TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter Plans

RogerS

Just a question for all of the forum members who will not be driving their cars over the winter. Well.......I know for some of us winter does not mean snow and ice. :P

What mod's, improvements or plans do you have while the car is laid up for the winter? How about your Christmas list? What does it include?

How about your Christmas list?

Paxton Polished S/C

S/C Gauge Cluster

20" Chrome Razor wheels

Upgraded Front Brakes

Upgraded Rear Brakes

Lower Grille

Light/Duct KIt

Engine Dress Up Caps

Ill be lucky if I get the Lower Grille

I am not doing any thing to my car in the winter in Maryland it snows. Even though it is hot this week but then again it not winter yet

my christmas list is

Shelby mats

gt500 steering wheel

gt500 Rear spoiler

upper grille black

Mine will be in the bubble all winter. I'm hoping I can convince SAI to offer a special package for the SGT, like the KR and SS for the GT500, and will wait on that. I figure by the time all the dust settles and the other mod shops are open I'll be towards the end of the 36/36 BTB anyway and then it will be time to have fun and open the wallet. :unsure:

Mine will be in my garage under my Ford mustang car cover. I am trying to get the crap cleaned out that has accumulated over the summer and make room. I either need another garage or less crap....or both! Anyway this winter I dont foresee anything being done to my SGT. I am waiting on the S/C and my restoring an old mustang with my sons thing is on hold at the moment as well. So if we get some snow I will be spending my time snowmobiling on the weekends and doing some interior painting in my house. At least half of it will be fun!

Mine will be in the bubble all winter. I'm hoping I can convince SAI to offer a special package for the SGT, like the KR and SS for the GT500, and will wait on that. I figure by the time all the dust settles and the other mod shops are open I'll be towards the end of the 36/36 BTB anyway and then it will be time to have fun and open the wallet. :unsure:

I am with Matt, I'll wait 2-3 years and have SAI do the GT-350 package on my car, over a Winter preferrabily. ;)

Even though South Dakota winters are sort of wimpy these days the Mustang will be put to bed in my heated shop for the winter. It will never see a snow flake as long as I am alive and in control of my faculties. Icy SD roads are no place for a Shelby Mustang rear wheel drive (yes, I realize it has traction control). The cover will come off periodically in order to polish and apply another coat of wax. I hope to detail the undercarriage on those cold winter days as well. Most people think I am a little nuts anyway. I am still working on my Christmas list.

The Shelby will stay in the garage. I may take it out on one of those 20 below days when the streets are safe and the sky is clear. Bought me an old car to drive in the snow and ice, my wife has the F-150 4x4.

The Shelby will stay in the garage. I may take it out on one of those 20 below days when the streets are safe and the sky is clear. Bought me an old car to drive in the snow and ice, my wife has the F-150 4x4.

the winters in the south are horrible, 25 feet of snow, blizzards, icebergs, and the yetis are all over the place. yall better stay up north where the winters are so mild. DONT come down here, just put your car up for hibernation for the winter, we have to bury our cars underground to keep the salt from getting thru the garage. :unsure:

michael morris

edit: should have read the following........... :lol::lol:

Mine will be driving around in the beautiful Florida winter :P

Christmas list :

lower grille with lights ( hahah wishful thinking)

New hood pins ( hahah wishful thinking)

My own detail boy ( most likely to come true )

That's it..i am easy :D

i want the break duct kit with fog lights, and a brand new hood scoop.

the winters in the south are horrible, 25 feet of snow, blizzards, icebergs, and the yetis are all over the place. yall better stay up north where the winters are so mild. DONT come down here, just put your car up for hibernation for the winter, we have to bury our cars underground to keep the salt from getting thru the garage. :unsure:

michael morris

Michael – just think how many fewer miles will be on these cherry Northern Hemisphere cars than those down at near the equator after 10 years. Besides those cold, snowy winters keeps all (well, most) of the riffraff to the south of us. :) :rolleyes:

Yep My car will be put away before the first snow. My garage should be finished this week. Cement floor pour on Wednesday!!!!

My list of "winter mods"

Fog lights

brake ducts kit front and rear

gauge pod

clean up grille holes

fix hood scoop

color sand and buff paint to high gloss

upgrade brakes and or calipers but retain stock wheels.

that should keep me busy enough.

Yep My car will be put away before the first snow. My garage should be finished this week. Cement floor pour on Wednesday!!!!

My list of "winter mods"

Fog lights

brake ducts kit front and rear

gauge pod

clean up grille holes

fix hood scoop

color sand and buff paint to high gloss

upgrade brakes and or calipers but retain stock wheels.

that should keep me busy enough.

Now you'll have a place to keep her nice and warm. Looking at the list that will keep you busy!

You all are making me reconsider my considering to relocate to PA. :P

However, I am eyeing an '08 grill replacement and powder coating the cam covers.

I was thinking the 08 grille also. But only if they make it in black powder coat. Why do I keep adding to the list? :lol:

Since we have outlawed cold weather here in Tennessee mine will see it's usual periodic driving for the first half of the winter and hopefully it will be spending the second half in Vegas.

Santa (the missus) has agreed to let me have me a Whipple, new brakes, Razors, a lower grill with lights, a set of brake ducts, and hopefully a new scoop. I don't know how much this will cost me but I think I heard some mumbling about a jewlery store and emptying a bank account........

Just a question for all of the forum members who will not be driving their cars over the winter. Well.......I know for some of us winter does not mean snow and ice. :P

What mod's, improvements or plans do you have while the car is laid up for the winter? How about your Christmas list? What does it include?

That's easy. My 08 SGT :D

+1

I plan on modifying my garage with a 2008 Shelby GT vert!

I don't have a garage (sigh...), but I've decided to buy an SUV for the winter months.

Hey, NY winters can be extreme either way, so I figure if I spend money on a truck, it won't snow.

:unsure:

Jer

Socal why are you thinking of moving to Pa? I always find it interesting when someone moves from the warm belt to our area. Not that Pa is what I call a cold weather state. I had to laugh yesterday. The employment aganecy I am working with called to say thay have a candidate who applied for our position. He is from Hawaii but not relocating until after the holidays. I asked her why he was moving in the first place and said I would bet $$ he moves back 2 days after he gets here. LOL

Archived