the way I see it , if the only mod you plan on doing is this tune , then yeah it may not be the best deal or you may be able to get a tune somewhere else for $ 20.00 cheaper . For those who may put on a few more mods requiring future tunes its a deal . But if you have to pay someone else another 75.00 + for another tune if you decided to get headers and another $75.00 later to get the intake delete plates or an aftermarket TB then as you can see its a better deal . Someone else may give it to you cheaper up front , but what about a re tune down the road ? Brenspeed does not charge for an upgraded tune as long as you buy the parts from them , that is where the value is , just my 2 cents.

I realize that everybody wants a deal!Know this,The SGT takes a little more work thanks to the FRPP tune,He is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!Go see what the tuner costs,With just the basic SCT tune and compare!I don't know of any one else out ther that has addressed the specific needs of the SGT!Yes,If you look at it as 6Hp for $375,Sounds like a crappy deal,But again the max Hp up grade on stock cars is not the issue that Brenspeed addresses,It's the driveability that is greatly enhanced.These are great little motors,Key word being little!Ford does not leave a lot on the table with the FRPP tune,How much can you really expect from 281 CID without mods!Sorry about the rant but it seems some people are missing the point of THIS PARTICULAR TUNE,Not max HP,Increased driveability.Plus the guy has to make money!See what else is available for the SGT,Then you will see!IF you are after max HP,And don't care about driveability,Ask them they have a tune for 95 octane race gas also!

I am still thinking about the tuner and possibly other parts but like I have said before, I really am not a gearhead. I don't want to void the warranty, but I would like to mod my car a little. I am asking some of you guys that know more than me to help me out on making a smart decision. Thank you all

I am still thinking about the tuner and possibly other parts but like I have said before, I really am not a gearhead. I don't want to void the warranty, but I would like to mod my car a little. I am asking some of you guys that know more than me to help me out on making a smart decision. Thank you all

Its strickly up to you , I did it and I love it plus now when I upgrade to headers and cams and other mods down the road all my tunes are free . The SGT comes with a tune on it already so If for some reason you have to flash it back , your not flashing back a stock GT tune but the SGT tune , so do you really think they will catch that :rolleyes:

Its strickly up to you , I did it and I love it plus now when I upgread to headers and cams and other mods down the road all my tunes are free . The SGT comes with a tune on it already so If for some reason you have to flash it back , your not flashing back a stock GT tune but the SGT tune , so do you really think they will catch that :rolleyes:

Thanks, I just don't want to get into trouble. I am thinking of a few other minor mods and if I buy it will probably be from brenspeed

Its strickly up to you , I did it and I love it plus now when I upgrade to headers and cams and other mods down the road all my tunes are free . The SGT comes with a tune on it already so If for some reason you have to flash it back , your not flashing back a stock GT tune but the SGT tune , so do you really think they will catch that :rolleyes:

how do you flash it back? i want to get an elbow but could not find the item on brenspeed web site

how do you flash it back? i want to get an elbow but could not find the item on brenspeed web site

It saves the tune that is in it when you download the new tune , so then when you hook it up again it would ask you" Return To Stock" which in our case is the SGT original performance tune . When you call for the tune just say your from the Shelby site tell then you want the elbow deal , tell them to ask Brent he knows about it . I sent them an e-mail back telling them some people are interested .

+ 1 and well stated

I've had my time at bat with this issue, and I have had my share of "tuners" experimenting on my automobile.

The Shelby GT is a unique automoblie, and IMHO, if any tuner mentioned here does not have a "sample/test bed" stock Shelby GT on hand, I would be very cautious.

Sure...We all want more. But, not at our expense, right? But, remember that "tune it and you own it", as I was once told, came to be true. Mess with the factory numbers and you will stand alone. All by yourself, not one of these screen names have your back.

If you truly feel that there is something wrong with with your SGT/FRP tune, get it fixed through Shelbly/FRP. However, if you just want something more, be advised that you are on your own.

Been there, did this. Trust me, messing with the factory programming is fatal in the long run.

Yes...They can "see and tell" when the factory programming has been flashed, or, "chipped", and see every detail.

We lost that protection in '03

Be safe,

Mac.

I hear your words of CAUTION.

It would be another story if Ford were providing the tuner, installing the tune, Steeda elbow, underdrive pulley, and our 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranties were not effected.

Someday we may all know Fords response to a blown engine in an SGT that had an aftermarket tune. It seems like gambling your car to risk your warranty on a gain of 6 rwhp.

Today the market is tight for auto companies. I was told that not long ago a warranty was good even if your engine failed after the customer installed headers.

The SGT owners that did the upgrade, but may not have jeopardized their warranty, are those who paid SAI $13,000 for the supercharger, big brakes, big wheels, tires, and guage pod.

I'll skip it. I am not planning other mods now or later.

Also, the group purchase was intended to get a lower price, if that is not available, I am not now saying the tune isnt worth it, I am saying, we tried for a lower group price and were turned down, I am no longer interested.

dido !!!!!!!!!! well said !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

If we keep saying we would buy it either way we don't have much negotiating room if they read this forum. I think a lot of sales will be lost if they don't work some kind of a deal out. There is no urgency if we are getting the single unit deal. Some of us already have an elbow and don't need anything else. Who feels confident in their negotiating skills? I agree they must be saving something loading the same tune in that many units. Who wants to make them an offer for X units? $300, see what they will do.

exactly my point !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

CHEAP ONE FOR $109 BECAUSE Carbon list is $199

yes the 109 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

My opinion. I am still buying it. I want this because of what it gives me. Saving $30 isnt going to effect my decision. And for those that have an issue with no discount think if it this way. Im your boss and I say to you "look I'm going to take $2 an hour away from you because Im giving you 8 hours of work instead of 5". You would have a bird now wouldnt ya??! You get what you pay for. If you dont want guys like Brenspeed moving to china to make a living then support a good company. If you cant because of the $$ or you have an issue fine but dont complain about how he does his business. Its America. Go start your own. My 2 cents :)

dont give in yet !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It saves the tune that is in it when you download the new tune , so then when you hook it up again it would ask you" Return To Stock" which in our case is the SGT original performance tune . When you call for the tune just say your from the Shelby site tell then you want the elbow deal , tell them to ask Brent he knows about it . I sent them an e-mail back telling them some people are interested .

you should have because i think most of the people either changed their minds or are gonna hold out and see if we can get a deal or not ????? :rolleyes:

I've had my time at bat with this issue, and I have had my share of "tuners" experimenting on my automobile.

The Shelby GT is a unique automoblie, and IMHO, if any tuner mentioned here does not have a "sample/test bed" stock Shelby GT on hand, I would be very cautious.

Sure...We all want more. But, not at our expense, right? But, remember that "tune it and you own it", as I was once told, came to be true. Mess with the factory numbers and you will stand alone. All by yourself, not one of these screen names have your back.

If you truly feel that there is something wrong with with your SGT/FRP tune, get it fixed through Shelbly/FRP. However, if you just want something more, be advised that you are on your own.

Been there, did this. Trust me, messing with the factory programming is fatal in the long run.

Yes...They can "see and tell" when the factory programming has been flashed, or, "chipped", and see every detail.

We lost that protection in '03

Be safe,

Mac.

Wondering if you could give us a little more detail on your experience?

Frankie for me it is like this. I want tne tune for what it will do for the car. Not because I am going to save $30. If the $30 difference is going to sway me then I didnt need it to begin with is my feelings. So I will be buying mine this week. Ill let you guys know how it is when its installed.

Frankie for me it is like this. I want tne tune for what it will do for the car. Not because I am going to save $30. If the $30 difference is going to sway me then I didnt need it to begin with is my feelings. So I will be buying mine this week. Ill let you guys know how it is when its installed.

I understand you on where your coming from and i too will prob. end up buying the tune ( but not yet ) ive desided to wait because i was kinda undesided at first then with the group i figured it would be better to get with discount then paying full price " discount is always better" now that i'll have to pay full price i can do that anytime i want !!!!!!!!!! :D

I wish i would have been the one who called brenspeed in the first place ( no offence to you guys who called or emailed them on this ) but i didnt drive my Shelby of the showroom floor for 36k with 7year 70k , guide point , gt500 spoiler , perma plating , interior/exterior coverage for scratches or rips , gap insurance , primum maitnence packege,3 sets of raiders and 3 sets of sharks tics because i dont know how to talk to someone !!!!!!!!!!!

I understand you on where your coming from and i too will prob. end up buying the tune ( but not yet ) ive desided to wait because i was kinda undesided at first then with the group i figured it would be better to get with discount then paying full price " discount is always better" now that i'll have to pay full price i can do that anytime i want !!!!!!!!!! :D

I wish i would have been the one who called brenspeed in the first place ( no offence to you guys who called or emailed them on this ) but i didnt drive my Shelby of the showroom floor for 36k with 7year 70k , guide point , gt500 spoiler , perma plating , interior/exterior coverage for scratches or rips , gap insurance , primum maitnence packege,3 sets of raiders and 3 sets of sharks tics because i dont know how to talk to someone !!!!!!!!!!!

Man did I get hosed then! I paid $36k and I got heated seats. oh and i got 6 months of free Sirius which I thought was kinda nice to throw in.

Archived