TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Test and Tune

louie428

Well guys went to the track today and my best time out of 8 runs was:

60'--- 1.629

1/8--- 7.402

1/4--- 11.432

MPH--- 123.80

Not bad since last time at the track was over 24 years ago!!

Mods

410s

Billet LCA

Adj. UCA

Adj. PHB

1 piece Alum/DS/loop

Relocation LCA

Pax S/C 11.5 psi

Alcohol Injection system Stage 2

MGW shifter

26x11.5x17 MT Streets

Mustang Dyno 463RWHP 411RWT 93 octane

Line Lock Hurst

CIMG2277.jpg

CIMG2264.jpg

60'--- 1.629

1/8--- 7.402

1/4--- 11.432

MPH--- 123.80

WooHoo...NICE Louie. You have got a beautiful setup! Looks like you even got some wrinkels in the tires on the launch... Those are really impressive numbers, congratulations.

My new wheels and drag radials arrive next Wednesday... can't wait to hook 'em up!

Most tracks make you put a roll cage in if you go under 11.5, is that one of your next mods?

WooHoo...NICE Louie. You have got a beautiful setup! Looks like you even got some wrinkels in the tires on the launch... Those are really impressive numbers, congratulations.

My new wheels and drag radials arrive next Wednesday... can't wait to hook 'em up!

Most tracks make you put a roll cage in if you go under 11.5, is that one of your next mods?

Checking it out already!

I didn't even try my Race tune +4 degrees, Hitting rev limiter going into 2nd alot, little Rusty.

Thanks

Awesome job Louie. Looks like the calcs I did a few months ago were pretty close. See post #6 here:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1641&hl=

I finally got my helmet tonight. Heading out to the New England Dragway next Wednesday night to give her my first ever attempt. From what I understand, I should have about the same HP as you but I am not expecting those kind of numbers my first time around. I'll be happy if I can pull in the 13's.

Cudafly, what's the latest run you're pulling?

60'--- 1.629

1/8--- 7.402

1/4--- 11.432

MPH--- 123.80

Not bad since last time at the track was over 24 years ago!!

Mods

410s

Billet LCA

Adj. UCA

Adj. PHB

1 piece Alum/DS/loop

Relocation LCA

Pax S/C 11.5 psi

Alcohol Injection system Stage 2

MGW shifter

26x11.5x17 MT Streets

Mustang Dyno 463RWHP 411RWT 93 octane

Line Lock Hurst

CIMG2277.jpg

CIMG2264.jpg

Louie,

Great times + numbers....you are clearly drivin the b-bee-jeez outta that thing !! Can I ask a few questions on your mods ?

-what did you change to get 11.5 psi from the paxton sc ??

-which alkey injector system are you using and where did you position nozzle ?

-Were rwhp numbers with or without alchol injection ?

-What drive shaft did you select ( I am considering a Coast)

-are yourunning stock clutch and exhaust manifold ?

Thanks...I am in middle of build myself and certainly impressed by your results.

Can someone explain alcohol injection? Is that like N2O but with Methanol instead?

It cools the charge that is going into the motor thus more power.

I used to run a Alky motor and it was fantastic for power,

could run any timing you wanted and detonation was zero and that was with 14.5 to 1 compresson.

It cools the charge that is going into the motor thus more power.

I used to run a Alky motor and it was fantastic for power,

could run any timing you wanted and detonation was zero and that was with 14.5 to 1 compresson.

So for simplicity, it's just a 50/50 mix of water and methanol injected directly into the throttle body?

So for simplicity, it's just a 50/50 mix of water and methanol injected directly into the throttle body?

basically yes....needs to be injected at higher rpms ( usually over 3000 rpm) otherwise, it quenches combustion. otherwise, as noted, cools the charge AND make more tire bills come faster

Outstanding Louie, outstanding.

Sorry I missed it, by the time I would have gotten to Hacketstown after work, you would have been passing me leaving the track.

Great job.

You've got that wrong my friend. Hw would have been home and sucking down a beer by that time. LOL

Is that a 17" wheel your are running? and what is the DR size also.................. :)

Thanks.

Just a guess but I'd say 17x8.5 stock Ford wheels with Mickey Thomson ET Street 26X11.50-17LT tires.

Great pics!!! Is that air I see under the front tires... really impressive.

Just a guess but I'd say 17x8.5 stock Ford wheels with Mickey Thomson ET Street 26X11.50-17LT tires.

Great pics!!! Is that air I see under the front tires... really impressive.

You right Cuda I bought the package from Brenspeed! I just order a Truetrac and 31 spline Moser axles.

On my last run one tire was in the water causing a one wheel burnout possible clutches got fried.

Installing deletes because between 2800 rpm to 3100 rpm I have a flat spot due to the butter flies opening too late.

This will give me 4 to 5hp more!!

Archived