TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Coupe Available Now For MSRP (and a $1000 rebate)

clark17357

When I went to see my car at the dealer last night, I was told two things. One, they had mine plus another one ordered for stock. Two, there is a $1,000 rebate on the 2008 Mustangs, even those turned into Shelbys. What I paid, out the door, was $40,750, including all taxes, department of motor vehicles fees, and such. I am at work right now and do not have my paperwork in front of me so I do not have the cost of the vehicle before all the taxes and such. I do not have any options that I know of beyond it being the Premium GT trim. The other one is the same.

Anyway, if you want to get this other car, it is at Drew Ford, 8970 La Mesa Blvd, La Mesa, CA 91941. My salesman, a great guy, is Curtis Watts. Best way to contact him is his cell, which is 619-322-1878. The number at the dealer is 619-464-7777. If you want a 2008 Shelby coupe, this is the place. They also have a white 2007, but it does not have the $1000 rebate.

Jim Clark

I suspect Curtis made a mistake and forgot to add in the SAI costs. Please confirm that this is true. Thanx Steve

Hi Steve, No, that price is out the door with everything. The car is a $30,000 car. Add $10,000 for the Shelby part and you are at $40,000. Drew Ford is a large dealer in San Diego and has been around for more years than I have been alive. They sell a fair amount of SGTs. I will post some of the paperwork later today (if I can figure out how to do that). Jim

I suspect Curtis made a mistake and forgot to add in the SAI costs. Please confirm that this is true. Thanx Steve

Hi Steve, It just dawned on me that you might be thinking that the price I quoted included all of what is to be done at the Mod Shop. If so, you are correct. Those modifications will run $15,000 when all is said and done. What happened was that SAI made a mistake and shipped my car to the dealer before the modifications were done. I have to get it back to them for that. The otther Shelby at the dealership is a straight up one, with no Mod Shop add ons. Sorry for any confusion. Jim

Archived