TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500 promoted via cell phone

It's always nice seeing more ads and stories written about the Shelby, but I really think Ford already has enough interest in the Shelbys without any additional marketing tactics. Heck, Ford can't even satisfy the orders they have in hand for presold units. I think this is a way to keep interest and demand higher than they can produce (the supply) , thus giving the dealer network a indirect blessing to continue charging high ADMs. Just another way to more people excited about this car and then screw them over. Way to go Ford!

It's always nice seeing more ads and stories written about the Shelby, but I really think Ford already has enough interest in the Shelbys without any additional marketing tactics. Heck, Ford can't even satisfy the orders they have in hand for presold units. I think this is a way to keep interest and demand higher than they can produce (the supply) , thus giving the dealer network a indirect blessing to continue charging high ADMs. Just another way to more people excited about this car and then screw them over. Way to go Ford!

Nah. This is Ford's Halo car! Its aura brightens their entire product line. They are promoting it more to advertise The Ford Motor Company than to advertise the Shelby, which would sell out without spending a dime on marketing.

The advertising is good and all but why is Ford dumping so much advertising money into a limited production product? Normally you advertise something in order to increase sales which I dont think is an issue with the GT500. I guess ford is "baiting" new customers with the GT500 and then trying to pull a "switch" once they are in the dealership. I think if they are going to promote a product then produce enough to meet the demand (unless the perceived demand is fake and GT500's are actually sitting on dealers lots because no one wants to pay the excessive mark-ups).

Archived