TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dyno run on SGT0099

mark1

Thanks to Ed’s post earlier in the week I had my car Dyno’ed today at DPR in San Diego. My expectations were based on the results that sgt#597 posted on 10-5-07 in

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?s=&...indpost&p=26089

I was initially disappointed as my max HP results were significantly lower than 507’s but I did not take into account that 507 has a manual trans whereas I have an auto.

DPR’s guidelines were 15% loss for manual trans cars and up to 30% for auto trans. If I use 319 for flywheel HP and my actual rwhp of 246.9, that is a loss of 22.6% hp. Has anyone seen seen any estimates for drivetrain loss with the 5 spd auto trans? Anyone else done a dyno on their auto SGT? Does this tell me anything? I know I can use it as a baseline for any future work I do to the car. I am considering a Brenspeed tune in the future.

Opinions welcome. (I know there are a lot of them here).

dyno-07sgt0099.jpg

Well, I wished i had known you were going....................

I did the cruise to Julian and then went home from there cause my daughter was getting antsy. If i had know, i would have been there to support ya man!!!

The auto is going to lose more to the rear wheels but, you can start bolting on stuff to make it up. The thing to remember is, In the end, its only numbers. Unless your a street racer or Track racer, it does not mean squat unless you want to prove your <Blank> is bigger then mine. :lol: You get on a nice twisty road on a nice sunny day and i will bet, you wont remember numbers.................

Enjoy your car...................... :)

• 1 month later...

Ditto to Ed S., but, I disagree with some other thoughts posted.

Drive line loss with a manual tranny is closer to 5% than 15%, and this is only from drivetrain "slack". Otherwise, a 3rd gear "pull" is more direct drive than anything else, once the driver torsions out the slack. Drive line loss from an auto is about 20%, and the dyno posted here seems on target. Also, remember to max out your tire PSI for the dyno, the numbers will be a tad more accurate

You auto drivers can address this with an improved torque converter. I recommend the "Stalion" from Precision Industries with a 3000 stall. (OEM is 2600) it's a 9" converter as opposed to the OEM 11", and weighs about half of that. It's torque converion is 2:53 to 1 over the OEM 1.91 to 1. It's not cheap, but it will reduce the drive line loss to almost 15%. Add an additional tranny cooler as well, I suggest the FRP kit M-7095-SR (under 50 bucks) made by B&M.

Just my .02C, carry on gents.

Based on all the dyno runs I seen (collected tons of them over the last 3 years), I have found a median ~12% drivetrain loss for manual GTs and ~18% for autos (dynojet dynos).

When I get home tomorrow and can access my spreadsheet, I can give you a more exact percentage.

Stock manual Mustang GTs median rwhp is 272rwhp. Manual SGT is ~279rwhp. Stock auto Mustang GT is 259rwhp. Cant' recall if I have any auto SGTs in my spreadsheet. Again these are dynojet median rwhp numbers.

Well, I wished i had known you were going....................

I did the cruise to Julian and then went home from there cause my daughter was getting antsy. If i had know, i would have been there to support ya man!!!

The auto is going to lose more to the rear wheels but, you can start bolting on stuff to make it up. The thing to remember is, In the end, its only numbers. Unless your a street racer or Track racer, it does not mean squat unless you want to prove your <Blank> is bigger then mine. :lol: You get on a nice twisty road on a nice sunny day and i will bet, you wont remember numbers.................

Enjoy your car...................... :)

Ed,

How much horsepower and torque would you say you added with the Brenspeed tune?

Try to remember that dynos differ,Time of day,Heat,Humidity makes a difference also.So if you were to run your car and the one that you compare it to on the same dyno,At roughly the same time,Short interval between and the conditions stayed the same,You would have a much fairer comparison between the two.Don't get caught up in the whole max figures thing,Best to see another dyno chart from an SGT auto and compares the curves,Bet they are a match except where they fall on the chart a far as the side barsTorque and Horsepower figures go.Im thinking there is a way to get your car into direct(4th)and lock the conveter ,But ask SGT MAC on this as I honestly don't know for sure.Numbers before and after adjustments are most critical.

Ed,

How much horsepower and torque would you say you added with the Brenspeed tune?

Maybe a couple hp and the torq is moved lower into the powerband.

The brenspeed tune is all about drivability and responce, not Hp. What it did for me was change it from a road car (Smooth) powerband to a more (Hotrod) one. The car accelerates much harder and it comes in lower in the powerband. It's like night and day. But don't expect some godly increase in Hp or Torq, because you already have that increase over stock when the Ford Racing Tune is installed at SAI.

Well I'm home now. Your's is the first auto SGT I've seen a dyno run for.

Here are the automatic stock mustang GT dynojet #s I have. Median rwhp is 259 and rwtq is 264.5

rwhp rwtq Dyno trans Stock/Mod

256 276 Dynojet Auto Stock

264 271 Dynojet Auto Stock

255 269 Dynojet Auto Stock

259 258 Dynojet Auto Stock

259 260 Dynojet Auto Stock

259 260 Dynojet Auto Stock

And here are the Manual SGTs I've collected data on:

Name rwhp, rwtq, trans, stock/Mod, Octane

SGT #0779 279 299 Stock 93 octane

CudaFly 281 300 Stock 93 octane

Ed S #571 276 298 Manual Stock 91 octane

Ed S #571 280 298 Manual Stock 91 octane

Lulu 276 302

SGT#507 275 293

Hi Guy's and Gals, :)

Here is a fresh one from this morning

Did a dyno on my SGT/SC this morning at JBA in San Diego.

2007 SGT/SC Paxton SC from Shelby, Automatic, 20" wheels, Stocked untouched Diablo tune from Shelby. Oil change at 500 Miles 1100 miles on the car.

MPH

RPM

RWHP

TQ Foot Lbs

TEMP

AIR/FUEL

VAC Boost

Max was 373 TQ

373.1 RWHP

He Calculated for HP 466.375,Shelby told me 475 HP and this is pretty darn close. :)

LAter,

Clink B)

Archived