TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire Indicator Light is stuck on... anyone else?

greengiant

My low tire indicator light is on, and will not go off. Now, I know this is a dealership thing, but my fear is the knuckleheads will flash the whole car, and screw up my tune.

Does anyone know a trick to get it to turn off, assuming a sensor isn't bad? (I've had sensors go bad on explorers all the time, but it is a company car so who cares!)

My low tire indicator light is on, and will not go off. Now, I know this is a dealership thing, but my fear is the knuckleheads will flash the whole car, and screw up my tune.

Does anyone know a trick to get it to turn off, assuming a sensor isn't bad? (I've had sensors go bad on explorers all the time, but it is a company car so who cares!)

I've never seen that on mine,can you give a little more info?Is there a relearn in the owners manual for the system?

mine was on ..and i stopped at the dealer..and my tire was 3 lbs low. He said they are sensitve !

I have nitrogen in my tires....and he filled 3 lbs...and it was off.

Filled mine to 32 psi... but at the gas station. I've got two tire gauges here at home. One says I have 38 in them... the other gauge says 28.

Argh. I'll play with the pressures a bit more before taking it in.

Any difference with the nitrogen?

Filled mine to 32 psi... but at the gas station. I've got two tire gauges here at home. One says I have 38 in them... the other gauge says 28.

Nitrogen is moisture free,so the tires will remain at a more stable pressure,also it's easier on the Tire pressure monitors,and tires!

when its real cold and has been warm the sensors for the pressure is very sensitive and if your tire was off by a half lb. it turn on the light ( had this happen to me )

you also need a digital pressure gauge not one of thoes old metal pen like ones , thoes only are good for bicycles , and wont tell you if your tire is off by a half lb. B)

A friend recommended it. They say you have less tire wear, and the pressure stays constant. 6 months since original fill, one tire lost 3 lbs....I think that pretty good living in Florida with the hot summer.

It cost me 20 dollars to fill all 4, free refills for life. Only hassle is I have to go to the dealer...but they do check it for oil changes. When they filled them, they put GREEN caps on the tire stems...i said..you dont really expect me to leave those on do you ??? haha. I only put them on when i take the car in for service.

They did tell me if I am away from home, and have to fill with regular air, just come to the dealer as soon as i can and have it refilled.

How do you come by Nitrogen?

My dealer had it...but I am sure most tire shops have it too.

Shop around...prices vary ALOT . I paid 20 dollars for all 4, free refills for life.

Archived