TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Powerlease closeout - your experience

Is it possible I'm the first PowerLease guy with a car on this board? If not, how has your lease been wrapped up?

I'm still not done even though I took the new car Friday night. Dealer not getting good ansers yet from Ford Credit so I'm stll on hold. For the record, I have two more payments due for lease termination October 15th. The rep at my dealer says you have already paid the last month's payment when you started the lease, so I won't owe an October payment.

I provided the dealer with a copy of the PowerLease brochure, courtesy of Five Oh B and this site, so they can see in hardcopy what the promises were WRT the lease end conditions. As someone else posted on this site, there is no mention of any 90 day window or anything else.

If you have any info, please share. Quite a few are in the same boat it appears.

Is it possible I'm the first PowerLease guy with a car on this board? If not, how has your lease been wrapped up?

I'm still not done even though I took the new car Friday night. Dealer not getting good ansers yet from Ford Credit so I'm stll on hold. For the record, I have two more payments due for lease termination October 15th. The rep at my dealer says you have already paid the last month's payment when you started the lease, so I won't owe an October payment.

I provided the dealer with a copy of the PowerLease brochure, courtesy of Five Oh B and this site, so they can see in hardcopy what the promises were WRT the lease end conditions. As someone else posted on this site, there is no mention of any 90 day window or anything else.

If you have any info, please share. Quite a few are in the same boat it appears.

Congrats on being the first. I am still waiting...car built 6/30 but still not shipped. I still have 6 payments due, and Ford Credit is being a pain, not even acknowledging any of the Powerlease agreement. They are saying I will have to make 3 payments ($1,800) more to close lease. You should be fine with only 2 payments to go, but after going over the PL paperwork I can find....it officially claimed that the lease would end as soon as the new car arrives...period! So why are they causing all these problems now?? They didn't even give us the first cars as promised....many others have already accepted delivery that are not PL holders. :shrug:

Bill -

I'm with you brother. Part of the problem may be that there doesn't seem to be a single, knowledgeable point of contact at Ford Credit who can articulate consistent policy or cite a document to support this 'three payment' window thing.

Fortunately, my dealer is going to buy my '04 Cobra for my payoff amount of $26,000. This ends the problem. Found out today that my car was just sent for striping and is expected 08/10 Not as early as I was promised.....sure hope they make it worth the wait. All the numbers I am seeing have not been overly impressive.

My dealer wants to do the same, but it's not clear what the payout needs to be for my car. My payoff in October is $22K, but this is July. I paid X-Plan for the car new so I assume that's why my payout is less than yours. I'm also over the mileage, but bought the wearcare insurance. Complicated, but it'll be resolved somehow - hopefully without me owing anything.

My dealer wants to do the same, but it's not clear what the payout needs to be for my car. My payoff in October is $22K, but this is July. I paid X-Plan for the car new so I assume that's why my payout is less than yours. I'm also over the mileage, but bought the wearcare insurance. Complicated, but it'll be resolved somehow - hopefully without me owing anything.

Mine listed for $38,850 and I have made 24 payments. Balance now is around $26,000....but I only have 15,500 miles on it and it is in perfect condition. But this whole experience with the PL was aweful. Ford never mentioned a 90 day window when I signed on. Did you know about it?

bill -

First I heard of the 90 day window was on this site, Monday I think.

pfa -

No premuim over invoice for PL. Up to you and dealer. Mine was a few hundred over invoice when all was said and done since it was based on X-Plan.

Mach -

Yup, I have all my paperwork. Looks like a standard Red Carpet Lease paperwork with some addendum pages. The discrepencies that exist are between what the PowerLease brochure said (says actually- copies still available), the lease paperwork, and what Ford Credit is saying on the phone to me and the dealer. It is a mess, but the deal for the car is completely separate. I may owe some money on the lease when all is said and done, but frankly I expected that because of the car's mileage. It just looks very amateurish.

CONGRATS :cheerleader: on being the 1st PL guy with a car :happy feet:

Mine has not arrived yet, :banghead: but due Mon. 7/31, and so is fatchilis. :party:

I'm am so disapointed in the way we have been ignored about all that was

told to us to convence us to PowerLease. My PL will not be over till my wife lets

it go. She is the one that is talking to the lawyer. :fan:

Did Ford do this with ill intent :shrug: I do know thisI STILL DON'T HAVE MY CAR

SC2004 -

Good deal. Hope you're at he dealer right now. Let us know.

Been changed again to Wed. 8/2/06,

this info comes from another guy on this forum (fatchili).

He has an insight on when 3 of us are getting our cars!!!

So far the only good news i've gotten has been through this forum :party:

ThreeCobras, when I first got on this sight I wanted the name 3cobras BUT,

so then went to 3cobra2 (my signature) but decided it was too close

Archived