TEAM SHELBY FORUM

25% underdrive pulley

Mustang Lover

I got the 25% underdrive pulley installed today , man it made a bigger difference than I thought :) feels like 12 to 15 HP increase . I highly recommend this easy bolt on mod . Summit carries their brand underdrive pulley and it's SFI comes with the SFI sticker as well and you still use the stock belt . The part number if you guys are interested is SUM-C2512 and its 150.69 shipped to your door.

I got the 25% underdrive pulley installed today , man it made a bigger difference than I thought :) feels like 12 to 15 HP increase . I highly recommend this easy bolt on mod . Summit carries their brand underdrive pulley and it's SFI comes with the SFI sticker as well and you still use the stock belt . The part number if you guys are interested is SUM-C2512 and its 150.69 shipped to your door.

Which one did you wind up going with?

Those are on my list................

Shhhhhh, Im at work so im post whoring right now. com on 500......... :)

Ed, I appear to have a slight lead on ya. One of us may make it to 500 today! WOO HOO!!! +1 to my count. ;)

I was going to do an edit but then I wouldnt get credit for this so anyway...when I reach 500 I would like SAI to play the Monday Night Football theme song for me..."da da da da...." come on sing it with me!!!!! I am going to the Eagles at Pats Sunday Night game Thanksgiving weekend and I cant wait. Me and my freinds who are going sing that theme everytime we see each other. I know its a Sunday night and not a Monday but who cares :)

Ed, I appear to have a slight lead on ya. One of us may make it to 500 today! WOO HOO!!! +1 to my count. ;)

I was going to do an edit but then I wouldnt get credit for this so anyway...when I reach 500 I would like SAI to play the Monday Night Football theme song for me..."da da da da...." come on sing it with me!!!!! I am going to the Eagles at Pats Sunday Night game Thanksgiving weekend and I cant wait. Me and my freinds who are going sing that theme everytime we see each other. I know its a Sunday night and not a Monday but who cares :)

:)

How hard was the installation? Was it a pita to get the old one off?

No not at all, you do need a harmonic puller , you can rent that from any autozone , about three of four turns and she pops right off , you need a 1/2" drive ratchet to take the tension off the belt , and you replace the stud and nut located about at the 2'oclock position from the stock waterpump pulley and replace that with a bolt thats furnished because of the larger water pump pulley that also comes with the kit . Then you use a start bolt they furnish and thread it on until it bottoms out , then use the new crank bolt ,also furnished and thread it in and the underive pulley will pull right up perfect. I would make a diaghram of the belt wrap before you take it off if this is your first time , makes it easier if you forget exactly how the belt was wrapped.

Just out of curiosity... Had you given any thought to the ASP or March brands? They, too, seem to be well regarded.

The Summit kit is a quality piece , I admit I was concerned that it would not be but after I saw it I was well pleased.

Archived