TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great mileage

69dejavue

I picked my 07 WHITE Shelby GT up in Orlando Florida yesterday and drove home to Cincinnati OH. I was in 5th gear most of the time at about 70+ mph. I averaged 26.2 Miles per Gallon per the onboard computer. Used the A/C while in Florida and the rest of the time without. Actual Miles Per Hour was about 60 and this included stops for gas, food, hotel, construction sites, accidents, toll booths (numerous!), etc. I thought that mileage was exceptional, especially for a car rated at 23 for the highway. A thousand miles later and no squeaks, no rattles, no real problems. Now to figure out how to jack the car up to change to AMSoil

I agree, the mileage is amazing. When I first bought my car I got 27.2 mpg on the computer. I've never seen below 17.9 even w/ stop and go commuting.

I agree, the mileage is amazing. When I first bought my car I got 27.2 mpg on the computer. I've never seen below 17.9 even w/ stop and go commuting.

tell me again why we pay 1,000.00 gas guzzler tax. It gets much better mileage than a Ford Explorer or many other models on the highway.

• 1 year later...

I think I could get 23 or above all the time if I wanted to, but thr car is too much fun to drive it like that all the time. Some I do drop below 20 mpg probably more than I should :peelout: .

What I would like to know is what the SGT/SC guys are getting.

Fuel milage was not a concern when we bought ours. We are taking it from Oregon to Vegas to Birmingham AL then back to Oregon next month. I am really curious to see what kind of mpg we get on the trip, approx. 5400 miles. So far, we have not seen it up over 17 mpg, but that is all in town driving.

tell me again why we pay 1,000.00 gas guzzler tax. It gets much better mileage than a Ford Explorer or many other models on the highway.

It's a government thing..............you know................these are the same people who gave billions of dollars to already rich people.

Dont add a SC option...my mileage has fell way off in the past few weeks.

Hahaha same here!!! I'm like 17 on the freeway and 13 on the street!! I really don't care either way, I actually turn off the display altogether. I don't care how many miles are on it, how much fuel it's consuming or any of that other worthless info. I've got those two big dials staring me right in the face and that's the ONLY info that matters as far as i'm concerned! :)

#117 with 4.10's gets 26.5 mpg highway at 65mph (according to the computer).

My wife averages 21-23 mpg.

I average 18-20mpg. I don't know why mine is lower... :hysterical:

please please tell me thats true....26.5??? if thats true i'll be getting 4:10's! i demand pictures!

It's true. I have 4.10's also and have pulled 25-27 mpg on the highway with cruise on for long runs. I average 16-19 mpg back and forth to work (7 miles one way) over a tank as long as I don't play around too much.http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/happy%20feet.gif

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/style_emo...appy%20feet.gif

For comparison, the first 3,000 miles on my 09 GT/CS averaged 25.90 MPG, including eight or ten autocross runs and the drag races at Terlingua. I set the cruise control when possible, at 5 over the limit and let it ride - when possible.

Across southern Arizona eastbound I had one tank at 30.59 MPG; down the hill from Flagstaff to Phoenix, 31.90.

All that on a showroom stock, fresh car (with the BamaChips 91-octane performance tune).

These cars get great mileage on the Interstate in 5th gear. Especially this time of year the air is cool, no A/C running etc. I got over 28 on a trip up to Michigan last Nov 1st.(see photo at AAI) running 65-70. Mostly flat no hills and no tune! mines not a Shelby (working on that as we speak) but great on gas too

These cars get great mileage on the Interstate in 5th gear. Especially this time of year the air is cool, no A/C running etc. I got over 28 on a trip up to Michigan last Nov 1st.(see photo at AAI) running 65-70. Mostly flat no hills and no tune! mines not a Shelby (working on that as we speak) but great on gas too

Just returned from a round trip to the Legends of Riverside (International Raceway) reunion and film festival at the Riverside International Automotive Museum.

Stock tune, K&N Typhoon CAI, Michelin 275-35 Pilot Sport PS2s on 19x9/10 Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition wheels, 91 octane fuel, running cruise control at third-lane speed (75-77MPH). Numbers include freeway travel and about an hour of doodling around the old Raceway site in a vain attempt to find any remaining vestiges.

The dash computer said "27.0 AVG MPG" - calculated actual: 25.29

"8 GAL USED" - metered actual: 8.37

ODO miles 212.1

With the windows open or closed, you can hear the tires grinding off MPG.

Im getting terrible mileage :( , Oh im sorry thats my right foot! Hey its like i posted with my favorite memory so far in my Shelby! I looked over at the terd in the Toyota Carolla and said "Thanx for saving me some gas" after he complimented the SGT! Then i peeled out and let him hear my exaust note! :shift:

Has anyone ever checked their mileage the old fashioned way just to verify that the onboard computer is correct? I haven't checked mine yet, but will have a chance next week as I plan to drive it to Birmingham AL from Cincinnati. Hope it's true! That should make a great road trip even more awesome!

Has anyone ever checked their mileage the old fashioned way just to verify that the onboard computer is correct? I haven't checked mine yet, but will have a chance next week as I plan to drive it to Birmingham AL from Cincinnati. Hope it's true! That should make a great road trip even more awesome!

Have you ever read post #25, paragraph 3, in this thread?

Archived