TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Would You do????????

1FST ASP

I talked with Kyle @ Tasca and he thought they would be online in another 30 days or so. Guys. I really need your help here!!

I can ship the car to R.I. and be approximately # 27 for the 40th Anniversary package. I may also be able to go sooner because some owners don't want to be in the early run. Thoughts?

I can ship it to SAI and be #130 or so and get it sometime next year. LOL!

What would you do?

My feelings are that the car may have more meaning coming from SAI but being a newbie here, I really don't have a clue :lol:

Your help, thoughts, insights, are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Boedy

How are you getting two different CSM numbers? When you send in your $4K deposit to SAI they asign you a CSM number, that number is your number at SAI or Tasca. Not to take any thing away from SAI, but are you aware of history behind Tasca? SAI could'nt have picked a better mod shop. I'm waiting for the green light to get my car up to Tasca for the Super Snake Package. For me to have the Tasca name on my GT500 makes it priceless. Being in the first run or last run for the mods doesn't make a big difference. Steve at Tasca told me I'd be one the first 5 cars to be done there. Where are you located?

I understand that the CSM# will be noted as Tasca converted. I could be wrong though. Here are some links for your reading pleasure.

http://www.themustangnews.com/fomoco_07/st-0807tasca.htm

http://www.fordracing.com/news/detail/inde...le=20423&type=1

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/automotive/technology/35004/

Guys, whether you have your car done here or at Tasca ythe number stays the same, now the speed with which it gets done will certainly change....

So, lets say your number 127 dash plaque, you are number 127 at shelby autos Las vegas, but you could be number 2 at tasca, your SS number doesnt change

Amy

Amy,

It is always a great thing when the leaqder of an organization makes the time to deal with the number 1 aspect of their success, the client. I personnaly would like to thank you for being just that type of leader.

Although the CSM # does not change, it is very understandable how one location vs. the other could have an affect on when your vehicle would be completed. However, I would think it only fair that Tasca be enforced to follow the same order of offering the option to have the car converted in their facility. In other words, I am CSM07XL0087, if the individual who has car #0127 contacted Tasca first, it should not matter. Scheduling should be handled strictly as it is now, by Shelby. If Tasca has slots opened for the conversion, they should be offered to the next number on the overall list. If that person opts. to wait until the Vegas facilty is available, then the Tasca opening should be offered to the next person on the list and so on. Any other way just does not seem fair.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Howard

Amy,

It is always a great thing when the leaqder of an organization makes the time to deal with the number 1 aspect of their success, the client. I personnaly would like to thank you for being just that type of leader.

Although the CSM # does not change, it is very understandable how one location vs. the other could have an affect on when your vehicle would be completed. However, I would think it only fair that Tasca be enforced to follow the same order of offering the option to have the car converted in their facility. In other words, I am CSM07XL0087, if the individual who has car #0127 contacted Tasca first, it should not matter. Scheduling should be handled strictly as it is now, by Shelby. If Tasca has slots opened for the conversion, they should be offered to the next number on the overall list. If that person opts. to wait until the Vegas facilty is available, then the Tasca opening should be offered to the next person on the list and so on. Any other way just does not seem fair.

Thanks,

Howard

i know that you addressed it to Amy, but one problem i see is if #190 calls and makes an appointment for the first week in Dec, then #125 calls should you then BUMP #190 because the other car is a lower number? the higher number already took the time to call ahead and get everything in order then the lower number just call at the last minuted because lets say he couldnt get into SAI?

think that could be a huge problem.

michael morris

Amy,

Thanks,

Howard

First of all, thanks, but I want things to be great and me/we are not perfect we need to continue to try and improve things. Besides, i really like you guys :)

That said, when Tasca is ready to go online, we will call the list to see who wants to change, we wont just open the doors. Now, that said, it wont work perfect, someone will sneek in, but we will do our best. We will post more when the tasca center goes online

Amy

Michael,

Thanks for the response. I understand your view. However, if the scheduling is handled strictly through Shelby, then a higher number would not be able to jump ahead of a lower, unless the owner of the lower number opted to wait. It is just my opinion that when Tasca is performing any of these upgrades, they are acting under the banner of Shelby. The whole concept of commiting your money and then being assigned a CSM #, is that the cars would be completed, for the most part in the CSM # order.

I personally never would expect to be jumped in front of someone with a lower CSM #. Being that I reside in the North East, if I had thought there was any chance that someone with a higher number could independently make arrangements with Tasca to have their car done sooner, I would have made the call the day the announcement was made. I did contact Shelby, and I was never told that I should call Tasca myself. I left the conversation believing that all scheduling was going to be handled through Shelby, without exception. As I have already stated, any other way just does not seem fair.

I certainly am not looking to cause a contraversy. I just strongly believe that this would be the right and fair way of handling it.

Amy,

I think we all understand that no organization is perfect nor is it expected to be. I believe I speak for all Shelby Enthusiats when I say it is clear that you and your team have made great strides over the last 18 months or so, and I am confident it will continue. My dealings with your team have always been positive, and I have no doubt that you, along with all of them want to do everything you can to make us over grown children (we may not all be over grown children, but I certainly am) happy.

I am sure that where ever my car is completed, it will turn out great. I truly was only offering an opinion on what I thought would be the best way to handle the scheduling. In the end, I am sure you will find a way to proceed that is in the best interest of all of us.

Thanks,

Howard

Archived