TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got Car - No Mod Shop!

clark17357

Greetings All,

The good news is that my car is finished. The bad news is that, somehow, they shipped it to my dealer and not to the Mod Shop. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, how did you resolve it with SAI? Thanks.

Jim Clark

Do not take delivery of it! You will be sorry if you do as the valuable SGT's are the ones that have factory mods done to them. If this is not your fault I would raise h*ll. If it is your fault, by not paying SAI for the mods as directed by SAI, then just order another one. I know that is alot of hassle but you'll be sorry if you don;t.

Do not take delivery of it! You will be sorry if you do as the valuable SGT's are the ones that have factory mods done to them. If this is not your fault I would raise h*ll. If it is your fault, by not paying SAI for the mods as directed by SAI, then just order another one. I know that is alot of hassle but you'll be sorry if you don;t.

Swedeshelby! Whoa there my good friend!! We don't even know yet what the mods are! To refuse a car our wait another 6 months for a lower grill is silly.

First, you are assuming these cars are going to be worth anything more than few thousand more than a similar GT. Second we have no history yet on the long term viability of the SC and other modified components. Third, SAI is opening mod shops all over the country and these will be perhaps even rarer if you have one of the few done at Tasca vs. SAI, add to that those that are converted later, and while you might disagree I don't see there being enough demand outstrip supply, read no big difference in value.

As for order another one, like I said, unless you don't want the car until next spring one in the hand...

You can always send your car back to SAI next year and mods done or do it yourself. Honestly based on the numbers I see of people not driving their cars and the number of people that bought them with visions of $$$$ in their eyes 10-15 years from now are going to be VERY disappointed. The old Shelby's were lost or destroyed the few that are left are worth $$$$$$$. Unlike then everyone is saving these cars! This is a Shelby to drive and have fun in, get your money out of, not save in the garage so some guy can make money off it when your dead and gone.

Take the car and plan for mods locally or save for the SGT Special Edition packages late next year! ;-)

In my humble opinion!

I say contact SAI and ask. Give them the benefit of the doubt, im sure if it slipped through they will make it right. Hell, maybe this gives you an excuse to go to Las Vegas to go to SAI and whatever else you may want to do. I sure know if i had an excuse i would be there tomorrow! :)

I say contact SAI and ask. Give them the benefit of the doubt, im sure if it slipped through they will make it right. Hell, maybe this gives you an excuse to go to Las Vegas to go to SAI and whatever else you may want to do. I sure know if i had an excuse i would be there tomorrow! :)

Who needs an excuse! I'll do if you go...how's that! ;)

Since my first post, I went to the dealer to see the car. It does look nice. They said they will do all they can to help. I am not taking delivery in the physical sense but I am paying for it tomorrow so that it can be titled in my name. You have to do that before the Mod Shop will work on it. But I am with you, DRHVAC, I think SAI will make it right. If not, I will grumble a lot and trailer it to Las Vegas myself without driving it one mile. Thank goodness I live in San Diego, which not all that far away. Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I figured I had all the "what if's" down pat. Not this one. Jim

Since my first post, I went to the dealer to see the car. It does look nice. They said they will do all they can to help. I am not taking delivery in the physical sense but I am paying for it tomorrow so that it can be titled in my name. You have to do that before the Mod Shop will work on it. But I am with you, DRHVAC, I think SAI will make it right. If not, I will grumble a lot and trailer it to Las Vegas myself without driving it one mile. Thank goodness I live in San Diego, which not all that far away. Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I figured I had all the "what if's" down pat. Not this one. Jim

Which dealer did you order from?

I just want to verify you yourself, not your dealer, contacted John at SAI and verified with him that he would set aside your car for the mod shop?

Can you look at the hood scoop and tell us if the blue stripe on the scoop is tape or painted?

Hi Matt,

Yes, it was me who was in touch with John at SAI. My e-mails that touched on upgrades started on 08-04-07, and went on (and on) after that. John went outside and found my car on 09-25-07 (see below) because it was not showing on the SAI VIN Tracker. On 09-05-07, I got this e-mail: "Jim, I will keep my eyes out for this unit. I have attached a list of available options for the 08 SGTs. -John" On 09-25-07, I got this e-mail: "Jim, we have the car here. Our internal system will be able to track the 08 SGTs soon. I would like to give you an accurate ETA, but the initial date has come and gone. I am just told "soon" now.-John" And, then, a call from the dealer.

On the issue of the hood scoop, I have to got to the dealer today and drop off a check to pay for the car so I will see if the hood scoop is taped or painted. Jim

Can you look at the hood scoop and tell us if the blue stripe on the scoop is tape or painted?

The scoop is taped. I will try and get some photos of the car up later today (assuming I figure out how to do that) so you can see what it looks like. When I saw the car last night, I did take a hard look at the hood stripes and they looked good then. Jim

Swedeshelby! Whoa there my good friend!! We don't even know yet what the mods are! To refuse a car our wait another 6 months for a lower grill is silly.

First, you are assuming these cars are going to be worth anything more than few thousand more than a similar GT. Second we have no history yet on the long term viability of the SC and other modified components. Third, SAI is opening mod shops all over the country and these will be perhaps even rarer if you have one of the few done at Tasca vs. SAI, add to that those that are converted later, and while you might disagree I don't see there being enough demand outstrip supply, read no big difference in value.

As for order another one, like I said, unless you don't want the car until next spring one in the hand...

You can always send your car back to SAI next year and mods done or do it yourself. Honestly based on the numbers I see of people not driving their cars and the number of people that bought them with visions of $$$$ in their eyes 10-15 years from now are going to be VERY disappointed. The old Shelby's were lost or destroyed the few that are left are worth $$$$$$$. Unlike then everyone is saving these cars! This is a Shelby to drive and have fun in, get your money out of, not save in the garage so some guy can make money off it when your dead and gone.

Take the car and plan for mods locally or save for the SGT Special Edition packages late next year! ;-)

In my humble opinion!

Yes Matt I am thinking this car had an SC, big brakes, driving lights lower grill, etc...etc...etc.. So point well taken.

However you know this as well as I do, that car's chances of being sent back to Shelby for Mods is about as good as me winning the lottery! Eh that will not happen. They are so concentrated on the SS & KR packages the SGT is on the bottom of the pile. If it were that easy, as I have tried already, then my car would be there now getting the SAI mods I never had the chance to get. I now would only send it back there if they gave me a "drop dead" time frame and that is NOT going to happen either. Thats what I was hyping about mainly. :)

Greetings All,

The good news is that my car is finished. The bad news is that, somehow, they shipped it to my dealer and not to the Mod Shop. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, how did you resolve it with SAI? Thanks.

Jim Clark

Jim, early on in the process I learned the hard way that there was a specific protocol on how to obtain mods. And that was not very clear in the begining. I am greatful today that Michael Morris was able to educate both of us on the process. I did find that no matter what I would e-mail to SAI unless the dealer made contact to notify SAI that the car was paid for there was no way modifications could be made at SAI. Due to thier agreement with Ford they are only allowed to ship unmodified cars to the dealers. The home delivery was part of the mod shop process in that they need to ship the car to you and not the dealer. When you first wrote that the car was shipped without mods that was the first thing that ran across my mind. As I said, I am greatful to have had a teriffic, invloved dealer keeping me posted. I have read on this forum that cars would be taken back to SAI after the first of the year. Get on the list now and it will give you time to sort out others mods vs. your preferences. Good luck in whatever you decide. It's worth the wait either way.

Yes Matt I am thinking this car had an SC, big brakes, driving lights lower grill, etc...etc...etc.. So point well taken.

However you know this as well as I do, that car's chances of being sent back to Shelby for Mods is about as good as me winning the lottery! Eh that will not happen. They are so concentrated on the SS & KR packages the SGT is on the bottom of the pile. If it were that easy, as I have tried already, then my car would be there now getting the SAI mods I never had the chance to get. I now would only send it back there if they gave me a "drop dead" time frame and that is NOT going to happen either. Thats what I was hyping about mainly. :)

Don't tell me that! I'm hoping to send mine back next winter for the 600HP upgrade Adam leaked to me, that I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about, but what the heck...

Don't tell me that! I'm hoping to send mine back next winter for the 600HP upgrade Adam leaked to me, that I wasn't supposed to tell anyone about, but what the heck...

Too funny!!!!Top secret huh, don't post it on any forums, we don't want anybody to find out. Matt you crack me up :lol: . Maybe you could sneak your car in under the cover of darkness. So is this the rumored limited edition Chicago pizza cooking, tire roasting, rice burning, steak grilling Shelby? 600hp?

Greetings All,

Jim Clark

Call John Walker and E-mail John he will figure it out for you.John Walker

johnw@shelbyautos.com

Clink

Oh my dear friend Swede--when you hit the lottery, you will owe me BIG time!!! You could not have been more wrong than ever. If you do NOT know what you are talking about---DO NOT SAY A WORD!!!!!!!

Now, on a more serious note, Jim, I have spoken to John and we are going to jump on this Monday morning. Yes, we did have a couple computor glitches with the 08 system. We are still working the bugs out. For some reason some of the 08's did not show up in our system and all of a sudden, there they were. But, it was too late, they were shipped. John will be in contact with you and your dealer about having the car shipped back to us so we can put it right back in line for the mod shop.

So all in all, when your car comes back, good ole Swede will hit the lottery and SHARE with us all!!!!!! :D

Bud

Oh my dear friend Swede--when you hit the lottery, you will owe me BIG time!!! You could not have been more wrong than ever. If you do NOT know what you are talking about---DO NOT SAY A WORD!!!!!!!

Now, on a more serious note, Jim, I have spoken to John and we are going to jump on this Monday morning. Yes, we did have a couple computor glitches with the 08 system. We are still working the bugs out. For some reason some of the 08's did not show up in our system and all of a sudden, there they were. But, it was too late, they were shipped. John will be in contact with you and your dealer about having the car shipped back to us so we can put it right back in line for the mod shop.

So all in all, when your car comes back, good ole Swede will hit the lottery and SHARE with us all!!!!!! :D

Bud

Now that made me smile. :D

Swede..I will send you my addy to mail the check :rolleyes: :P

And Bud...I am very glad SAI is correcting this for him :D Might have to send you two little ...oh nevermind :unsure:

Bud

Soo....mods are on Swede?!?!

Hmm...let me go back over my list for the rest of the stuff I wanted.

:P

Bud

Thanks Bud.

To everyone else, I share with you that Bud has been in touch beyond what has been posted under this topic to share some of the details about getting things taken care of. Bottom line, the car will be picked up at the dealer and shipped back to SAI.

On another note, after thinking about it a bit, I did go back to the dealer Sunday, took my car for a while and drove it around. For those of you who have these cars already, you know what that was like. But the best part, and I mean this seriously, is that I took it by the house and had my wife drive it. Up until that moment, she had been quietly supportive (meaning she did not grow up as a gearhead) of me getting the car. She was impressed with what I will call the balance of the car in terms of straight ahead "go," its cornering ability, and how smoothly the gearbox and clutch worked. She had a Shelby smile on her face when she got out of the car. :D

I will keep everyone up to date on the progress of things. Jim

Bud

Bud, Sounds like someone should get a free Museum Delivery, hotel, airfare, and $1000 spending money. PM me and Ill let you know where you can send the tickets and money. :D :D

Bud

Bud- You know how I "sometimes" rant and rave, I really mean no harm in the big scheme of things! As far as the lottery goes, I'll buy you a SGT/SC for the garage when/if I win! But don't tell anyone! :lol:

Soo....mods are on Swede?!?!

Hmm...let me go back over my list for the rest of the stuff I wanted.

:P

Just as I said to Bud I'll pay for the Mods as soon as I hit the lottery! :lol: If I hit the lottery I'd buy a 2008 SGT Vert with the Whipple SC, big brakes, lower grill, driving lights & brake ducts (front & rear), GT-H hood, gauge pod, 20" chrome Razors, GT500 spoiler, 3:90 gears or 4:10's and ALL FROM SHELBY's infamous Mod (MAD) Shop!!!! :):):)

Bud

Well, I go from Friday being in despair to 4:45 p.m. today when John gave a call and detailed how things will be taken care of. Bottom line? SAI made it right and made it right, right away. Bud and John, thanks for dealing with things as you did. To everyone else, thanks for the support and I think this proves that making it right is the SAI way. Jim ;)

Well, I go from Friday being in despair to 4:45 p.m. today when John gave a call and detailed how things will be taken care of. Bottom line? SAI made it right and made it right, right away. Bud and John, thanks for dealing with things as you did. To everyone else, thanks for the support and I think this proves that making it right is the SAI way. Jim ;)

Again! Fixing the problem is more important than the problem. STUFF happens! What you do after is what matters! Kudos!

Now, all we need is Swede to hit the lottery and we all win!!!! :D

Bud

Archived