TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another ebay '08 SGT-Great pics!

Strawman

I would go one further and would like to see the grill, new Shelby GT pins, and hood fix package sent out to all 2007 SGT owners. But I'm guessing the parts are all spoken for the 2008 SGT and they are in short supply. If not free...I would like to at least see SAI offer a 2007 "fix" package to be offerred to owners at cost.

That's sensible... I'd do the grille fix.

Jer

Gotta like that Cobalt Blue. My wife wanted me to cancel the order for the 07 when she found out the 08s would be her favorite color. But, I persevered. I had enough trouble getting the 07 and 6000 of those were supposed to be built.

I just had my grill replaced by my Ford dealer. The middle of the outside, lower edge of the grill had buckled and lifted off the bumper surface. We hypothesized that the pressure on the stock grill by the Shelby insert was causing upward pressure (the bolts are rather short) and with the desert heat the torque bent my grill in the bottom center. I sure wish I had known the 08 grill would look so much better on the car. I would have attempted to get one. My Ford guy said if I was not happy with the way it turned out they would order another one since it was the first one they played with. Maybe I will take him up on that if he can get me a 08. But, then I would have a hybrid.

You know when you purchase the first of any car there will be improvements the next go around. The 07 is an exclusive, beautiful car and I love mine anyway – but, I sure like that new grill.

The MARINES don't want you shopping on Ebay.....Why? I have never heard of this? I have two friends who just retired from the corps and I served 6 years...when did this rule come about?

The Marines don't want anyone shopping on eBay and browsing the web (certain sites anyway) during lulls in the action in between operations. This includes Sailors directly supporting the Corps from the Euphrates River in the Al Anbar province (i.e. me*).

Here, check this out:

Marine Corps News

*Till tomorrow anyway when I begin my trek back home!

Archived