TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC 33

ShelbyGT/SC

August 15 - 17, 2008

Millville, NJ. SAAC-33 at Thunderbolt Raceway, a brand new track presently under construction in southern New Jersey. Track completion is scheduled for the spring 2008 & SAAC-33 is slated to be its 1st major event.

Rick Kopec, email: saac@saac.com

Web Site: www.saac.com

Track Web Site: www.njmotorsportspark.com

I thought SAAC was going to start an SGT registry (and a GT-H one as well)? Or are you referring to something else?

SAAC hasn't yet, but they will. So, its not a valid reason to not attend.

SAAC hasn't yet, but they will. So, its not a valid reason to not attend.

It was posted there that SAI requested that they NOT form a registry that the ONLY registry would be the SAI registry. The letter from the SCCA President was posted here in another thread.

Second they are not recognizing our cars. We do not get a show class nor representation. You are welcome to join, anyone can you don't even need to own a car, but we are not allowed to show or participate in any concours events while the GT500 is included.

I'm not saying don't go...I'm sure a good time will be had...but for them to turn their snobby noses at us, the only Shelby's built by Shelby in 25+ years, really @^#! me off and left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I personally won't have anything to do with them or give them any of my money until my car gets the respect it deserves as a REAL Shelby.

:angry:

It was posted there that SAI requested that they NOT form a registry that the ONLY registry would be the SAI registry. The letter from the SCCA President was posted here in another thread.

Second they are not recognizing our cars. We do not get a show class nor representation. You are welcome to join, anyone can you don't even need to own a car, but we are not allowed to show or participate in any concours events while the GT500 is included.

I'm not saying don't go...I'm sure a good time will be had...but for them to turn their snobby noses at us, the only Shelby's built by Shelby in 25+ years, really @^#! me off and left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I personally won't have anything to do with them or give them any of my money until my car gets the respect it deserves as a REAL Shelby.

:angry:

Matt, they recognize our cars. That show in the summer where they didn't was because they weren't sure whether there would even be any SGT's so they made the decision not to offer the trophy's. At the following show at the same place, they did give SGT trophy's (from what I heard). Plus, that was a SAAC regional event, not a SAAC National event. The SAAC National people mostly have nothing to do with local events done by the regional SAAC clubs.

And, as you pointed out, since SAI is running the registry and asked the SAAC not to handle it, that's why the SAAC isn't doing much "generally speaking" about the 2007+ Shelby's. I will scan the SAAC 33 material and post in a few minutes. You'll see that they say "all Shelby's." The only rule for concourse judging is that you are a National SAAC member.

I think it's good for all of us to join as many of the clubs as possible. It's all about hanging out with friends with mutual interests, meeting good people, sharing stories (as we all love to do on this forum) and enjoying our cars together. I don't think we should join only one club. I also don't think we should exclude another club for things that aren't within their control.

I am a member of the National SAAC, New England SAAC, S197 Shelby Owners club, New England Blue Oval Club and Mustang Club of America and I love all of them. I've been a National SAAC club member on and off for about 9 or 10 years. I just joined all the others this year.

Matt, join us next year. You'll be able to race your car on the NEW track. We'll all hang out and share stories and share some laughs. This time I'll be able to hang out with you rather than stand at my call all day waiting for Carroll to sign it.

I don't remember reading the post about the SAAC President's letter, but that tells it all. It sounds like the decision was made for them, not by them so I don't think you should blame them.

I'll scan in everything now. Everyone sign up as soon as possible so we can all make sure we're represented and all get to have fun. I am going to book a room just to make sure I am locked in.

One other thing, follow the instructions in this material. Don't bother calling the hotels yet until after you get your info from the SAAC. I read this material days ago but forgot about that detail so when I just called them they had to remind me. LOL

Why not just hold one yourself. Why wait for someone else!

Good idea but this would be the best place for gathering up Shelby Owners, and it dont seem like there are very many people to close to me or in the area anyhow!!! I've only seen 1 more Shelby going down the highway and i drive alot allday for work and when i get home its time to play with "Baby Shelby"!!! B)

Okay all, here is the material:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT/SAAC33

The SAAC will have all the details on their site in a few weeks. Check there for more up-to-date info and details too.

http://www.saac.com/eventsAndConventions/calendar.html

No registry, no recognition, no show class = no attendee...

Matt,

There is wide recgonition within SAAC for the SGT. As far as specifice classes, SAAC likes to wait 10 years before there is a concourse class specific to the model, obviously because they are to new. There will be a "Show and Shine" car show on Sunday of the event. That is from the president of SAAC.

Roger, and Adam, are you guys planning on driving down or trailering? I would definitely be interested in doing this trip.

I'll be driving down with my trailer. I assume that Roger and I will drive down together. I don't yet know if he'll drive or trailer.

It will be cool if a bunch of us meet somewhere and drive down together.

I will be going Webba and trailering also. I'm shure Wicked and the Long Island gang will be attending also. It could be a pretty eventful summer and early fall looking at what events are lining up. Better get out the planner, I'll forget and double book. :)

I will be going Webba and trailering also. I'm shure Wicked and the Long Island gang will be attending also. It could be a pretty eventful summer and early fall looking at what events are lining up. Better get out the planner, I'll forget and double book. :)

Count me in........Jersey Baby! :D

Archived