TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Mod's Were You Going to Do?

jaydub Mach1

I think I may be like many on the forum. I was sure I was going to add a rear spoiler. I mean the rear end looked neck-ed!!

But, now that I have it, I scratched that idea.

The other was to replace the silver stripes with Guardsmen Blue ones, like the early cars. But, I am beginning to like the silver ones, now. I probably won't do that either.

Of course, that leaves more $$$ to do other ones. :lol::lol:

Black cs56 wheels, but no one could ever confirm whether or not these would give me more brake "options" than the factory wheels (by which I mean Hawk pads and PowerSlot rotors...). You would have thought that an extra 1" of width would account for something...

I'd also say Paxton supercharger, but this isn't dead yet: I just haven't convinced the wife of the need for it! :lol:

I agree with you the back of them look naked without a spoiler!!!

I had my dealer through the one i want in on the deal , and had to wait till it got back instock at Shelby.

then took my car back to ford and had it installed by them!!!!

Everyone who has seen my car before and after the spoiler has all said the same thing that it looks alot meaner with it, i agree completly! B)

Here is a pic for you!!!!!!

I had my dealer through the one i want in on the deal , and had to wait till it got back instock at Shelby.

Everyone who has seen my car before and after the spoiler has all said the same thing that it looks alot meaner with it, i agree completly! B)

Is the spoiler not flush to the rear quarter panels?

This is the first time I am really noticing a gap.

I like it I guess...I don't know, I could go either way with it honestly. I still like the V6 sedate and low spoiler best to tell ya the truth.

hey, BTW: I used to live in Sunnyvale! When I worked at our hq in Cupertino I lived off 101 and Lawrence. Small Shelby World.

Amen-Frankie. I did the same thing and the car looks really good with that spoiler-my $0.02. They sit the same way on the GT500-keeps them from damaging the paint on the quarter panels.

As far as other mods, I haven't done any engine mods except billet caps. I have considered cams, underdrive pulleys, new tune, headers, hi-perf cats and many more, but have decided I really like it as is. I may still try long tube headers in the future. But, currently not planning anything short term

I like it I guess...I don't know, I could go either way with it honestly. I still like the V6 sedate and low spoiler best to tell ya the truth.

hey, BTW: I used to live in Sunnyvale! When I worked at our hq in Cupertino I lived off 101 and Lawrence. Small Shelby World.

Yeah very small , now i'll shrink it even more for you , I was born in cook county hospital!!!!!!!! B)

Amen-Frankie. I did the same thing and the car looks really good with that spoiler-my $0.02. They sit the same way on the GT500-keeps them from damaging the paint on the quarter panels.

As far as other mods, I haven't done any engine mods except billet caps. I have considered cams, underdrive pulleys, new tune, headers, hi-perf cats and many more, but have decided I really like it as is. I may still try long tube headers in the future. But, currently not planning anything short term

Thnx for the support!!!!!! i havent done anything else to mine yet niether , but after seeing Ed S. video on the forum with his 40 origanals im gonna be getting some very soon (VERY Nice!!!)

I will admit, it does look good on there. :)

I'm a spoiler convert. At first I was definitely for, now I'm against. I think it's just a cleaner, classier look without. But yours looks great! lol

Archived