TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quality hold

zuk

I,m now being told my car was infact one of the cars built in the first week but, it,s now on a quality hold because they can't get fuel into the tank properly. :banghead: :wacko: :baby::censored::cry:

so now they can't tell me anything on when my car will show.

when i call the customer service at ford they still say my is to show up 6-26 :hysterical::hysterical:

this waiting is getting to be stressful, and now my GT is to leaving today.:(

and as to the vin: # my last 3 digets are 177

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:shift:

I,m now being told my car was infact one of the cars built in the first week but, it,s now on a quality hold because they can't get fuel into the tank properly. :banghead: :wacko: :baby::censored::cry:

so now they can't tell me anything on when my car will show.

when i call the customer service at ford they still say my is to show up 6-26 :hysterical::hysterical:

this waiting is getting to be stressful, and now my GT is to leaving today.:(

and as to the vin: # my last 3 digets are 177

Who to you talk to that gave you the quality hold info?

bj

maybe they forgot to engineer in the hole in which to insert the nozzel

Maybe they had Carroll try to full it up and he couldn't get the gas cap off....you know, the one between the tail lights!

bj

info supposedly came from the northwest regional manager. There sick of me calling twice a day for 6 weeks. Or its just bs to get me to stop calling for a day or 2 :hysterical:

It’s a little confusing when they say its on its way for 6 weeks now :wacko:

esspecially if it was one of the first cars built

I bought an 05 GT Convertible that had the same problem. They replaced the tank and it still had problems taking on gas occassionally. I guess the path to the tank is the problem.

hmmm, I think that Ford should not have this particular problem. After all, they have made a few gas tanks since Henry Ford rolled out the first cars of the assembly line. I wouldn't think that the design has really changed all that much since then.

Sounds kinda fishy to me. Tell them to give you one that's built already and can take gasoline. Then they can wrk on your car and give it to somebody else whith a lower priority when they get it figured out. You've obviously waited a while for the car. I can't see why those behind you would get a car and you wouldn't. Other industries do this all the time.

info supposedly came from the northwest regional manager. There sick of me calling twice a day for 6 weeks. Or its just bs to get me to stop calling for a day or 2 :hysterical:

It’s a little confusing when they say its on its way for 6 weeks now :wacko:

esspecially if it was one of the first cars built

There is no hold on production vehicles.

bj

I have a Shelby Vert that was built 6/16 for a customer. It shows released from plant as of 6/22 with an ETA of 6/29. I am still waiting.

I am told it is on quality hold and has not left Flat Rock but I can not find out any other info. We got a new regional rep who leaves a LOT to be desired. He talks down to me like I have been in the business 25 hours not years.

I emailed the Mustang Brand manager but he is on vaca until next week.

I have several other people trying to go around the system to get me some info. Needless to say, my customer is getting hot, not so much because the car is delayed but the utter lack of cooperation or communication from Ford.

I have a Shelby Vert that was built 6/16 for a customer. It shows released from plant as of 6/22 with an ETA of 6/29. I am still waiting.

I am told it is on quality hold and has not left Flat Rock but I can not find out any other info. We got a new regional rep who leaves a LOT to be desired. He talks down to me like I have been in the business 25 hours not years.

I have several other people trying to go around the system to get me some info. Needless to say, my customer is getting hot, not so much because the car is delayed but the utter lack of cooperation or communication from Ford.

I know your frustration! Mine was built on 6/30 with an eta of 7/21. When I called to day all I got was "produced with an eta of 7/21". Since it is already 7/25 my dealer called Flat Rock and got somebody that actually had a clue. She told him that my car was sent out today to get striped! The new ETA is 12 business days, or 8/10. Ford really needs to give the customers correct information...it is poor customer service to give misleading information to a customer...especially one buying a $45,000 Mustang!

And you know someone knows whats going on. I don't understand why it needs to be such a secret. with all the time my dealership has into trying to find out whats going on and the unhappyness that it couses to a customer (ME). that in this day and age it would make a lot more sence to just tell me whats really going on instead of jerkin me around

1 ok i'm gona stop i'm starting to get pissed

I just came back from my Ford store - checking about my inbound GT.

I told my guy about all this crap.

(they also sell Toyotas)

He said the difference between brands is amazing.

Toyota is the opposite of Ford when it comes to communication.

I think NASCAR is in for a spanking. :shift:

Patience, Patience, Patience, What ever the reason, lack of reason, Be glad that someone wants it right. When you get it lets hope for no funky, unhandy, stressful trips to the garage for tsbs and repair. ps "still waiting on my vin" WildHorses :doh:

(they also sell Toyotas)

Sad, but probably true RUFDRAFT. (Are you close to GT time?)

(they also sell Toyotas)

"YOU GOT THAT RIGHT"

I know your frustration! Mine was built on 6/30 with an eta of 7/21. When I called to day all I got was "produced with an eta of 7/21". Since it is already 7/25 my dealer called Flat Rock and got somebody that actually had a clue. She told him that my car was sent out today to get striped! The new ETA is 12 business days, or 8/10. Ford really needs to give the customers correct information...it is poor customer service to give misleading information to a customer...especially one buying a $45,000 Mustang!

Bill, I agree and hope things smooth out for you. I'm sure that to someone who buys a $22,000 Mustang, the proper delivery of their vehicle is just as important as ours is to us. Just because it's a more expensive car shouldn't make it any more important for Ford to meet their customer's needs.

I'm sure IsellFords and FiveOh treat all customers the same, regardless of how much money they spent.

Again, good luck getting your car! Dave

And you know someone knows whats going on. I don't understand why it needs to be such a secret. with all the time my dealership has into trying to find out whats going on and the unhappyness that it couses to a customer (ME). that in this day and age it would make a lot more sence to just tell me whats really going on instead of jerkin me around

1 ok i'm gona stop i'm starting to get pissed

Are you in seattle area?

I know one is to be delivered there tomorrow some time. Is it yours?

Are you the person who is getting a courtesy delivery? Was your original delivery supposed to be

june 24th-26th

Close, Portland. And now that I've had a beer or two I,m more clam, :party: but anyway the call today from Detroit is that some of the cars built in the first week (37 I,m told) have a problem where they think the tank is overfilled and won't run, never heard that before? Anyway it's officially in wherehouse. 2 other cars in the Portlland area have this problem 3 others showed up last week from a later build. So i guess it is best i wait and have a car i can accually drive as opposed to look at. And for now my buyer on my GT was a no show so maybe I'll get it up to 2000 miles before it goes. I sure wish my Cobra was going to be sonic blue, I just love that color.

So for now I have no Idea when my car will show, so I'll just enjoy the Pic's of the one's that you other lucky drivers have shared :rockon: .

I spoke with AAI this morning (not SVT/Ford Performance) and here's what I was told-

The striping on the coupes has things waaay behind schedule. Ford planning assumed they'd have about a 20-25% demand for the "over the top" stripes. They were only off by about 70%! This created a huge problem for a facility that has no way of applying them, so they go elsewhere to have it done. Apparently they're a bitch to put on and have completely straight and pin-sized bump free. He said the end result looks great, but they are at best getting 8-9 out per day. Vehicles that havebuilt for sometime (mine, for example on 6/27) are still waiting for stripes. Once they get that, they are inspected again. Then, they're transferred back to AAI where they go through a final inspection prior to shipping. They're really trying to make sure they don't have '99 Cobra or Ford GT issues.

Mine has been at "Stripes R Us" since 7/2. I MAY get it striped by the end of the month. Then, re-inspect and ship......and 10-14 days later, I'll have a car. Looks like mid-Aug instead of the original 7/12 ETA.

I asked about other quality issues. He said "nothing other than the Shaker 1000 problem". Really nice guy, very helpful and asked me to call and let him know what I think about it once I've driven it a while.

bj

Sounds like a lot of people getting their greasy mitts on the Shelby's....

For those who are ordering - you may want to consider stripe delete and have your own guy apply the stripes. As I will on my GT.

My stripe guy knows if it isn't right - he has to deal with Me. :rockon:

I spoke with AAI this morning (not SVT/Ford Performance) and here's what I was told-

The striping on the coupes has things waaay behind schedule. Ford planning assumed they'd have about a 20-25% demand for the "over the top" stripes. They were only off by about 70%! This created a huge problem for a facility that has no way of applying them, so they go elsewhere to have it done. Apparently they're a bitch to put on and have completely straight and pin-sized bump free. He said the end result looks great, but they are at best getting 8-9 out per day. Vehicles that havebuilt for sometime (mine, for example on 6/27) are still waiting for stripes. Once they get that, they are inspected again. Then, they're transferred back to AAI where they go through a final inspection prior to shipping. They're really trying to make sure they don't have '99 Cobra or Ford GT issues.

Mine has been at "Stripes R Us" since 7/2. I MAY get it striped by the end of the month. Then, re-inspect and ship......and 10-14 days later, I'll have a car. Looks like mid-Aug instead of the original 7/12 ETA.

I asked about other quality issues. He said "nothing other than the Shaker 1000 problem". Really nice guy, very helpful and asked me to call and let him know what I think about it once I've driven it a while.

bj

they could paint the stripes on MUCH faster

BJ -

Sorry to hear you got caught in the Hole. You are proving that there doesn't seem to be anything predictable in this production since ours were built the same day and you don't have yours yet. Sorry, man. But, if I recall from the order guide, they DID expect a high percentage of the coupes would have the Shelby-trademark top stripes. I also remember someone posting the Shelby-specific parts list back at the beginning of the year. I was astonished at how many pieces of tape were required for the top stripes. FWIW, they did a great job in the application. But it is very obviously labor-intensive. Just getting the long roof stripes on, straight, parallel, and centered. Wow. I originally deleted the stripes, but the dealership owner convinced me to put them back on the order. He was right, and I'm glad I did. As I've said, I refuse to tell others to be patient when I can't be. I'll just say that you will be glad you did get the stripes, even though it's holding up the car right now. Several gearheads at work say the same thing - just wouldn't be a Shelby without them.

BJ -

Sorry to hear you got caught in the Hole. You are proving that there doesn't seem to be anything predictable in this production since ours were built the same day and you don't have yours yet. Sorry, man. But, if I recall from the order guide, they DID expect a high percentage of the coupes would have the Shelby-trademark top stripes. I also remember someone posting the Shelby-specific parts list back at the beginning of the year. I was astonished at how many pieces of tape were required for the top stripes. FWIW, they did a great job in the application. But it is very obviously labor-intensive. Just getting the long roof stripes on, straight, parallel, and centered. Wow. I originally deleted the stripes, but the dealership owner convinced me to put them back on the order. He was right, and I'm glad I did. As I've said, I refuse to tell others to be patient when I can't be. I'll just say that you will be glad you did get the stripes, even though it's holding up the car right now. Several gearheads at work say the same thing - just wouldn't be a Shelby without them.

I most deffinitely agree! Stripes are a must, and if you don't like em peel em off later and paint them on.

Cheers,

Requis

Sounds like a lot of people getting their greasy mitts on the Shelby's....

For those who are ordering - you may want to consider stripe delete and have your own guy apply the stripes. As I will on my GT.

My stripe guy knows if it isn't right - he has to deal with Me. :rockon:

Interestingly, the "greasy mitts" piece was something they addressed with me, without me asking. Because there are literally at least 4 moves of the car just to get it striped, they're triple checking that there are no footprints...all the plastic covering is intact...etc. It was very obvious to me that there is a ton of pride that are going into these cars.

bj

Archived