TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCT Tuning From Brenspeed

07SGT4578

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go to the top of the web page and i believe their are 4 pages to this topic. go to the first page and you will find the list of everyone.

I didn't realize that original list was being updated. Thanks.

OK. here is a list of poeple interested in a possible group purchase on a SCT tuner from Brenspeed. if you are interested add your name to this list. Of course this is all still preliminary as I have not talked to Brenspeen as of yet. The regular price of this SGT tuner is $379.00 with free shipping.

LIST:

DRHVAC

Shelby-Don

Frankieboo69

Webba

MattChicago

--H

Torquewrench1807

VEGASTY

jaksjerky

07SGT0547 (2)

Mywickedshelby

SHELBY0264

UNO (?)

Shelbydream1 (?)

Please add me.......

Pagerart

While I'm no tuning expert, and have never had a car of my own on a dyno, ever... I do understand the dyno graph (see attachment) from another post and how it relates to the increased "driveability" of the Brenspeed Tune VS the SAI Tune...

As you can see in the highlighted box, both the red HP & TQ curves are much "smoother" when compared to the baseline blue ones... And while the overall HP & TQ gains throughout the rest of the dyno run, are almost identical... The part under 2,000 RPM where we do all our initial take-offs, shifting and "cruising" look, at least on paper, to offer a much more enjoyable ride...

And for what it is worth, I'll probably order TWO tuners... Just so I can do the same thing to the wife's 2006 V-6 Mustang :D

Enjoy!

07SGT0547

I received an e-mail this morning thanking me for my tuning order and asking me to tell any friends I may have . I sent a reply back telling them about the group purchase and the number of people interested in their tune here is the reply I received .

Hi Gary,

I can’t discount tuning but I can for sure discount additional parts. We could do something like you can add an intake elbow or underdrive pulleys at a discounted price. Here are a couple packages…

$449 Brenspeed Custom Tuned Xcal2 and Steeda Inlet Pipe ($40 savings)

$529 Brenpseed Custom Tuned Xcal2 and Steeda Underdrive Pulleys ($50 savings)

$589 Brenspeed Custom Tuned Xcal2, Steeda Pulleys, and Steeda Inlet ($60 savings)

The $589 package would be a killer package for the money. We can waive any handling fee’s and also have free shipping for the group buy if you are interested.

Brenspeed is currently having a very high volume of e-mails. Please expect a delayed response during this time or call 574.594.9559 for faster assistance.

Brent White

http://www.brenspeed.com

Visit Brenspeed.com For Fast Free Shipping & CUSTOM TUNING!

Visit our Brenspeed.com showroom and dyno facility in Indiana for all your mustang needs.

Stocking warehouse for Pypes, C&L, Bassani, BBK, Spec, Steeda, BMR, SCT, Motive Gear, Saleen, Tokico, SLP, Mac, JLT, and more!

I received an e-mail this morning thanking me for my tuning order and asking me to tell any friends I may have . I sent a reply back telling them about the group purchase and the number of people interested in their tune here is the reply I received .

Hi Gary,

I can’t discount tuning but I can for sure discount additional parts. We could do something like you can add an intake elbow or underdrive pulleys at a discounted price. Here are a couple packages…

$449 Brenspeed Custom Tuned Xcal2 and Steeda Inlet Pipe ($40 savings)

$529 Brenpseed Custom Tuned Xcal2 and Steeda Underdrive Pulleys ($50 savings)

$589 Brenspeed Custom Tuned Xcal2, Steeda Pulleys, and Steeda Inlet ($60 savings)

The $589 package would be a killer package for the money. We can waive any handling fee’s and also have free shipping for the group buy if you are interested.

Brenspeed is currently having a very high volume of e-mails. Please expect a delayed response during this time or call 574.594.9559 for faster assistance.

Brent White

Visit our Brenspeed.com showroom and dyno facility in Indiana for all your mustang needs.

Stocking warehouse for Pypes, C&L, Bassani, BBK, Spec, Steeda, BMR, SCT, Motive Gear, Saleen, Tokico, SLP, Mac, JLT, and more!

Mustang Lover has it correct, Brenspeed will not discount their tuning as they give lifetime adjustments. I am still going to order one of these even at the full price but i will prob get the elbow too. Maybe even an axel back.

I also just got this back from him

No problem Gary and we are very flexible. Honestly if you can pretty much tell me at least 3 people will do it I will just let our sales guys know about the deal and leave it open for a month. You don’t really need to take names, provide us with lists, that is a lot of work for you. I just need you to let me know it’s a go and I can arrange it on our end. We want to help you all out and make it as easy as possible for both of us. Thanks for your support.

Brent White

Well, what do you guys think, anyone still interested? whatcha thinkin?

I also got this from them which I think is pretty cool

No problem Gary and we are very flexible. Honestly if you can pretty much tell me at least 3 people will do it I will just let our sales guys know about the deal and leave it open for a month. You don’t really need to take names, provide us with lists, that is a lot of work for you. I just need you to let me know it’s a go and I can arrange it on our end. We want to help you all out and make it as easy as possible for both of us. Thanks for your support.

Brent White

I'm not in for all that stuff right now !!!!!!! maybe some other time !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think you need to let him know he had close to 20 of them sold , and i think the sales manager could do something for just the tuner group !!!!!!!!!!!! I like the reviews everyony on here has been giving them , but if im not getting it at discount i think id be better off with something local !!!!!!!!! what a shame if it dont work out !!!!!!! :lol: i say we give them a list of all the people interested and let them see what there missing out on sales , maybe after a day or so they might get the go ahead from the higher ups!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I am going to pass because I am not ready to purchase the Steeda tube or the underdrive pulley. Friends that I go to for advise say $375 for a gain of 6 HP is too expensive.

Thanks for contacting Brenspeed and requesting a discount on the group purchase.

what the heck is a Steeda Underdrive Pulley? told ya i was newbie :), the steeda tube they mention is that the elbow?

Yes the tube is the elbow we were tallking about, the underdrive pulleys are replacement pulleys for the alt, crank, and an idler that reduce drag on the motor free-ing up some lost horses from parasitic drag from the stock belt and pulleys. Some kits come with a new belt, some dont require it. Im unsure of what all I will buy. I know I want the programmer, and I may order it alone.

I'm not so sure now. I am looking at just the numbers. 1 sale at $379 and make what $100 bucks or sell 10 at X price and make a grand. I am in sales and I'll take 10 or more new customers at a discount over giving a $25 dollar part that retails for $109 and selling it at $79 with the tuner. I am still thinking about it, but I don't know. This is the first car I have ever bought new, and have only had it for a month. I am looking to some of the more wise people for some direction.

$379.00 to our doors is really not a bad deal for what you get, including any updates you need for other parts you add in the future, if bought from them. If you think about it your gonna pay that much or more for a "canned" tune, this one is made just for our cars. Also, who cares how much it is as long as it allows you to enjoy your S H E L B Y more!

I can see their point on this:

Its hard in business to discount labor, the labor has to pay employee wages, any overhead like lights and water ect., blah blah blah they are prob close to giving the tuner away just so you will do business with them. id say 100 dollars max is for the tuner the rest is what they want for the tune.

$279.00 to our doors is really not a bad deal for what you get, including any updates you need for other parts you add in the future, if bought from them. If you think about it your gonna pay that much or more for a "canned" tune, this one is made just for our cars. Also, who cares how much it is as long as it allows you to enjoy your S H E L B Y more.

Are they gonna give them to us for 279.00 ???? if so i'm definetly in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D i thought they said no to the group purchase ??????????

I still plan on at least buying the tuner. Hell, if we decide to buy ANYTHING there again besides tuning they said just ask and they will give us a considerable discount for a group purchase. weather or not we buy it now or lator. I personally believe its worth every bit of what they want for it, I just thought what the hell lets give it a try and see what happens......it sure did not hurt to ask. at least we know that we can get a discount on other items. we would not have known that if we did not try for this.

I still plan on at least buying the tuner. Hell, if we decide to buy ANYTHING there again besides tuning they said just ask and they will give us a considerable discount for a group purchase. weather or not we buy it now or lator. I personally believe its worth every bit of what they want for it, I just thought what the hell lets give it a try and see what happens......it sure did not hurt to ask. at least we know that we can get a discount on other items. we would not have known that if we did not try for this.

Agreed

$379.00 to our doors is really not a bad deal for what you get, including any updates you need for other parts you add in the future, if bought from them. If you think about it your gonna pay that much or more for a "canned" tune, this one is made just for our cars. Also, who cares how much it is as long as it allows you to enjoy your S H E L B Y more!

I can see their point on this:

Its hard in business to discount labor, the labor has to pay employee wages, any overhead like lights and water ect., blah blah blah they are prob close to giving the tuner away just so you will do business with them. id say 100 dollars max is for the tuner the rest is what they want for the tune.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but....They wouldn't really be discounting labor-the standard SGT is probably done once then flashed to each tuner. They would do the work once to sell 1 tuner or 10+ tuners (and have probably already done that work and paid for the labor with their previous sales). I guess my biggest concern at this point is what if I had one of the odd-ball cars that just didn't run right (too rich or lean) post tune-I don't know of any dyno shops around here so I'd be pretty much up the creek so to speak.

If we keep saying we would buy it either way we don't have much negotiating room if they read this forum. I think a lot of sales will be lost if they don't work some kind of a deal out. There is no urgency if we are getting the single unit deal. Some of us already have an elbow and don't need anything else. Who feels confident in their negotiating skills? I agree they must be saving something loading the same tune in that many units. Who wants to make them an offer for X units? $300, see what they will do.

Archived