TEAM SHELBY FORUM

QUALITY CONTROL?

07SHELBY GT

Anybody notice that their car makes a piston pin like rapping noise at a steady 3500 RPM,Well mine does at 400 miles so I went to my selling dealer to see if they would let me drive one of the two black Shelby GTs that they had to see if they all sound like mine,appears that they do!I noticed all of the other quality control complaints,hood scoop,etc.Well I can tell you that one of them a 32xx series was funky as hell,I don't know if it has been out side in the sun too long or that the earlier cars had this problem,mine is 4789,my scoop looks good,the other car was a 57xx series and the scoop on it was abut like mine,Just wondering if it is time+sun that does it or is there a Certain # and up that had better scoops and or installation!If anybody else has wondered about some engine sounding noise or has an explanation,please chime in!BTW I'm on my second tank of gas and I know for sure that is is premium,You just never know if the dealership fuel jockey knows that these cars require premium,unlike the regular GTs that take 87 proof!

No problem with my SGT...and I know I first tank was premium....it was topped off by Shelby when I did the museum pickup. If you do a search on this forum you will find all kind of talk about the scoops. It appears that SAI has tried different fixes over the production of the 07 cars. This is one area where later is better. Heat is not the problem...remember these cars have sat in the 109 degree heat of the Vegas desert without problems.

They don't all rap - because mine does not either. As for the scoop, as noted above, you'll find 2 or 3 other voluminous discussions on this. Shelby is reportedly in the process of finalizing a final solution to the issue.

I do not notice any engine noise but I only have 600 miles on car picked up in Feb no time to play with toys. On my second scoop and as we all know I is not good I will wait until spring to see what happens with reapir options. o7 I do agree on quality how did these cars get out with problems my first scoop was so high on one side I could stick my finger under it I have asked numerous times ref change of material as some of the later cars I have seen here in Wisconsin are just fine I will want another scoop and then we will try fix.

Anybody notice that their car makes a piston pin like rapping noise at a steady 3500 RPM,Well mine does at 400 miles so I went to my selling dealer to see if they would let me drive one of the two black Shelby GTs that they had to see if they all sound like mine,appears that they do!I noticed all of the other quality control complaints,hood scoop,etc.Well I can tell you that one of them a 32xx series was funky as hell,I don't know if it has been out side in the sun too long or that the earlier cars had this problem,mine is 4789,my scoop looks good,the other car was a 57xx series and the scoop on it was abut like mine,Just wondering if it is time+sun that does it or is there a Certain # and up that had better scoops and or installation!If anybody else has wondered about some engine sounding noise or has an explanation,please chime in!BTW I'm on my second tank of gas and I know for sure that is is premium,You just never know if the dealership fuel jockey knows that these cars require premium,unlike the regular GTs that take 87 proof!

I have blotchey stripes, warped/lifting scoop and rear bumper cover was hanging loose with missing bolts when delivered. Only noise my engine makes now (with supercharger, full length headers and hi-flow cats is "BWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA-ERRRRRRRCH-BWAAAAAAAA-ERRRRRRLCH" in first three gears

Hey 07Shelby GT,

Can you tell us what the exact CSM # on that "57XX" car was?

We've seen nothing higher than 5661

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?s=&...indpost&p=25008.

Sorry,I called the dealer,the number was 5607,got the 6 and seven transposed,it was late and I took a quick look as I was more concerned about the additional noise these seem to make over a standard GT,Lots of things seem to rattle with the engine intake pulse under a load,comes with the firmly mounted shifter,and firm suspension that seems to knock things loose,not complaining,I've driven 550 horse solid lifter cars on the street,so noise doesn't really bother me,but know that part of my job entails being anal on vehicle noises,I build transmissions.Nice of them to let me test all of the Shelby GTs out huh!

Archived