TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FIRST GT-H convertible listed on eBay . . .

• 3 weeks later...

Just something to ponder:

The 2006 is the 40th anniversary cars to the 1966 GT350. The 07 verts are in a class of themself. Not sure what or how this will effect the overall pricing.

I bought my 06 becouse of the histrory with the GT350 that I could not affort unless I cloned one. No matter what, great cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Already up to $57,000 as of Saturday morning with six more days to go. Let's see if they hit the $80k to $90k that the first few hard tops got.

It says it's 50 miles from my house - this may call for a road trip to take a look.

My network is all screwy, otherwise I'd post the direct link.

Winning bid was $75,400!!

Just the price of 2 of them in about 6 months, quite a premium to pay, hope the guy is at least in a state where he can drive it over the Winter, otherwise, he is stupido!

I didnt realiize it was only the second one, but remember when the first 2006 GTH's were sold, wasnt it like 80-90k? Where are those prices now? 35k? 40k?

I am just saying, the cars are incredible, but, thats quite a big premium to pay in November for a vert that will go for MUCH less within the next 6 months/year.

Absolutely a big premium. Worth it? To the buyers, yes . . . .

If you think about it, paying $32k or more for a former rental GT-H, as most of us here have done, is also a comparatively "big premium" for a used car (and I'm not even getting into the arguments about whether the car was "trashed" or "abused" or anything else that would understandably detract from its value). The convertibles have a little more going for them: (1) in six months, it might actually be convertible weather, (2) I don't know, but I would guess that there will be more low mile or no mile convertibles as Hertz bit on the surge in popularity from the coupes, and (3) they are convertibles.

I cannot remember the condition of those first auctioned GT-H models, but the more recent, lower priced cars indicate that more miles = lower sale price. Maybe those first ones were 5,000 miles or less and that, along with the novelty factor, played a part in their prices. Let's see what the next batch of convertibles do!

Archived